Herman Miller and Logitech G Enhance the Embody Chair For Pro Gamers

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    No RGB!?

3. Elfa-X

Elfa-X Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 XT
    Yo, that's a 1500$ chair.

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Hmm not sure how I feel about this. The embody is an awesome chair but I prefer the mesh cooling solution of the Aeron. I would have personally liked a softer, more lofty mesh variant of the embody if they were just going to take that design anyway (I'm not a big fan of the rhythm fabric)

Also the Embody starts at $1200 - either this is going to be outside most gamers budgets or they are going to cheapen the materials significantly to hit a lower pricepoint.

I have to say though, once you sit on a Aeron/Embody/Leap/Gesture or any of the higher end "super chairs" its like impossible to go back. Considering you probably spend more time sitting on your chair than actually playing games, I don't think dropping $1000+ on a chair that will last you a decade is a bad purchase.

Maddness, Herem and MegaFalloutFan like this.

5. Davy1shoe

Davy1shoe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3090ti
    HERMAN MILLER X LOGITECH G EMBODY GAMING CHAIR
    HERMAN MILLER X LOGITECH G

$1,495.00
    Ill take 2

6. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Normal office chair with "gaming" branding.

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    £1,195.00

SAY WHAT?????

I can get a used 2080Ti for cheaper than this and just sit on THIS instead

Maddness, Neo Cyrus and Solfaur like this.
  8. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    I reckon most people who buy Aerons get them used. They can easily be found in great condition for $300-400.
    And yea, my Aeron is one of the best purchases I've made - I'm just kicking myself for not having done so earlier

9. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I guess its all perspective. I'm sitting on a $1,500 Steelcase leap V2 in leather. My next chair will likely be in the same range. Those of us that work from home and put in 10+ hours sitting not having any back pain etc from pressure points is worth every penny. With that said I personally prefer the HM Aeron.

GSDragoon likes this.
  10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Ya I got mine used from Madison Seating, it's harder to find Embody used but I haven't really looked in a few years now.

I went from the Aeron to the Leap V2.. the Aeron is better if you have good posture, the Leap works under a range of postures (I've read the Gesture does this even better but I haven't sat in one yet).

I personally prefer the Leap but both chairs are excellent.

Maddness and JamesSneed like this.

11. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I'm not sure sitting 10h+ daily is healthy. I have electric desk (at home and at work) and do some work while standing up. If that is an option, I would recommend it.

Maddness likes this.
  12. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    unless it has a suspended seat, no plank no bars it's not a good gaming chair, a wooden plank is a wooden plank be it 1500$ or 15$ if you're sitting on a hard surface it's not comfortable
    if you want to play for 24hrs straight get an AKracing, quality isn't the best but what matters is this
    [​IMG]
    no plank no metal bar under your rear it's floating on suspenders
    recommended by a real gamer (people without 2000+hrs games don't apply) who has spent 72hrs on his seat when he was younger and played mmos
    [​IMG]

Solfaur likes this.
  13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    [​IMG]

This is the spring system the normal Embody uses - not sure if this one will strip it out for something cheaper, but yeah it's definitely not a plank of wood.

14. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    For $1500 this should have cooing fans for your butt.

GSDragoon and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Damn, I'm all for good chairs ("gaming" or otherwise) but this does seem a bit too steep. I got so used to my AK Racing Premium V2 with it's lumbar and cervical pillows, that I don't know if I can live without them. Only problem is that the leather started coming off after 5 and a half years of heavy usage (replaced the cylinder about 2 years ago with a much better one, that AK sent me for free after the old one broke, even though it was out of warranty).

So yeah, I'm thinking to either find someone good to replace the leather/textile on the entire thing, or buy something new. But from what I've looked, the ones that are now in the price range of my old V2, are not as good quality. But then again looking at something like the one in this news, is a bit out of my price range.

16. longest

longest Member

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus
    "yo how do we trick idiots out of their money now that they're stuck at home?"
    "1500$ chair!"
    "get on that!"
    i do use a $700 ergohuman office chair but this "gaming" crap is nonsense

17. TieSKey

TieSKey Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx870m 3Gb
    A super expensive "designer" "gaming" chair with no detailed dimension information? ha.....
    Idk u but it looks a bit "short" for my height and I'm not thaaaat tall.

18. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    I might look again when it hits $300, or less, preferably...;) The people who made this can see the "gamer" crowd coming for miles...!

19. tived

tived Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 super
    I have had the Embody chair since 2012 and it is still good as new
    As for someone who has lower back issues it has been really good.

however today I would choose a HAG chair which is more of a saddle, due to issues with hip and nerve pain in the leg.

those young enough, spending $1200-1500 on a good chair is a far better investment that any other gadget

damn I must be getting old

20. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Out of all things i bought for my setup, i feel that my dxracer chair is the biggest waste of money, by far. Now i do like this a lot better on looks and probably is way more comfortable (the two things i think my chair lacks) than mine,but i still think its a waste of money big time.

My next chair will be the cheapest mesh one i can find.