Death Stranding

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 14, 2016.

1. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    FYI for anyone else having this issue. If you want to use DSR... your desktop has to be at that resolution or higher. It's a bit annoying but not the first game a that does that. I hope it gets fixed.
    Anyway, I'm having a great time with the game. Simply amazing graphics and such a crazy story so far. I'm a big MGS fan so I love sitting back and watching the cinematics. I can't wait to get deeper into the story.

AsiJu likes this.
  2. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Weird about DSR, I've had games change the windows desktop resolution to the one from the game upon exiting but never had to change the desktop resolution to raise the game's. Weird, hope its fixed.

Glad at least some are enjoying since it certainly has good points but just isn't for me.

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    works for me @ 8k

also here's how the game's performance looks like on my setup @ 4k which is think is better than G3D benchmark by 11fps ?!!

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There is nothing to fix, game either uses a windowed mode or queries the display directly bypassing the enumerated driver resolutions.

5. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    The game does run awesome and I did not run into any stutter during prologue,also game looks good no shadows on vegetation and possible other areas.

6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    they updated the game to 1.01 with a 5gb file for AVX in some CPUs

7. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    It's been a while since I bought a sandbox game. So far I am enjoying the overall environment and infrastructure of this game. This morning I looked up any discussion regarding the online play aspects. I had been suspicious the game was automatically tapped into other players who are playing it. At first I thought that was simulated within the game and not actually on online connection providing inputs from other players.

Long story short, I read several in-depth descriptions of playing online vs. offline. Now that I know how the game is set up and confirmed the online feature is real...I will be playing offline. I prefer experiencing the world it creates as a solitary person working to rebuild infrastructure and reconnect civilization. Having it all manifest due to untold numbers of other "Sams" who have preceded me and completed the work for me ruins the challenge.

I've been gaming since the late 70's. Online play...each time I try it...always disappoints. I think this is because most games work best when the other "players" are simulated within the game. Real players always introduce a lot of unnecessary chaos and weirdness that ruins the immersion factor. This is not to say there are some games where having teams and individuals working together does not work. Flight sims and space sims come to mind. But for a game like this, the online inputs from other players literally accelerates what's happening and removes a lot of the "work".

As a side note, for those who know me, let me give a shout out and say, "Hi". I hope all of you are doing well.

P.S. I'm still playing Far Cry 2 and love it. I see there's now a Far Cry 6 on the way. Too bad UbiSoft can't get that game off the merry-go-round. It had so much potential back in the day that never got realized.

rodrigoxm49 and TekkMarine like this.
  8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It would be interesting to test on a cpus without avx like x58 i7's and xeons.

9. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Damm so many cut scenes that my controller goes to sleep almost every cut. I am also playing in offline mode but I still see other people stuff left behind and something about giving likes, maybe it is time for me to disconnect my internet connection ,to get rid of any online part.
    It bugs me having other peoples crap in a single player game. Yeah it is a weird thing on my part and may read as stupid,only online game I like is World of Warcraft and that is because I choose to be playing online.

Also it feels you really do not have any control over what happens in the game.Stupid stuff just happens and it is not looking like I will finish this game.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  10. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    Well. You can't because the game won't launch. I bought it and looked forward to playing on my Xeon X5670. Nope. No launch. The X5670 doesn't support AVX, only SSE and I can't get a refund from GMG. So I'm stuck until they patch it.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    They usually patch it. The Crew 2 and AC games got it after a while.

12. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    I have found the cut scenes to be extensive as well. It takes a lot of time to get through a single "mission". I don't mind it so long as the story remains strong. So far I find it interesting. I was thinking about the online impact on the game and wonder why anyone would find it satisfying to play a game that more or less "auto-completes" via all the player contributions coming through the online connection. If there are enough, the game looses it's sense of purpose at the individual player level. Perhaps this form of "collective gaming" is a cultural thing with the author. For myself, I prefer to be tasked and challenged by the game...it's why I bought it in the first place.

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Have feeling that if Kojima was still with Konami when developing this game, it would very different. They would not have allowed him unbridled artistic license. I think he considers long drawn out cut scenes as adding sophistication to the game, turning it into part game, part movie. Also think he aspires to be a sci-fi movie director more than a game developer. Because movie directors are cooler and more respected than game authors. But his credentials can only get him financing for games, not movies.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Kojima Productions will be making movies.

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    If so, no wonder. I could see it in his overly pretentious style. Any financing for movie projects will have to involve high risk venture capital from those who have a lot of faith in him.

XenthorX likes this.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Kojima will make Half Life 3 confirmed.

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Another thing about Kojima, I dont think he understands the concept of pacing.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Kojima might be working with Junji Ito for Kojima Productions next video game, if that becomes a reality you just know it's going to be horror of the scariest magnitude... Junji Ito's manga's are freaky... like really really freaky..

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You remember this first trailer of Silent Hills? It was beyond freaky. A stuff of nightmares. I think they will get along just fine. :D

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Omg, that was so frickin intense, didnt see this yet.. shame it got canceled. Imo it would be no1 horror survival game

Undying likes this.