451.67 WHQL Clean Version

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Exostenza, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I made this for myself and thought I would share as it looks like cryohellinc is running behind.

This should work perfectly for RTX and GTX cards.

This is the standard driver not DCH. My understanding is that you can install this if you already have DCH and it will continue to be so.

Enjoy

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    dec72, cryohellinc and mapnam charun like this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Just a PSA: there are performance issues linked to these clean packages as a result of certain binaries being removed, nvidia are not obligated to look into such reports caused by user interference.

3. alpha2beta

alpha2beta Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 3080
    I was not aware of this, care to show what performance problems have occurred.

theoneofgod likes this.
  4. notinterestinq

notinterestinq Member

GPU:
    Never had a issue. Care to elaborate?

5. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Definitely have never had an issue. Always have had at least as good if not better performance.

mapnam charun likes this.
  6. yobooh

yobooh Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Is there any prove to this? :mad:

7. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Just ignore it...

-Tj- and insp1re2600 like this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/n...iver-clean-edition.432624/page-3#post-5802328

you won't get any performance difference what so ever from anything you remove, but if your removing stuff does affect performance its going to be negative and it won't be a legitimate install for you to submit feedback about.

9. notinterestinq

notinterestinq Member

GPU:
    The only difference is that I don't have a bunch of unneeded processes from nvidia running. I never expected to get better performance just less useless bloat.

That person has some other issue. You even say right under it that it's the same driver it can't perform differently.

So what is it now? Can you decide?

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I did say that, but I also know that certain libraries when missing cause parts of the driver to sit there spinning cycles so i've since thought better of my stance on it.

11. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I also don't understand the demand for these Clean versions when it can be done yourself. There's an app right here on Guru3D that can do it, and it's very easy to use.

12. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700
    i may be wrong but i think its no longer fully compatible with changed files structure of these new drivers (some components)

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Sounds like something that monitoring might be able to help shed some idea about if just running process monitor against some of the running processes from the NVIDIA drivers would indicate a lot of attempts to get to certain services or other removed bits and if that continues which burns a few CPU cycles if it doesn't ever abort it's attempts to do so although unless there's a ton of calls and attempts for this then the performance impact shouldn't be that big.

Shouldn't be and what it actually is are different things though, good to be aware about from how it sounds like and there could be other ways to have the system or the drivers act up besides trying to find missing files or links to various services that are either not running or removed.

14. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    The nVslimmer utility no longer works afaik as the folder structure of the drivers has changed. Also, when I used to make clean drivers I had a lot of feedback saying that they liked the smaller download size as some people have slow internet and/or caps. When it comes down to it there is a demand so I am trying to help out and if you aren't interested in it then what are you doing in this thread? Legitimately being matter of fact here not trying to be rude.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nvslimmer has been updated as of 2020/06/27

Exostenza likes this.

16. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Manually deleting the unnecessary stuff takes 1 minute or so and you have to "learn" the process just once. Cmon, people...

17. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Good to know!

18. PetritH

PetritH Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XT
    Anyway I can use GFE Filters with these drivers? I like them but not being able to use filters its kinda dealbreaker for me.

Appreciate your work.

19. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    GFE can be installed separately.

PetritH likes this.
  20. PetritH

PetritH Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XT
    Yeah, but filters won't work, I think Ansel is missing from the drivers.