VPN Recomendations

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by pegasus1, Dec 29, 2017.

1. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I need a VPN just for this weekend, its to access something i pay for back in the UK but sods law im not back from overseas.

So i need a free trial or free VPN, i tried CyberGhost 6 but for whatever reason it refuses to run on my W10 Lappy, even spent an hour running through the troubleshooting guide.

Cheers in advance, it will mean my wife doesn't have to sit in front of the TV this weekend pointing her phone at the screen at 0600 ;)

2. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    I like VPN unlimited. It got a 7 day trial.
    One of the few that have a lifetime subscription for a reasonable price and good speed (enough for me, get 50 mbit+). you can have 5 clients at once. (even got a few torrent allowed servers around the world)
    https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/en

pegasus1 likes this.
  3. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
  4. Neil_Hines

Neil_Hines Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 520M
    I will never prefer you for the free VPN because free VPN only can access you to the unblock sites but it will never secure your online activities and privacy. I will only refer you to use paid VPN which can access you restriction sites anonymously, secure your online privacy and also don't compromise your internet speed. Here you will get the guidance about the best VPN service. I will recommend you to use ExpressVPN which can give you 30 days money back guaranty.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I use IPVanish and it works well enough. The only issues are that it's not the cheapest, and download speed are a good bit slower. Not that it's slow, just in comparison to when it's disabled.

I would check first that what you want to access is ok with a VPN being used, as Netflix doesn't work with IPVanish.

I might also have a switching to ExpressVPN, think i only picked IPVanish due the amount of money they had spend on ads on Kodi sites...

pegasus1 likes this.
  6. godknowswhy

godknowswhy Guest

GPU:
    All sorts
    Bit late for OP but... Windscribe.

pegasus1 likes this.
  7. Arshad Hussain

Arshad Hussain Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6850
    Go for Pure VPN. I have been using this for quite a while and it is not troubling me with anything.
    https://goo.gl/p8S98w

Redemption80 likes this.
  8. EnthusiastX

EnthusiastX Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    ProtonVPN is way too slow (for media streaming anyway). NordVPN is OK, but it only allows up to 6 devices. If you have more than 6 devices, NordVPN honors its limitations much better than it honors its reliability...

9. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
  10. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    "For a weekend" = 12/2017 - 07/2020.

You guys party hard, right? :D

Deleted member 213629 likes this.

11. Good holy lord of necro balls!

386SX and pimpernell like this.
  12. MiltonRose

MiltonRose Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Superr 8GB
    It is enough for such a task just to use the test version of any paid VPN. If such a need remains, then you will already know about other chrome extension vpn.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  13. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I like torguard, been reliable for me so far. I cancelled for awhile and they offered a big discount, so have been using them since.

14. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil