Free To grab (almost): Watch Dogs 2 on PC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Make sure you are logged in in your epic acount. Make sure you are logged in in your uplay acount. Make sure you watch our live event. How about we download a cracked version and play the damm game without all this forced crap.

wavetrex, mohiuddin, CalculuS and 4 others like this.
  3. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Ye, its frustrating. But this is such a blatant attempt at giving an incentive to see their show, that I can't really hold it against them :p.
    I can imagine that by seeing the presentation via their launcher, they might get some decent metrics to analyse(?).

4. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    With the scandall of sexual harasment in some of their studios, and the blackrock fondation having nearly take control on them, everything that will be shown in this event could be irrelevant few hour after...

I pass.

5. Catspaw

Catspaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080/8GB
    When they are literally paying you (with a game) to watch their live event....

Let me guess, they are gonna talk after how many people "watched their live event" as a form of showing investors how good they are doing.

GSDragoon likes this.
  6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Amazing how the studios which allow SJWs to run rampant with their insanity are always the ones who turn out to be abusers/pedos.

rl66, CalculuS, toyo and 1 other person like this.
  7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Don’t forget to log in with your Uplay account anytime after Trackmania and before the end of the main show to claim a free copy of Watch Dogs 2 on PC

8. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    It's less than £8 to buy a key for this game tbh, I think I'd rather do that than jump through these hoops like a competition doggo.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    And the game isnt even that good. I would rarther play a first watch dogs or wait for a third one (it looks interesting).

Kaune likes this.
  10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I wonder how many people complain about having to do X and log in to Y to get a free game, and still rush to EGS to claim games they never even play on a semi monthly basis. :D

I will probably grab it, since I already got WD1 for free on uplay.

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    This is a series that has never interested me. Pasty white and light skinned black dudes wearing women's jeans and covering their faces while looking down at their cell phones.. No.

chr!s, mohiuddin and Angantyr like this.
  12. Ricardo

Ricardo Member Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti 4GB
    You lost me there, Ubisoft. Can't really care for any of the games that are exclusively on that store, so I'll just skip it entirely.

13. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Well let's be realistic here: are you planning to play it? Just because it's free, doesn't mean you should get it. Right now, the only game stores I have are Steam, GoG, and Battle.net (if you can really call that a store; it's mostly just a DRM).

As for cracking games with all this forced crap, I personally don't see a problem in using no-DRM cracks on games you already own. Since I have ditched Windows, there are a few games of mine that wouldn't play because they depend on a DRM to function, but, the DRMs fail to start. I bought the games and in many cases, have already beat them, so, I just take a no-DRM crack (few MB of binaries) to get them to work without their stupid launcher. Most of these games are old and haven't seen updates in years, but even if they were to update, it shouldn't be hard to use the no-DRM crack again. Steam achievements still work despite the crack.

TL;DR: you don't need to resort to full-blown piracy to play a game you already bought without the nonsense.

yasamoka likes this.
  14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Free games from the Epic Turd Store are only 3 clicks to claim; one to open the ETS client, which by default goes to the store page which has the free game right there, a 2nd to pick the game, the 3rd to "place the order", and it's done.

Meanwhile just the thought of opening Ubisoft's AIDS client and going through their bullshit while it lags and crashes makes me not want to do it, not want to play a game, not want to even use a fracking PC. Who gives a crap to do that stuff when it's faster and more convenient to pirate? Yeah, I'm not going to, especially if it involves watching one of their hollow, shitty, retarded, advertisement streams. When it comes to "this company has probably killed more people indirectly, and directly, than Hitler", Ubisoft is way up there on the list.

mohiuddin likes this.
  15. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    The first game was really good and also had a far longer story, second one is one of those follow ups that is just made because they have to.

16. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Honestly, fix your computer.

17. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    How about Ubisoft fix their dogshit instead, it has nothing to do with my computer. My relatively new, freshly installed OS, 100% torture and memory test of every variety stable, computer. Their used server hamsters always die whenever there's any real simultaneous traffic to any of their crap for starters.

18. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    If its free its for me

19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    How about you fix your computer? I'm not defending the client other that it works flawless for me. Not quite as quick opening as Steam, but no stability issue.

20. majinsnake

majinsnake Guest

GPU:
    none

Then you might like the game, Playboy: The mansion. It came out in 2005.