Valorant - Character Based Tactical Shooter by Riot Games

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Oct 16, 2019.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Deep inside i was really angry that something will eventually replace cs go as the best tactical shooter, but cs go competitive has been a plague with cheaters in the last 3 or 4 years, dust 2 map is just a place where suddenly a team of noobs which are losing suddenly start aiming and having HS kills with one taps...it really has become tedious and i haven t touched MM on cs go for at least 6 months because how the game is infected , so i donnt mind if valorant has an effective anti cheat app to make it a decent MM experience although i found the abilities to be a bit too scifi for my taste but i d rather play a tactical shooter which has no cheaters at the moment than playing atrocity which is cs go

XenthorX likes this.
  2. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Valorant’s anti-cheat won’t automatically shut down your keyboard and mouse anymore
    https://www.polygon.com/2020/5/8/21251931/valorant-anti-cheat-vanguard-automatically-close-drivers

Riot has released a hotfix to stop Vanguard from blocking drivers
    https://www.ginx.tv/en/valorant/valorant-vanguard-hotfix-mouse-keyboard-input-device-driver

Good fix, so that does not stop you logging in to your computer anymore.

"Others were reporting that some other programs and features were disabled, like fan control, system monitors, and even some BIOS settings, etc. The worst part is that this was all done silently, without notifying players."

Has this stopped cheaters? Ofc not.

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    ^ Is the above post a bot? It's a copy of @XenthorX 's post from page 1.

EDIT: A mod clearly thought so. ZE POST HAZ BEEN PURGED.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    XenthorX likes this.
  4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    What the hell is going on here lol.

Failed quote? At least it replaced the original $$$ by money, might be a sentient bot, or maybe we're all bots :eek::eek:

emperorsfist likes this.

5. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    No, @XenthorX , YOU are the bots.

XenthorX likes this.
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Looks like it has been dealt with.

XenthorX likes this.
  7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    what s your review guys of this game yet? for me i find it kinda boring i don t know why, the map design isn t really very interesting, it feels more like a cs go variant while trying hard to imitate..

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I'm not a big CS:GO fan which clearly was the main reference material for this game.

It plays well, looks good, just not my type.

signex and ramthegamer like this.
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

*edit*

Well at least now we know why this "game" truly exists.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    signex and cerebus23 like this.
  10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

I have a funny feeling you are going to edit your comment in a few days to include a link to a gambling website, if not, ignore this and welcome to Guru3D

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.

11. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Seems a bit odd to sign up for an account just to state this.

12. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    well this model works these days. the current generation is more interested in clothing\looks\Instagram\amount of profile views\
    more than everything else. i can see it all around me, including my nephews. so what's the difference in video games ?
    they play, they want those skins and the special looking guns\clothing. Epic is doing multi millions with Fortnite from it.
    i know im just stating the obvious here.. but it is what is it. they know their audience and i can't blame them.

13. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    It just sucks if you want something else...

Kolt and fantaskarsef like this.
  14. If the current generation (whatever it is) is only interested in playing competitive games and spending 200 dollars on weapon skins... then I have to ask who the hell is raising these kids? I was always raised to have same respect for money and to use them wisely. Now, even though I have enough, I wouldn't even consider spending 10USD on some in-game skin. So who is to blame? Is it the evil companies, is it the current generation of youngsters or is it our generation, who forgot to teach them the correct values?

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I got annoyed at what they were doing in Battlefield 4 and those are just in the game unlocks that you get by playing the game.

How people can waste money on a different character / weapon model for the price of a full video game is beyond me, to this day I'm still disgusted at Horse Armor in Oblivion.

The most money for the least amount of effort is what a lot of these types of games are built to do.

16. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    well it is a problem. of course not all of those young's are like that, but it's a generational thing, that's what
    i see all around me. I'm in my early 30's and i was never like that, nor do my friends. so its not surprising
    that entertainment companies are using whatever we name it to make profits. i can't blame the companies, i just don't see one good
    reason to be mad at it. as you stated - if someone "forgets" to teach them the value of the green paper, and sometimes even
    basic values in life .. it only makes my point more valid that those companies are just being companies, and it's not
    my business to tell them how pathetic it is to sell a dragon skin at 90$. there is a difference between false marketing
    such as FO76 case, or W3 Reforged case. Valorant's case is legit.. and that's why as much as i respect Angry Joe,
    i don't feel his video in this case.

just to be clear - i dislike the game as a game. its like CS with animated skins, not even
    close in my eyes to competitive games like TF2 for example.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT