Microsoft stops selling Xbox Live Gold annual subscriptions

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Possibly they are going to merge gold and gamepassb ultimate into one which would be fine by me as gamepass is fantastic, so not having to buy another sub in the form of gold would be right up my street, or maybe they are going to make xbox online free and and make gamepass the optional sub with all the benefits like how PS plus was on the PS3, free online but pay to get free games every month across a ps3 and ps vita, or possibly due to the way they are merging the xbox and W10 they are going to unify online between both, meaning console and W10 users can play online free while with GPU they gain all the optional extra benefits, i don't know just same guess work until they tell us, but they have a games thing this Thursday the 23rd, so they might tell us what is happening at that.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  3. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    If you put it by month in here it is monthly at 9.99 Euro by month and annual is 5.75 Euro by month...
    When you see that most pass are below 5 Euro in here exept for PSN i don't think it is a right move. We will see.

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Do people actually buy their subs from MS directly, as they can be had far cheaper from third party sellers, always have been, i stacked 3 years of gold in 2019 for £24 a year whereas if i had bought it directly from MS it would have cost me £39.99 a year, same with this GPU sub, i had been topping GPU up from third party sellers by grabbing 3 months of the normal gamepass for £7 from sites like CD keys when there were on sale, which once redeemed converted to 2 months of GPU, so you could stack up a year of GPU for £42, you just need to keep a eye out for the deals when they appear. ;)

And of course MS rewards also basically giving your £60 free a year to spend on the Xbox or W10, and all for the sake of 1 min of searching on Bing daily, MS are throwing money at gamers and i love it. ;)

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    There was Gold then Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate included Gold since it's start, hence why a lot of Xbox Gold subscribers switched over since the cost isn't much higher, at least not here.

MS Rewards is not worldwide though.

6. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Tried to order an (1year and 2 year) XBL membership on Costco and both were denied. I wonder if buying a few codes now would save some money in the future though.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  7. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    I cant get over the Design of this console. What a boring design IMO. Im sure it has bad air flow also which doesnt make sense considering this box design. I hate Sony but looks alot better.

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    11 years a gold subber, so MS quite rightly should be paying me now. lol

Brasky likes this.
  9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    You can either opt for a boring design or a polarizing one. If you're trying to make the most sales, boring is better. It's very rare to make a machine practical and widely agreeable to be elegant. Jaguar is one of the very few companies that managed to accomplish that multiple times.

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Functional design and the airflow isn't bad, it's not like Thermalbreak made it an blocked off one end.
    Apart from that discussing it should have been in the other thread.

Brasky likes this.