451.77 Studio Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Terje_P, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Terje_P

Terje_P Active Member

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    What’s New in the NVIDIA Studio Driver Version 451.77 WHQL

NVIDIA Studio Drivers provide artists, creators and 3D developers the best performance and reliability when working with creative applications. To achieve the highest level of reliability, Studio Drivers undergo extensive testing against multi-app creator workflows and multiple revisions of the top creative applications from Adobe to Autodesk and beyond.

Applications

This Studio Driver provides full support for the new DirectX 12 Ultimate graphics API. This includes support for DirectX Raytracing (DXR) version 1.1 as well as support for mesh shaders, sampler feedback, and variable-rate shading (VRS). Additionally, this driver supports Hardwareaccelerated GPU Scheduling when used with the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. In addition, this driver adds support for Vulkan 1.2 as well as optimal support and bug fixes for the latest creative applications from Adobe, Autodesk, Blender, Chaos, and Corel.

Download:
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/162471/en-us

Driver notes:
    http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/451.77/451.77-win10-nsd-release-notes.pdf

2. kosta20071

kosta20071 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Branch Info: r451_40-8 (451.67 GRD branch is higher: R451_62-2)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Exostenza and Dragondale13 like this.
  3. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Driver shows same performance as 451.67, i.e., not as fast as pre 451 drivers in benchmarks, but very smooth gaming.
    Finally ironed out the slowdown in some areas of Metro Exodus using Ultra setting on my rig.As I suspected was due to my cpu oc or rather the LLC on the IMC and VTT...set them both to 30% and sluggish areas are gone.Looks like leaving them on Auto is equivalent to 45% or more on my board which is not enough to ensure thorough output when gaming.Benchmarks and other app performance was fine.
    So wasn't a driver issue, can feel more comfortable now going forward with future driver updates. :)

4. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    what exactly did you do?

5. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Can you take a picture of these BIOS options or explain it clearer please? What did you set to 30%? And where are they located? I haven't been on the BIOS for a long time now, pretty sure I have LLC set, but what's with the percentages? I don't remember a percentage option for LLC.

6. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Trying this driver out installed it and for the first time for a long while on 2004 build no GSOD after reboot after install

7. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    So far so good for me. Last 'keeper' driver for me was 442.92 Studio. Only played Warframe briefly and Silent Hill 3 so far.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There were no changes to this driver that would have brought about this.

9. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC

????? would love to know exactly what you did

10. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    @Blackfyre, snight01 - I'm on old X79.In the bios under advanced voltage configuration, I can tweak llc in percentages for imc, vtt and dram.The lower the number, the less vdroop will occur under heavy load.

Studio Drivers are like Quadro QNF drivers, like in the description, they're tested to ensure stability in workstations.For someone to state that they're the same as a GRD, then Nvidia (according to the logic of some people) intentionally leave out the "testing for stability" part in the description for game ready drivers...liar, liar, pants on fire Nvidia (according to these people).

Tesla drivers are basically the same, just the installer is trimmed down because most features are not needed, focus is more on compute performance.

That's my uneducated take on it.

11. EnthusiastX

EnthusiastX Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Is there a non-DCH (Classic Control Panel) version of these drivers? Is there a way to convert DCH to non-DCH?

12. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    No there isn't, the file structure is different.DCH is built for OEM distribution.There is a standard version you can download from Nvidia's site.

DannyD likes this.
  13. EnthusiastX

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    When I look for 451.77 driver online all I find is the DCH version. Can you link me to the standard version?

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I don't recall there being a standard version of the studio driver?

15. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    Then your recollection sucks. :)

You can get it from here: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/162469/en-us

Dragondale13 likes this.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  17. EnthusiastX

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Thank you!

18. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    For standard version: nvidia.com > Drivers > All Drivers > Beta And Older Drivers > Use the Pulldown Menus to get what you want.

19. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    except for being DCH I don't normaly install those

20. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    One snag so far. When playing an old game (Silent Hill 2 PC Enhanced) the desktop is left totally washed out and over bright when quitting the game. Have to tinker with color settings in the nvidia control panel or reboot to correct it. Now the SH2 Enhanced version does use directx 8 to directx 9 dlls/mods and such, so it's a bit "hacky", but when rolling back to 442.19 or 442.92 driver the problem does not occur.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020