Watch Dogs Legion

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 4, 2019.

1. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Well, all I can say is that the voice acting is horrible for a AAA 202X game... Completely off-putting.

ramthegamer and angelgraves13 like this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yeah medium 1080p is for playing, right?

3. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    RTX is BS, in the heat of the action you cant tell the difference anyway but you lose 30% fps. No thx.

ramthegamer likes this.
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    He s just being ironic about it mate lol

5. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    Apparently it's AI assisted voice acting. They couldn't get a voice actor for the hundreds of different people you can play as.

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Yeah, the game changes the voice tone up or down somewhat to simulate different speakers. Might sound a bit muffled at times, like somebody has a cold. xD still better than just have 10 voice actors for whole of London i say

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    While this is off putting however the main concern is the performance....in no way im gonna buy a 3000 card just to satisfy ubishits inability to make good optimizations no freakin way

8. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I thought this was GTA London for a second. Was flabbergasted! Then saw that it was from Ubershite... Sigh... And needing a $1200 USD GPU for 1080p @30 FPS... double sigh

Decisions...

ramthegamer likes this.
  9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Toggle the RTX reflections off and see if Ubi implemented that DLSS2 tech and if so you can probably run the game comfortably at psuedo-1080 to 2160p without the need for the higher-end tier of the NVIDIA 3000 series hardware.
    Fancy as they are if a single setting can halve performance that's the one that gets toggled off first. :D

EDIT: Psuedo as it's upscaled but from what info I can find it does a really good job at it plus it's stable in motion thus less need for TAA and there's some sharpening possible as well just don't overdo it or combine some in-game sharpen stuff unless you like the look of that ha ha.

Seeing that it's easier to implement than I was expecting (Depth buffer and some vector data I think is what I found as being needed only?) a further update to where it could be driver side entirely would be a pretty big win for NVIDIA if at all possible, pretty much impossible to compete with performance wise is a huge thing while looking really close to native resolution plus the whole temporal stability and lessening the need for AA or just using DLSS at a higher than native resolution while still having a solid performance benefit. :)

For now though just a half dozen or so games and likely no chance of the older DLSS titles getting further updates at this point although that would be really nice to have them updated to the newest version of this tech.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  10. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Well, too bad that it makes them all sound like complete imbeciles who try to put on "funny" accents.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What are the chances it's actually like playing Skyrim where you hear the same few voice actors for different characters.

12. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    And still the characters in Skyrim, a 9 year old game, sound less idiotic then here.

13. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I'm just starting WD2 for the first time and waw! does it look good. (my first demanding pc game i've played in years)
    Can't imagine how demanding /good looking WD3 will be.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Wd2 was never demanding, i played it on a gtx 970 and it was achieving way above 80 fps at 1080p

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The extended view distance option tanked performance on most systems, I can imagine MSAA would be a framerate ender too although that's probably just there for the game to actually have for TXAA as it's costly and ineffective on it's own for more modern game engines and graphical features.

Extended view distance up to 50% worked fairly well though, above that it probably goes too hard on what DirectX 11 can handle although it may have worked better on NVIDIA.
    (Or the game in general might just under perform on AMD.)

Think it also featured HBAO+ and performance heavy PCSS+ along with the even more performance heavy but better HFTS(?) improved shadows but only on newer NVIDIA GPU's as that's a hardware thing.
    Really pretty game though, ray traced reflections on a city area plus the games water effects would have been neat so I guess that's what Legion brings as one of the primary graphical updates on supported hardware.

EDIT: Wonder if the story will be less weird and up and down in this one too, first game being all bleak and dark and then the second game is *more* bleak and dark but also more goofy as Marcus and DeadSec vary things up with trolling...in between some of the weirdest things I've seen put in a video game other than South Park Stick of Truth still passing rating and getting released. :p
    (I can tell it's probably going to be goofy again if nothing else.)

EDIT: Although I suppose that might just be modern games and not taking as much chances anymore and experimenting plus once you show a little bit of the nudity or get a bit more creative with violent content besides red decals that's a Mature/18 rating and you don't get much leeway until it's in AO territory and the bigger corporations and stores refuse to carry the title. :D
    (Well the indie scene is attempting it a bit but there's also a lot of copying what does stick and is successful until the next big thing rolls around and that gets copied instead.)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    1 person likes this.

16. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Crank the candy up boy!

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    It was on high settings bro...ez cake

DannyD likes this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The only problem with Watch Dogs 2 is that it's a bad game.....

But that is of course just my opinion xD

XenthorX and cerebus23 like this.
  19. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    The driving is fun, more fun than gta5, that's about all i've done as yet.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I've tried to get into it twice now, the first time at release I couldn't get past the idiotic introduction party with all the idiotic trope characters that made me just alt+F4 it, and then the second time which was a few weeks ago.. funnily enough you even mentioned it, was how bad I thought the driving was....

The first game I really enjoyed, mostly because of the main character and story *shrug* Different strokes I guess.