Rumor: Pricing and specs for upcoming GeForce RTX 3070 Ti and RTX 3070?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    In model number GA104-400, "GA" stands for "Ampere"? "GeForceAmpere"?

3. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    not sure that 3070 comparable to 2080super is a worth upgrade for who is on a 2070 right now. Is it?

4. FrostNixon

FrostNixon Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    So 3070Ti is 500 which would bring the others to 700 and 900 the very least.

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn
    Isn't it supposed to be the other way around - 3070 would have a performance of 2080, meanwhile, 3070 Ti would have the performance of 2080 Super?

FranciscoCL likes this.
  6. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070Ti TUF
    But But... The prices are only as high due to the miner craze. Next excuse for a $500 midrange GPU, please?

Fediuld likes this.
  7. Yosif Videlov

Yosif Videlov Active Member

GPU:
    Palit RTX 4080 16GB
    Yeah typical NVidia generational leap... Bah boring.. Will keep my 2070S for another generation.

8. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    So that mean 3060 on the 300 range if those rumors are true ... I was hopping for 250ish ... We will see

9. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    If 3070 only matched 2080, wouldn't it be pretty conservative? In such a scenario the only saving grace would be the RT performance being multiple times better. I'd say that even if the 3070 shared certain numbers with 2080 (shaders, rops, etc.), it should be, hopefully, a bit faster also in the traditional rasterisation work due to IPC development and clocks.

I very much doubt prices are going to lower from the Turing levels.

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I tend to agree. Maybe the 3080TI will get a tad cheaper, but as long as AMD has it's current lineup in cards and prices, Nvidia won't really drop prices on their new cards. Midrange will stay the same, at best the top cards will get a slight reduction (like, 1100 for custom 3080TIs or something similar), that's my guess.

11. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    That's not the point, the point of my comment was that Hilbert had the cards written the other way around. How can a lowe segment card (3070) match 2080 Super, meanwhile 3070 Ti only matches 2080? Doesn't make sense, so had to be a typo.

12. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Nvidia GTX
    I believe RTX 3000 series will be more about RTX cores which means more powah :D

13. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO
    So, whenever a random person makes a guess on Twitter, it is considered as debatable topic to share on Newspapers?

...I have sources that confirm RTX3080 will have 80 RT-Cores and performance Twice as much as the RTX 2070 SUPER...

Does this count as a rumor worth being shared on the mainpage too, now?
    No offense, just saying.

14. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    No it doesn't count unless you post it on Sh!tter. ;)

I'd hope Nvidia and AMD will lower their GPU prices more this time around. Nvidia has initially complained about not selling enough 2xxx GPUs due to the high prices they set for them, let's hope they've learned from it. Maybe if there is proper competition this time, it may be better. Plus if the new consoles are as strong as rumored and potentially cheaper than originally expected, they might want to lower GPU prices as well as some people may go for a new console rather than going for a more expensive new GPU with similar performance. One has to take into consideration that people will generally have less money to spend on such things as well with the effects of the worldwide pandemic, although I doubt Nvidia cares about that.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    TalentX likes this.
  15. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    You need to post your inside intel on Twitter (god knows why that wretched place) or some other suitable site, and then get multiple hardware news websites to notice it. You need to be convincing enough to make them actually believe you just may have some connections and it's not a joke or a figment of your imagination. You think making a comment on an existing article here will achieve all that?

16. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO
    No, and I didn't intend to achieve that either. It was just some irony joke, because even so you have alle the connections etc. the whole thing, even the way how it is shared let alone the lack of not even calling out the existence of sources or the reasoning of that "guess", is just absolutely ridiculous. But hey, that's just my opinion.

17. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Price isn't going to fall unless AMD undercuts massively on their end. Best case scenario price is the same, performance moves up 20%.

18. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    If AMD competes high end, they will be just a tad cheaper, nothing else.

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Doubt the 3070 and 3070ti will launch together. The latter makes more sense to come as a refresh (like 2070s) several months later and probably to replace the 3070. Secondly, the leaker is just guessing on the Ti naming, it could just be an S card like Turing before it.

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I can debate you on that. Since there is fixed number of RT cores per SM in given architrecture, and same applies to shader cores, how many shader cores will there be?