No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    The journey is the goal.

There is also a main story though -- the Atlas path.

2. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    No second hand ones for sale here atm.....new they are $600-700....got a second hand 1070 for $399

KissSh0t likes this.
  3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Man sorry but that s a rip off, 1070 used for 399....lol you can buy a new 2060 for that price

4. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Not everyone works in US dollars bro.....but ok.....got a second hand 1070 for $249

cerebus23 likes this.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Where I am 2060's, the non-Super models are between $550 to $640, the Super models are between $730 to $830

1070 is a very nice card and will do a good job for quite a few years to come.

stalkerfan likes this.
  6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Wherever you are, amazon is unified,Rtx 2060 359 US now at amazon,go check

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Where do additional multitools go when you purchase a new one?

I noticed that you can purchase additional ones instead of trading it to replace the current multitool with a new one... not sure when this change was added? but.. um.. yeah... where do the old multitools go?

*edit*

Figured it out, you can switch between different multitools on the fly with the character menu.

*editit*

took two screenshots : D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

0_____0

Did not see that coming.

*edit*

Wow that's quite the chunky update, 5.7GB

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Keitosha and Kolt like this.
  10. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Got this update and now my mouse is screwed up. I checked the forums on Steam, it's apparently a known issue many are having. A solution that works in the meantime for some people is to Alt-Tab out and back in the game and that fixes it. It doesn't work for others though. That's my case unfortunately, if I Alt-Tab out (or if I use the Windows key) it crashes the game automatically. There's an Experimental branch build that's fixing the problem but it's Experimental and not everyone bothers with that. I might give it a try later on.

I'm happy to see new content for this game but I can't fathom why they couldn't at least test their build before publishing it. They must have known about this Mouse problem since they posted their Experimental branch post with the fix about it like 1 hour after making their patch available.

Anyway, it's nice to see new stuff for this game (even though it's not the actual stuff I'd wish to see for this game to be honest).

11. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    I've pretty much ditched the game since they keep adding stuff for exploring while there is nothing left to explore.
    For me what was once a beautiful and ambitious project has taken a wrong turn at some point, and once you realize every planet is a reproduction of one of the 200 you've seen before, the novelty effect begins to crumble.
    I guess it is easier for them to keep adding trinkets, while it probably requires an enormous re-programming effort to make the world more varied and entice exploration further while making you feel you are actually discovering something new.
    For me it's a shame, I had high expectations from this game, got it when it came out and have 400 hrs on it.
    Not to mention that every new content update brings a bevy of bugs that remain unfixed forever.
    Very sad to see this potential gem turned into yet another base-building chore : (

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    There was a hotfix, has that fixed the issue for you?

Any bugs you find report them here: https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=167605

13. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Nah, mouse is still unresponsive (only going down and right, no up and no left), there's a bug with the Y and X axis stuff I guess. My controller works, however. But I don't like to play with controllers on my PC unless it's a fighting or a racing game. It's ok, not a big deal I wasn't that much in a hurry to play No Man's Sky. I'm seeing a lot of valid complaints regarding the new Exo Suit anyway, it appears that it doesn't control well, movement isn't fluid, it turns too slowly and doesn't do much in any better way than you can already do on foot; and so on. So I'm guessing that they're going to address the bugs first, then they'll probably make more adjustments to the Exo Suit movements / controls in the coming week and beyond.

I'll just wait until they officially release their next patch (the one that probably contains the hotfix in the Experimental build). I don't mind just waiting for it. Besides, this update also broke some mods that I was using the last time I played, and they too need to be updated in due time. So yeah it's too fresh outta the oven right now, gonna let things cool down a bit.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    this thread is still active? on this shallow game is beyond me...

16. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    The only thing shallow here is your contribution to this thread.

Keitosha, ShadowDuke and Grimbarian like this.
  17. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    These updates are great for new or lapsed players because they give you more to do. Me personally, I was already on my 3rd or 4th playthrough with NEXT and have no interest in starting again, so every couple of patches I update the mods and fire it up but after a few hours I get bored and stop playing again.

I want enemy NPCs in the wild (like Gek pirates or something), proper dogfights on the surface with AI ships that actually crash, more variety in terrain/flora/fauna, rivers/waterfalls/waves, improved LOD/Draw Distance. The planets are still too boring.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Apparently this update we just got was only a small scale update with some more larger ones planed for this year... that's pretty cool if true.

19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    As ever, the team has also continued to work on more updates. We have several more significant releases planned for the year, and we’re excited to share more news about them when the time comes.

Its true, more bigger things are coming.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

--

I finally fully upgraded my suit capacity to max, really hope any future update doesn't require a new start :x