Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by metagamer, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    As a huge fan of FS back in the early days I’m really pleased to see them releasing a new version. This one does look incredible.

2. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    More mind blowing details
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    holy, they are rendering aircrafts down to single nuts and bolts.
    this is going to make pc's cringe, I'm afraid.

Bond!JamesBond! likes this.
  4. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Good take, this one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020

5. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    what blows me away is how good things like trees look at ground level, it's amazing at 10,000 feet and at 10 feet.

sick detail
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  6. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    that's a really beautiful bird
    [​IMG]

7. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
  8. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    £109 quid for the top end 'Premium Deluxe' version that's pretty mind blowing.

£59 for the entry 'Standard' and
    £79 for the mid range 'Deluxe'

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  9. That's not terrible considering all of the development work that does into a freaking flight simulator (this one esp) I mean this is comparative to a pro flight sim if a consumer one ever was. This is night and day vs Flight Sim X. MS knows it and they'll price top dollar & people will be happy to pay. First time in a long time.

HandR and The Laughing Ma like this.
  10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    As a former simmer I know just how expensive some of these Sims can get especially when you start throwing in all the addons. So yeah £109 for 30 or is it 40 aircraft is not a bad deal, however for the average folk that are used to maybe buying games at £50 - £60 brand new £109 is a damn big number for a game and that's before having to add another £100 for a decent joystick.

By the way I am buying the game, I will buy the Premium Deluxe and I am going to have to get a new joystick but I am holding off to see reviews on performance first.

11. Enjoyed the beta/alpha - I'll likely cash in on the full release. It's been a while since I purchased a game (AC:O?) so sure! Got lucky with my joystick support & I am sorry to hear you have to get a new one that is indeed a bummer, I have broken mine in so the last thing I want is to swap :rolleyes::cool:

Yeah performance reviews... I am wondering ... eh it probably got some good console attention but the sim community is good amongst PC users so hopefully the beta had a lot of us...

I was wondering if the XBOX ONE's 4K trailer was rendered not on a XBONE but rather the XBOX Series X? It just looked so photorealistic. Has to be Microsoft's most visually impressive launch since Halo 2

12. The current situation doesn't seem to be very bright tbh:

1. MS Store exclusive
    2. Windows 10 May 2019 is minimum supported OS version
    3. Offers In-App purchases
    4. And ideally 20-50mbps internet connection

With such a high bandwidth requirements, I'm wondering if MS will be able to fulfill the bandwidth requirements for all of their players, especially in the first weeks after release. But hey, they killed off Mixer, so they might have some spare bandwidth :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2020
  13. Looks like RTX3080/RDNA2 and some next-gen CPU will be required for Ultra 4K@60

14. And a little showcase of planes and airports... I'm going to start with Cessna 172 at EDDF Germany!

Also a bit of disappointing news:
    "Every single airport in the world can be seen, but only a handful will allow you to takeoff and land."

15. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Pre load is up on gamepass

EDIT

Well, it was. Now it and the ad on gamepass homepage are gone.

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    The build he tested was DX11, so I'm sure that impacted the CPU utilization in a negative manner. The DX12 version should address the CPU performance. Don't know whether it will be available at launch though.

17. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    I'm going to fly the heck out of the Flight Design CTSL, SR22, and Virus SW 121.

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Pro order via gamepass is still on the W10 store app, it even offers a "play now" to tease you, but then smacks your wrist and tells you that you are too early, but it has gone from the browser version of the store.

19. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
  20. Anyone able to weigh in on current performance? Haven't accessed since the alpha days... not even aware if anything is still accessible anymore.