How has this pandemic affected you?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by W@w@Y, Jun 13, 2020.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    first if all I posted in what I thought was the other thread
    sorry to this thread starter
    secondly how come most lib dems are so hypocritical?
    that was a study from jonh hopkins
    https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/new...rs_now_third_leading_cause_of_death_in_the_us

and that's just a conservative number it may be 2 times that amount

here even lol the fact checkers on tweet say it true

• 10 percent of all U.S. deaths are now due to medical error. - Click to Tweet
    • Third highest cause of death in the U.S. is medical error.- Click to Tweet
    • Medical errors are an under-recognized cause of death. - Click to Tweet

just because a doctor says it does not mean its gospel was my counter point

so looks like its pretty widespread them killing people in hospital's by accident or maybe not who knows tbh
    that's a fact so get over it.

they told us not to wear masks at first right? oh because your life did not matter more then a doctor or nurse who needed them.

tin foil that

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Ahem, stick to casual polite conversation.
    Check your ego at the proverbial door.
    Thank you,I know y'all can and know better.

sykozis and 386SX like this.
  3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Weird, you can apparently read, but not comprehend what you read. None of what you posted makes anyone hypocritical and makes you look even more dumb. Nobody told us NOT TO WEAR MASKS, well except Trumpswabs. You're one of those folks who post links then completely distorts and lies about their content. Looks you'd be the sort to argue that 'If we didn't test for cancer we'd have less cancer.

Your next absurd attempt at distortion of facts: "Just because a doctor said it". Wow...it's more like "THE ENTIRE SCIENTIFIC AND MEDICAL COMMUNITY SAYS IT. You're absurd.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You didn't make a point and I would be surprised if you're over 40. Explain why would be STUPID to WEAR A MASK WHEN YOU'RE IN PUBLIC MOVING AROUND AN ENCLOSED AREA LIKE A RESTAURANT PRIOR TO SITTING DOWN AND SOCIAL DISTANCING AT YOUR TABLE. You did not make a point. You argued to make folks less safe. The end.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

This is good advice when you have ethical and moral participants. When you have folks who actively lie and distort for their own what appears to be, politics, fukc being polite.

6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Thread lock inb4...

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well I suppose it would matter depending on country and regulations but more importantly it'd hinge on how well it's actually followed, buffets are still around here as is salad bars and sure you might see people wearing masks possibly even gloves in restaurants or fast food places (Might even be hand disinfectant available though optional to use.) but it's going to be very mixed in how it's handled even for just the basic recommended meter distancing from other people in there.

Complicated further by how the staff might not be using either so whatever is in the food when it's served well that's what is going to get you even if you have some care for close contact with other people in the vicinity but again it's probably going to vary from one place to another and from how different countries handle it or enforce it. (Buffets were a bit of a no-no here but it wasn't followed even as some owners were fined or forced to temporarily close in a few cases when inspections were performed in the larger cities.)

EDIT: I like the idea of enforcing some rules and limiting spread but yeah even when people were at least somewhat caring about Corona at least for how it's going around here the way stores or eateries were following regulations were really mixed and now it's practically gone much like so much else for trying to reduce the pandemic.
    (Hopefully the larger cities are a bit better about this but from what I do hear then that's also pretty mixed though check-ups and such are performed at a better rate which at least has a temporary effect in improving things.)

EDIT: Would think the other Nordic countries have done a better job at least but I haven't checked though overall they have had much better results from what I have heard so obviously whatever they've done has also worked better. Rest of the EU well no idea though the tourism pressure on opening up borders and such and other things might see a increase in confirmed cases and a new wave again.

Lots of people from places were Corona regulations were handled less strictly all going around in different countries and yeah it's going to be a problem alright that seems obvious no wonder some of these countries that do rely on tourism want to handle this separately for certain countries.
    (Like Sweden not being the most popular to allow in from how it's sounding like as if that's any surprise but it might change before this is all finalized.)

It's been interesting to read on how this is done in different parts of the world and the effectiveness and then compare to here, things were going well or at least reasonably so but then about two months back it started getting worse and now it's pretty much treated like something only elderly risk catching so those are almost the only ones you see here taking active precautions against risking close contact and hygiene and all these things that reduce spreading.

Guidelines for stores, restaurants and public spaces are still around but barely followed at all and not very enforced either thus the increase lately and higher infection rate and number of cases having increased by a lot (Though there's been periods with a decrease too so that's good at least.) and I have no idea how this is going to go from how the situation already is at though the rain this week has been a overall positive change because there's a lot less people out and around so that should see some positive changes to the charts as there's apparently nothing like a bit of warm water from above to get people to stay indoors.
    (Well some people, plus it'll clear up and go back to the usual summer heat sooner or later for at least a while yet.)

EDIT: It's going to be a very weird year to sum it up. Could be worse still next year depending on how long this sticks around too much as I'm not a outright pessimist I do still lean into being a realist and unfortunately that's not all that optimistic for the outlook going by the current developments.

