Corsair To Release 4000D AIRFLOW chassis with advanced cable management

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Kind of feel like some cases are taking a step back in aesthetics. I'm sure this one has good functionality, but still.

3. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    I think it looks quite nice !

Not that many white cases to pick from... so more option is good.

4. Drazen

Drazen Member

GPU:
    GTX 2060
    I have Fractal R6 and see this one has similar issue as mine - too tight between motherboard (RAM) and top mounted AIO. I have few mm as here.
    Not sure what is problem moving motherboard 5 - 10 mm down.

5. LevelSteam

LevelSteam Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
    I ran into the same issue with the 280X. With my top rad and fans in place it was impossible to mount the mobo. The mounting points need to be moved down as you mentioned but the top mounting area for your fans and such also needs to be able to accommodate mounting your rad a bit farther away from the motherboard as well too.

Corsair cases seem to work great for people that intend on keeping their build within Corsair's branded ecosystem I guess, but I really think these designs are lacking compared to what they used to offer.

6. trentbg

trentbg Guest

GPU:
    nVidia
    100% with you, there are so many cases that suffer with that poor engineering, I also don't see what is the big deal to just make the case 2 inches taller, not everyone wants an AIO mounted in the front not to mention that it is not an optimal way to distribute air inside the case. Corsair kind of pioneered tall and big cases in a consumer level with plenty of clearance, still using my 800D for that, but I guess they are now fighting for that super budget market under $100 and RGBs are more important than functionality

7. Avalanche

Avalanche Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1080
    I agree. Its like we get either airflow or aesthetics, never both.

At least corsair isn't doing cases with protuding side screws anymore. Those ruffles my jimmies.

8. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    Corsair crystal 680x is absolutely gorgeous irl and super easy to cable manage since it has a huge space behind, I wish I could use it but it's too cramped for my threadripper nuclear reactor (not the cpu but the vrm,chipset,3+ nvme all generate quite a bit of heat)
    like above comments, mid towers might look great on a youtuber's desk but I wish they made "big tower" versions of them

tunejunky likes this.
  9. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    actually this is really a good pragmatic design, especially considering the fact we're in the "moar cores" era. most itx and matx (if you can find one) have limited VRMs and ATX is just cheaper...typically with better VRMs. if the airflow is truly as good as the hype than this is an excellent case unless you want luxury materials ( i.e aluminum or anodized).

10. Sanjay Patel

Sanjay Patel Guest

GPU:
    2x2080 super
    There are only 3 case designs: 99% are the basic tower with the power supply shroud and front fans(which is pretty ugly), the o11 dynamic/dual chamber cases, and the core p3. I think an area of the case market that is not served well is high end air cooled computers with like 2+ GPUs. My idea for a case is like the o11 dynamic but remove the side intake move and move the front up really close to the GPUs like the meshify c and replace the front glass with either acrylic or class with large ventilation holes (only small enough to block fingers from getting in) and an optional magnetic dust filter. And make the clearance big enough for like a 180mm air cooler like the o11 xl. This way we get closer fans on the front and fans on the bottom for the GPU. It's like the air 540 from a while ago but actually good. Another more radical idea I had is to make the top and bottom of the case for GPUs and use risers to connect to the motherboard, that way they exhaust straight out of the case instead of dumping the heat onto the card below them our out of the tiny pci slot in the case of blower cards and have more room for air. This is great for people who do rendering or machine learning where 2+ GPUs really helps and usually they are all air cooled because they need reliability above anything else. These sort of people have deep pockets, make up a large portion of the market, are underserved with stupid case designs, and are looking to buy hundreds of an easy drop in solution for their studio or computer lab where server racks are not the optimal solution. It seems like every case above $100 is designed like there is no such thing as air cooling