NVIDIA GeForce 451.67 WHQL Drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by SyntaX, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Obsidian_Oasis

Obsidian_Oasis Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070s
    Driver 451.67 failed to fix the outstanding issue for Forza 7 due to... what again?

That seems related to me.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yes, and if you can't reproduce an issue you can't fix it, since there are graphics issues in some games that are related to the cpu in use (mass effect on AMD cpu's) that also makes a case for similar issues in other games, and end users reporting "xxx on my xxx breaks xxx" without detailing the rest of their system info causes the brick wall effect.

Pay attention to the flickering in WoW that has a singular root origin but has various fixes with no common connection

3. Obsidian_Oasis

Obsidian_Oasis Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070s
    Yeah, my wife is still very unhappy with this bug on her CrApple MacBook Pro.

4. GiveMe

GiveMe Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Trinity OC
    settings doesn't matter, i tested this a few weeks ago.
    The Bug don't happening on all tracks but the track "spar" is the easiest way to repro.
    sometimes it takes 3 rounds to manifest and stuttering begins usually after 10-15minutes until unplayable.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/geforce-driver-451-22.432623/page-11#post-5799417
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/geforce-driver-451-22.432623/page-11#post-5799516

Some strange flickering bug is also happening if you change from your Car the rims or the colour.
    try to test without framelimit, it happening also with framelimit and vsync but without framelock the bug can be repro faster.

With the inspector Driver Profile from @Astyanax the bug is complete fixed, no more graphic anomalies or stuttering

The Same bug was also in Forza Horizon 4 but nvidia already have fixed the bug long time ago

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    [​IMG]

Always nice when a driver bug exposes a weak overclock :cool:

HoWxCoRe likes this.
  6. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Back to 445.87 and happy to report on the system with the 980 GTX/I7/16GB no more stuttering/freezeups in Warzone!

7. WillG

WillG Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    @ManuelG

Noticing with Windows 10 build 2004 and the 450 branch Nvidia drivers - I am experiencing severe stuttering with VSync (Regular - forced). (stutters every 2-3 seconds).(Don't often have problems with my setup)
    Vsync seems to operate correctly if 'Fast Sync' is enabled instead. (Markedly improved if not fixed).

This does not occur with Windows 10 build 1909.

Windows 10 Pro 2004, AMD 3900X & RTX 2080.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    All i can say is i've had no such issues here on 2004 and the 450 drivers in a single display setup in anything i've tried, and i've been playing racing games recently where i would notice such issues.

WillG likes this.
  9. Neolitejukebox

Neolitejukebox New Member

GPU:
    760 2Gb
    Having a weird issue with DX12 with 2004 and these drivers.

When running any game in DX12 windowed , if I try to alt+tab my main monitor will turn off and on ( like the game was in fullscreen )

I can use the second monitor fine , but if I try to open startmenu or access anything behind the dx12game running in the main monitor ( in windowedfullscreen mode ) the screen will turn off and on, like I was changing refresh rate of the monitor.

It seems it only happens with Dx12 , using vulkan or dx9 seems to work just fine when on windowedfullscreen mode , alt tabbing just works without screen turning off and on. ( rdr2 , gw2 + dx912pxy were the only games I tested )

Is anyone else having this issue ? unsure if it's a driver/2004update bug or just my system being derpy.

Edit : Noticed when ingame my monitor hz were 144.1hz and when alt+tabbing/opening start it would be 143.9hz, so assumed this was the reason the monitor was turning off and on .

I tried a lot of stuff to "lock the hz" from trying to set 120hz/140hz.

Turning gsync on in the ncp and it fixed it , I turned g-sync off and it remains fixed. ( ??? ) Still not 100% sure what caused this behaviour.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is the same thing being reported about HDR causing a flicker/blanking when pressing the winkey, the desktop refresh and game refresh are not at the same so desktop flashes back and forth between the two.

11. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    I had this problem also. My solution was to enable G-sync for Fullscreen mode only. It seems that G-sync with HDR in windowed mode was the cause of that problem for me.

12. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

If you think this is the way to go about solving issues in real life, then you are going to have to get a soccer mom hair cut and rename yourself Karen.

13. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    Not sure if this has been posted yet but I just did a clean install of these drivers using DDU and in Modern Warfare I am now getting a strange flickering in the menus.. this did not happen with the previous drivers and I am reverting back to them to see if this fixes the issue!

14. WillG

WillG Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Thanks for feedback - All i can think is that it is some sort of compatability problem between the Graphics driver and the new build of Windows.
    No matter what, Build 2004 produces stuttering for me - on what has been an pleasingly smooth AMD build.
    Reverting to Build 1909 fixes it all - so don't know if something to do with drivers, WDDM 2.7 +, or something in the 2004 build that is not working nicely with my hardware.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Sounds like a particular platform driver for the mainboard is the source of it, i'll see what i can turn up.

Was it 19041 or 19042 that you're experiencing it on?

16. WillG

WillG Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Currently 19041.388 on MSI B450 Mobo with latest BIOS and AMD chipset drivers.

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Are you using the AMD chipset driver 2.05.04.352 supplied by MSI for Build 19041.388 ?

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    update the MSI software that you can and removed anything that hasn't been updated recently (last year), MSI has retired some of their software with no intention to update it.

Theres a few B450 mainboards though so you need to specify, it could be something like one of the ones that include a killer nic package.

19. gadmin

gadmin Active Member

GPU:
    3080 Ti Gaming OC
    even no clean install, hags off
    Far Cry New Dawn 1.0.2 (ultra+taa)

451.48 min/avg/max
    ---------------------------
    720p: 83/116/177
    1440p: 86/107/139
    2k: 84/102/130

451.67 min/avg/max
    ---------------------------
    720p: 85/117/181
    1440p: 86/106/140
    2k: 84/103/130

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    evgenim likes this.
  20. WillG

WillG Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    MSI B450M Mortar Max - It's the newer Mortar one, remade with AMD 3000 compatability built in. Also has 32mb Bios.

I often find sites like MSI, Gigabyte etc are lagging behind - I go straight to AMD:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450
    But in this case the MSI site is newer - so, for once, I'm actually using the 2.05.04.3xx from there.

No killer NIC, it's a Realtek GBe (which I've downloaded and installed driver for). No MSI software - I like to keep my system clean of any third-party software and just run essentials.

Using the latest BIOS from MSI version 7B89v28 :
    https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450M-MORTAR-MAX

Thanks for help fellas :)