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    stfu hemi and go away you pissant
    trumpswabs ?ck
    everyone here knows you have tds go get laid you might feel better
    I tried to be nice but your a demwit
    I was being new cowie but you deserve the old one
    political demtard
    what every post you have to start getting political? step away awhile
    if you cant see that the medical industry in this country sucks ballz then you are blind
    it is not just 1 or 2 but most

sykozis and angelgraves13 like this.
  9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    he screws up most threads he posts in
    he never got the belt across his azz when younger
    spouts crap like a 20 something know it all but claims to be old ha ha

sykozis and angelgraves13 like this.
  10. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    IT is sooo hard to keep it simple and civil folks?
    Really, really?
    Does it even occur to you all that this thread are read worldwide and by a huge audience?
    And with this, this is how you present to the world, with those childish ramblings and fussing around bickering about being"right"?
    Take a grip of your reality and realised that this is the internet. Whatever folks, whatever.
    Just remember, this forum is what we make of it. Is this how and what you make of it?

AsiJu likes this.

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Wearing a mask doesn't really do much for the wearer (unless we are talking about some really expensive stuff that obviously no normal people wears). If you are sick then wear one by all means - it helps if you happen to cough and so on. That being said, if you are sick you shouldn't be coughing in restaurants...

Here in Finland official stance is that wearing a mask is not suggested nor forced. I think that's a right move. I don't wear one and probably 99% doesn't. Just keep good hand hygiene and cough in tissue (or sleeve). Keeping a distance is not really a problem. We don't hug here nor kiss to cheek and in general we value our personal space.
    1_btZv5zEf6qXCJEo3QzLEOQ.jpg
    Same applies to restaurants.

And obviously the most effective way is to keep Swedes out. :p /s

sverek, AsiJu and angelgraves13 like this.
  12. Cockbender

Cockbender Guest

GPU:
    dunno
    Well. . . update on this, as of yesterday my Governor has now signed an executive order permitting cities to require the use of masks. . . . a little flip flop there.

13. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Slightly less work, and I'll quit the job soon so that can lead to problems finding a replacement as unemployment has gone up drastically.

14. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Makes sense, people move to big cities to work. If there no work and apartment rent is expensive, better move away and look somewhere else.

15. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Well Chicago was closed down for 3 months so I missed out on 90 days of training but I managed to score some free weights and have been doing pull-ups in the park near my house. 2 weeks ago the gyms opend up again and things are looking up again iam at 215 Pounds and going up!
    My kids have missed-out in school but after asking them if they miss it the answer was No,They are much happier and overall healtier being home, We might just home school them seriously.

Other then that I hope all of you stay healthy and this damm thing passes as soon as possible cause living life in fear is not living at all! .....Peace.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    "it's stupid to require masks to enter the restaurant" You asked.

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

You're already wearing it or should be when you enter the restaurant. Own your own comments instead of now, all of a sudden, acting like you're VERY ANGRY and hate me just because I QUOTED YOU. I sincerely apologize for pissing you off by calmly QUOTING you. Lastly, please do not send me any more creepy messages, kinda stalker ish.

18. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    @angelgraves13 @HeavyHemi

This is literally going to be the very last warning both of you get.

I do not care who started it, I do not care who pushed it more, I don't care who said what, I only care that you two both stop. This is the very last straw. I am not going to go into every thread about covid just to see you two aruging over the dumbest things.

If you don't like what anyone says, ignore it. Don't respond. Just actually send a report.

sykozis, cowie and angelgraves13 like this.
  19. Yeah I moved away from Manhattan because of rent in end of May/June 1st 2018. Lived on 7th st and Avenue C, great spot but after getting laid off after Time Inc. was bought out by Meredith corporation it's ... eehh a lot of work to recover fast. Was just easier to come to Arizona. Cheap cost of living. Work isn't necessarily better; worse in fact but I can focus on school and not pay rent that is a couple grand ya kno

Dude that's freakin awesome - I'm like 190; ordered some equipment for the house, started taking advantage of my pool (right have a pool I haven't been using what a dumbass) and yeah I need to just cut back on body fat percentage much as possible now.. going to tone more than bulk

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2020
  20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Well, if everyone just ignored what they disagreed with and didn't reply, there would not be a DISCUSSION forum. Seems to me the problem is there a lot of 'there's good people on both sides' going on here and clearly one side is pushing the envelope and the other, is pushing to seal the envelope back up. We do not need these folks sneaking their politics and political agit prop under the guise of discussion. For keerist sake, they are arguing against the science of using masks for what? No legitimate reason at all. Convince me there is one and I'll agree with you. If not, I cannot agree and think you're wrong. My opinion of course that I feel need to be stated publicly.
    Lastly, I've dismissed what's his name as a troll. He's deserves zero more of my time. That issue is resolved.