NVIDIA GeForce 451.48 WHQL Drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Video playback on the secondary display lags/freezes while playing a game on the primary display if Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabled [200586262]

Piwielle likes this.
  2. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    As I understnd it, activating Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling will offload the GPU scheduling from the CPU to the GPU. This means when the GPU is maxed out, the scheduling might slow down which may contribute to this behavior. The benefit is it will free up cycles from the CPU that are otherwise used for GPU scheduling. If you're severly GPU limited, it's probably a good idea to disable HAGS. If you're CPU limited, it's probably a better idea to enable it.
    It's a feature that still isn't quite fleshed out, so there will be issues with it anyway.

Gandul likes this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Co-processor from how Microsoft worded it in their blog article on how this worked if I remember the wording correctly, if it stretches back to one or two generations of GPU hardware (Turing and Pascal for NVIDIA, Navi for AMD thus far.) it's been in the works for a while and might be designed to work independently from overall GPU workload for when Microsoft felt the feature was robust enough for public usage now in Windows 10 2004 with WDDM 2.7 and what they are going to be doing with it from now.
    (Which that blog article also makes mention of.)

Still early though so yeah there are likely issues on both the OS side and the display driver side to improve and build on possibly even additional hardware improvements either immediately or for what the next stage of this will be in the future.

EDIT: Wonder if that explains some users reporting a increase in GPU temps with this enabled, although that might be more for AMD and either a early 20.5.1 integration of this feature or a early hardware implementation in the GPU that Navi20 will see refined further, not like there's going to be much on how this works I'd imagine so just speculative really.

4. Ejziponken

Ejziponken Active Member

• 451.48 Breaks HDR passthrough with madVR

Why does new drivers so often break HDR passthrough?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020

5. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Because they apply fixes/modifications to the HDR implementation, meanwhile MadVR has been pretty much dead for almost 2 years, the latest version is dated September 29, 2018.
    You can't expect old software to keep on working indefinitely with new drivers/OS versions, things change.

6. Ejziponken

Ejziponken Active Member

That dont explain why it works one version and then breaks and then works again. Also using madvr beta that I think is newer than 2018.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    MadVR is updated occasionally but yeah it's something like a beta, not sure when the next main update will be out but this gets updated every now and again.

http://madshi.net/madVRhdrMeasure113.zip

Files should be from around January 18th 2020 unless there's something newer but I think 114 just goes to a 404 for now.

8. desmonds99

desmonds99 Guest

GPU:
    When I launch a game, my nvidia freestyle keeps defaulting to off instead of using the filters I've set up previously. It doesn't happen every time, just randomly. Anyway to make the filters stay active at all times?

9. PetritH

PetritH Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XT
    This doesn't happen to me, I have filters on both GTA V and Warzone, they stick.

10. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Rarely happens to me too, no idea why but GFE/Freestyle tends to be buggy in general e.g. overlay breaking on alt-tabbing.
    Another issue I sometimes get is Reshade shaders refusing to load accompanied by parsing error but this is solved by nuking AppData\Local\Temp\NvCamera folder.

11. bombardier

bombardier Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 Phantom
    Yes, is true, but i set in madVR on hdr tab "tone map HDR using pixel shaders" and checked "output video in HDR format".
    The result is impressive! I have Qled model QE55Q90RAT.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The AC issues have the same root source and affect all AC games as well as Planetside and others that set presentation thread to very high,, it is atleast in part caused by windows 10's promotion from full screen to a windowed presentation and can be replicated on windows 7 using cheat engine or borderless window apps to force it windowed

It also manifests when trying to run a video on a second screen with FSE.

Users that disable FSO globally will not experience it without trying to run a video on a second display.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    tiliarou likes this.
  13. desmonds99

desmonds99 Guest

GPU:
    I'm using freestyle on Apex legends and Insurgency sandstorm. Not sure if it's related but they both feature easy anti cheat. Anyway I tried to reproduce the issue by launching these games and a couple of others while alt-tabbing but now they all stick. I can't find what's triggering this.

14. PetritH

PetritH Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XT
    Freestyle is working okay for me, what am I missing?

15. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Could be related in your case since you experience this behavior often, but in my case this happens in games that don't use EAC or any anticheat.
    The only anticheat issue I can think of is Shadowplay not working with Faceit Anticheat on drivers 445 and newer, which has been going on for four months now or so. Faceit says it's something that Nvidia should fix on their side but no idea if Nvidia even acknowledged this issue, haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in driver's open issues.

16. melamilk

melamilk Member

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SUPRIM X
    So I reported earlier about having hang-ups with the new driver when HAGS is enabled. Did a clean install of Windows 10 2004 and havent had any problems since then. Seems to have fixed the issue for me.

17. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Not only lumetri colors are broken in premiere pro, re:vision effects wont even render

18. Buccellati

Buccellati Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I have noticed that when I have hardware accel enabled in edge using this driver, sometimes when I put a youtube video in fullscreen, the whole pc freezes (?). I can still hear audio for quite some time, like a minute. Then nothing happens, not even a bsod.