InWin Launches SR24 and SR36 All-In-One (AIO) CPU Liquid Coolers

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Seems at least partially be identical to Alphacool stuff (mount etc),
    and even that i like the idea of a backup pump, the thin plastic connecting the hoses to rad/block
    are identical with lots of other AIO coolers, and flimsy compared to what others offer (corsair/ek/alphacool).

patteSatan likes this.
  3. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    i have 3 rads around, and i m loooking for a one device that works as pump, waterblock and reservoir so that i can go back to watercooling.
    Any advice?

4. vMax1965

vMax1965 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Gaming

5. vMax1965

vMax1965 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Gaming
  6. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Not with more than one rad, maybe 2 if less restrictive.
    If you do get the Eisbar, add another res before the block. makes filling/flushing much easier and quicker.

vMax1965 and patteSatan like this.
  7. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
    Looks like an alphacool thing, made cheaper, and with higher pricetag.

IWIN makes very good cases, they should stay i that genre.

8. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    pump part maybe, but connectors etc are more likely asetek design.
    same flimsy plastic that the msi seahawk has (converted cpu cooler). mine did not even survive shipping..

9. PcGerbil

PcGerbil Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti FE
    For the high price, this AIO looks pretty cheap in construction and build quality. If you look across the internets at the few builds and reviews that show these AIOs, the two tubes coming from opposite sides of the pump really ruin any possibility of neat and tidy cable management. In every single build that I have seen, one or both of the tubes wiggle across the fancy RGB RAM being used, regardless of whether the radiator is mounted on top or in front, giving your PC a "bad hair day" look of messiness. With all other AIOs where both tubes come from just one side of the pump, you can at least neatly tie the tubes together and curve them above or below your RAM to make it look tidy.

I have also learned to never trust InWin's fan specs on their published airflow, air pressure, and fan noise specs. Unfortunately, no tech reviewer can precisely measure airflow and air pressure, and there is no standard defintion for how fan noise is measured, so every company does it differently. Noctua, the king of fans, measures fan noise at 1-meter distance in an anechoic chamber. InWin's AIO states "23 dBA (normal)" for fan noise, but if you watch the few YouTube videos on this AIO, those fans sound at least 35 dBA loud (and probably at least 40 dBA)! So InWin plays games with their specs - their airflow and air pressure are likely measured based on the maximum 2500 RPM fan speed and then their "23 dBA (normal)" is very likely measured at around 1200 or 1500 RPM fan speed. All other fan companies based their fan noise on the MAXIMUM noise at maximum fan speed. Someone asked InWin's posted YouTube video to provide this AIO to Gamers Nexus for a teardown review and InWin said, several months ago, that they have sent their AIO to Gamers Nexus. But that is also a lie. For years now, InWin has never provided any samples of non-chassis products to the detailed Western reviewers like Gamers Nexust >:-( There are some "reviews" of the InWin AIO on Taiwan review sites, but those are fake shills and nothing more than affiliated marketing for InWin.