Ghost of Tsushima

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Oct 30, 2017.

1. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I tested it myself and saw no issue. Might be in later stages of the game, but since Im playing in english I doubt I will see it in later areas. Too lazy ;)

2. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    https://kotaku.com/ghost-of-tsushima-devs-slowed-down-load-times-so-you-co-1844409624

3. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    The performance on the pro is good. So far my ps4 os quiet in demanding scenarios.

Game is really beautiful I must say. Combat feels solid and the OST is very good.

Overall this is really a great game so far.

@milamber thanks for the source. Still didn't notice a delay myself *shrug*

4. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    This is by far one of the most minimilstic games I have played which has a relatively bare UI. Its all about eye candy in this game.

5. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Since you have the game, can you tell me if its possible to rebind the button layout?
    I checked the controls for the game on its wiki https://ghostoftsushima.fandom.com/wiki/Controls
    And possibly switch the R1 & L1 functions.

6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Thanks, I took a bunch of screenshots from the review video of onscreen stuff I hated:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    And according to Driftwood of Gamersyde the "Expert HUD" option removes everything I don't like beside the trail on a sword swing which hopefully isn't so noticeable when actually playing.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @TaskMaster

more concerned if I gona like the combat or not, if anything like sekiro i probably wont, and the fact it runs 30 fps, I can say this if I got sekiro for console I would sold it, any game counter/react type of gameplay combat does not work for me at 30 fps, Nioh and Nioh 2 are unplayable in movie mode aka 30fps

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I'm awaiting a giveaway , if i dont win ill wait till ps5 i think.

@tsunami231 If you like japanese culture/history and like the samurai stuff (which i know you DO!) , you are obligated to yourself to get the game.
    from what i have seen, It is pretty much amazing.
    You could however also wait until the PS5 arrives. no loud fan noises, and it may run better (higher resolution even ?). and it will be cheaper then.

9. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    The combat is solid and not as hard as sekiro. It plays more like the witcher to be honest.

10. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    No, no option to rebind im afraid. The layout as is, is fine for me.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This is a really superb game IMO.

First impressions were okay but this is a game that gets better the more you play it, especially once you get past the annoying exploration restrictions during the first two hours of what are basically tutorials where you are forced along a very linear path. Wander even slightly off-track here to try pick up collectibles and a timer pops up telling to get back on track... or else!

Looks gorgeous and sound just as good, the combat is punishing at first as I treated it as a button basher rather than using the mechanics taught. Yeah, my fault, I know, but I died a lot until I learn how to play properly. Then it started to become fun and with the exploration which feels very Assassin's Creed Origins/Odyssey, including the same climbing mechanic, that adds to the pull as there is always something to see. This is Assassin's Creed: Samurai essentially. Golden birds and foxes also serve as distractions on-route to wherever you choose to go as do enemy encampments and occupied villages.

It is all very derivative, I suppose, but it is very well put together and combined with the historical setting and interesting story/characters manages to all come together into one very nice entertaining package. So far, some 6-7 hours in, I would say this is better than The Last of Us Part 2 but perhaps not quite up there will my Game of 2020 so far which is Final Fantasy VII Remake. It is close though so far and maybe by the end I'll have changed my mind?

Highly recommended to those who enjoy action adventure games, something the PS4 does very well.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Witcher and witcher 2 play different. I assuming witcher 3 plays the same as witcher 2 ( talking pc here with controler which witcher was mouse and keyboard with 2 diffrent camera modes) I have yet to beat witcher 2 so i have no even installed or starte witcher 3

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    PC when?

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Why ?

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

cause on pc we could get our 60 fps and not this 30 fps trash?

LocoDiceGR likes this.

16. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    See Death Stranding now fully updated. It's a bless with DLSS 2.0. Best PC on the market can run this game 8K 60fps.

The same could happen with Ghost of Tsushima. Console exclusives should die sooner or later. God of War and TLOU, I am watching you.

17. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I meant the Witcher 3, but now that I think of it the combat feels more like middle earth shadow of war.

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    And because i dont have a console! :D

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    just as good I liked Shadow of war and Shadow of Mordor finished Mordor but never finished war. I just have to may game to actual beat I spend most time still playing skyrim and nioh and now nioh2 I use to pick on my uncle as to why he plays return to castle wolfenstin so much when and alot other 20 year old games I sure I put in more hours into skyrim and nioh and now nioh2. when you enjoy a game you enjoying and 1000's of hours in said game is nothin, I have friend that show something like 3000 hours put in to witcher 3 and I have yet to touch it :rolleyes:

I think my HOPE of console finaly getting off this 30 fps crap and final give us 60 fps @ 1080p as min still isnt gona happen. at lest the dev like ninja theroy and few others made the step to giving use the option of have 60 fps at the expense if higher resolutions, which I perfectly fine so long as it not sitting a res of of 720p most the time which shouldn't be thing if game are optimized.

Console have the power to run 1080p 60fps with current gen but was rarely done, and no one that ever seen 30fps vs 60fps will argue that 60 way to go for smoothness in gameplay

30fps only "good" if game has zero frampacing issue and camera rotation in 3d games dont operate in way they look like the studdering. which still rare for both those thing to happen so as 30 fps is "good"

But hey I can hope. 60fps option becomes more widely used, If i cant run 60 fps on PC with resolution like 4k stable or it cant stay between 55-60 i dont run period cause below that is almost as bad as 30fps is to vs 60 me.

I really want to see demo of Ghost maybe sony will will trial for it at somepoint hell maybe the devs will add 60 fps mode which imo the game would benefit greatly from it

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Personally i dont think Sony will release any more console games. They will only release horizon zero dawn. and death stranding was kojima's game.
    These are just teasers to get people to buy playstations , nothing more.

For PC, its pretty sad. 4k is not a common thing, while on console its pushed because most Tv's from the last 5 years or so are all 4k tv's.
    You can blame Nvidia and AMD for milking video cards, and not releasing the tech to be able to run 4k with highest settings. (minus some gpu heavy settings enabled).
    PC games always used to be about resolution.

It is not the consoles that hold PC gaming back, It is Nvidia and AMD that are holding gaming back. PC should be at 12k resolution now imho! I cant see that happening any time soon. spend $5000 on gpus to run 8k ?? is that the direction we are going to ? i think we are.

Sorry about my rant, but its ****** on PC atm.

itpro likes this.