NVIDIA GeForce 451.67 WHQL Drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by SyntaX, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Obsidian_Oasis

Obsidian_Oasis Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070s
    Sheesh! I really do need my coffee. I'm thinking he were referring to a scene in F1 2020 and he's actually referring to the actually Wreckfast - a derby-style racing game.

Drowning in coffee now..

Thanks, brotha.

2. Volteron

Volteron Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    It was working perfect, I don't care what you believe.

XantaX likes this.
  3. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Nvidia GTX
    Since I am also having stuttering and strange fps drops with previous driver, can you please explain it to beginners like me how to do it? :) Thank you!

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It's not a belief, its reality.

DX12 and Vulkan don't have compatibility profiles and cannot be hacked into using 2 cards.

Import with nvidia profile inspector
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/247515315825672203/731126657288503396/Forza_Motorsport_7.nip

RodroG and Pr3t3nd3r like this.

5. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Nvidia GTX
  6. Volteron

Volteron Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti sli
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    complete and utter delusion,

only the game developer controls whether mgpu is used or not.

the DX12 SLI control is just an on/off toggle nvidia has implemented to turn MGPU on and off for specific titles, like 0x20247E01 controls vulkan's mgpu support.

8. Volteron

Volteron Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    I had to reinstall older drivers when it worked, but I agree delusion is a powerful thing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    theoneofgod likes this.
  9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    FidelityFX is only available within the Anti-Aliasing settting combined with TAA and is not a separate option on its own.

The AA settings in F1 2020 are:

Off
    CMAA
    TAA Checkerboard
    TAA
    TAA with FidelityFX Upscaling (this seems to be bugged on my system resulting in a game that looks, to me anyway, like it is running at 1280x720 when the resolution is 2560x1440!)
    TAA with FidelityFX Sharpening

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Which means it can be turned off as I asked, the two setting TAA Checkerboard and TAA do just that. :) Have you tried to use either of those plus NVCP sharpening and GPU scaling?

11. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    Thanks for responding. If you need anything from me to be able to reproduce it or any information about my system, please let me know. I have the crash dump produced by the RAGE 2 Crash Reporter Tool.

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Isn't that what upscaling does?

Probably 2x2 (~4X) so 1280x720 to 2560x1440

FidelityFX being AMD CAS and sharpening with sharpening that can upscale but it's still upscaling not a reconstruction like DLSS and especially DLSS 2.0 which is very high quality. :)
    Death Stranding seems to have made people confused on that as well tying in AMD FX / CAS into AA with DLSS so some users somehow reported it being higher quality which it's not it's just sharpened and noise can't really beat reconstruction ha ha.

EDIT: So basically 1280x720 scaled up to 2560x1440 through simple bilinear.
    Not downsampling and not reconstruction like DLSS matching a higher resolution (Generally 4k) with 3x different quality presets and varying resolutions and performance costs it scales from. :)

Plus sharpening such as AMD Contrast Adaptive Sharpen here.
    (Which sharpens the image and while it can do upscale sharpening it's not the same it's image sharpening.)

Complicating the explanation aside you have a 1280x720 display resolution (To call it that.) that is scaled up and sharpened, it likely doesn't look very good but it has sharpening. :D
    (Probably avoid it unless you need the performance here, you have a lower res display mode with some sharpness on it.)

EDIT: Hmm on DLSS I wonder if a community contributed model could be a thing for future revisions, toggle it on toggle on some option to provide anonymous data samples and build a training model over time covering the bigger popular releases and over time a lot more support for it overall.

Opt-in as a thing though can't really collect as the default after all so that'd be a limiting factor though it'd be a interesting idea for extending support even if it can't match developer implemented sample sizes and training models and algorithms especially early on before getting good enough coverage and testing from a large sample size.

Data logistics and such for that matter it can't really build a reconstruction from nothing after all or at least not very good nor can it work as a global toggle due to reliance on these for how it works.

Will be interesting to see what's next here, ease of usage and developer implementation improvements I suppose seeing it adapted in more games and game engines and growing from that especially with the current range of improvements.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  13. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    Best driver in a very long time for me, no crashes finally in MW even with hags on smooth as silk. On latest fast ring.

jbscotchman and HoWxCoRe like this.
  14. HoWxCoRe

HoWxCoRe Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW ULTRA
    Great work guys, great smooth driver so far. Just waiting for that secondary monitor video fix with hags on then it will truly be golden

jbscotchman likes this.
  15. Wow we have some solid fixes in this release - I'm going to update to this soon as!

jbscotchman and eGGroLLiO like this.

16. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Is it possible that this is not only related to multi monitor setups?
    With HAGS On + CUDA Task in the Background + Single Monitor Setup, I get random application freezes.

17. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Go ahead.

18. HoWxCoRe

HoWxCoRe Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW ULTRA
    It's entirely possible as theirs hundreds of thousands of different GPU, CPU and monitor configurations with a Nvidia graphic card, it all depends on how well you report the issue and if nvidia can reproduce the issue.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Any Destiny2 players? How's this one compared to older official 451?

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

Compute is not compatible with HAGS on either vendor atm.

The cpu must have control over the scheduling of compute tasks

RodroG and JonasBeckman like this.