Mad Catz R.A.T. PRO X3 Supreme Available Now

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    Max. Report Rate 3000 Hz / 0.3 ms i think this is the first

3. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Looks like a freaking autobot but I have heard good stuff about them.

4. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    this kind of mouses are never going away? i even remember the company going bankrupt, well in any case i really like em. Pretty eye catching without the RGB

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    They are noctua of mouses.

6. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
  7. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    Ugly, overpriced, irrelevant since 2017?

Neo Cyrus likes this.
  8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    There is a good quality involved. No rgb also.

9. LevelSteam

LevelSteam Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
    I had one of the OG Cyborg RAT 7 mice when it first came out and eventually wore it out. After the company changed hands or whatnot the quality in the second one I tried to replace it with just wasn't there, particularly the sensor.

That said, I did really like mine when it worked.

10. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    Not sure if it's technically possible to make a computer mouse that is uglier than this.

gx-x likes this.

11. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    You are forgetting that I wrote "irrelevant since". There are brands out there that make superb fans for a lot less and you can get them in black non-RGB or RGB. It's just that, to say as plainly as I can, Noctua got "made" they have nothing special, no one wants to use the ugly paint to reduce friction by 2~3% and so on. Hence I made a joke. Though, I knew you were thinking only the best when you compared them to Noctua. ;)
    But I like my Arctic fans now more than I like my Noctua fans. ;)

Undying likes this.
  12. Nice to see they are still around even if another company purchased the licensing rights, brand, name etc at auction but I’m hoping they are able to become successful

13. LevelSteam

LevelSteam Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
    I quite like the Noctua redux line myself, and the prices look to be right at the same level as the arctic fans (provided people arent foolish enough to pay $45 for one 120mm fan from a third party seller). How's the noise level on the artics overall?

14. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    noise is lower with each new iteration of bearings. Quite low on ~1300rpm, non existent (just the sound of air) <1000rpm on the latest bearings in P series. (and you get a box of 5 120mm
    PWM fans for ~$20 dollars there are also 140mm and so on)

15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    This is probably the ugliest mouse I've ever seen

16. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Was happy with my rat TE until i needed more buttons.

17. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    That's super bizarre to hear since they're notorious, for what feels like decades, for really expensive crap that's worse than what you would expect bottom-of-the-barrel quality to be. They're one of the worst of the worst when it comes to build quality according to me and literally everyone I've ever known with experience with them. They got away with it (still get away with it?) because the peripherals were often niche items, like game pads made for fighting games. It was often them or nothing for a certain style/make.

Noctua, as overpriced, and uglier than hell, as their items are, at least are proven performers. But their trolling of everyone asking for non-diarrhea style items with overpriced, difficult to find, colour kits and "special' variations is losing them more customers than they think.

I use an NH-D15 AM4 "Special Edition" (which just appears to be the NH-D15 minus normal mounting gear, a middle finger, and a different name)... because it was literally the one and only performer that actually came with AM4 mounting out of the box in the up to $150 (probably higher, the only comparable performance was expensive AIOs) price range available at the time.

But considering how hard to get their items are, even for common things like simple 120mm pwm fans, resulting in price gouging, near intolerable looks, and rapidly encroaching irrelevance... that's probably the last Noctua item I'll ever buy unless I'm forced into a situation where it's the only available option, again.

That exact same disdain goes to Mad Catz, I'll buy their crap (key word) when I have literally not a single other option available. My go-to is Logitech because they've proven time and time again that they offer real support and warranty, often quickly shipping me replacements with very little hassle with a quick phone call. Though I have heard they're stealthily replacing some premium items with cheaper quality builds, but I have no specifics or verification.

On the opposite end is Steel Series, who based on a made up BS technically, refused warranty on my $160 one-hundred-and-sixty-dollar mouse after it went to crap because of defective manufacturing/flaws. That's super illegal anywhere civilized, there are protection laws, but outside of EU I never hear of them being enforced. Of course they have no phone line you can call either and are horribly rude assholes too. I tell everyone I know not to buy from them. They pretend to be high quality EU company, when in fact their quality is below garbage can quality made-in-China rubbish possibly even worse than Mad Catz.

And I can confirm SS have swapped that "it can't get any worse" quality for even worse to the point that their $160 mouse's accessories have the build quality literally identical to dollar store plastic items, same crappy seams not trimmed, same "worst possibly quality" plastic look and smell, and brittle "this will break if I look at it wrong" feel/flex. Side by side it's insane how "wow this is garbage" looks fantastic compared to their new "this needs a word worse than garbage" versions.

Well that turned into an essay... you're welcome.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    gx-x and Undying like this.