Try out 4k 120FPS on your OLED capable TV

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by gerardfraser, Jul 6, 2020.

1. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    EDIT:I guess I should say this ,Thanks for the reply's and I know you are trying to help out and are correct. I made the video with a 2560x1440 resolution,said sharing for fun . I am wondering do you think I am trying to trick people into believing that this is actual 120Hz on a Nvidia GPU thru HDMI without a proper adaptor DP 1.4 to 2.1HDMI or proper GPU capable of such bandwidth. Also the adaptor can not do 120Hz HDR/G-sync

Internet is serious lol

4k 120 FPS over HDMI on LG TV OLED On Nvidia GPU,did not see posted here on the forum

Sharing settings for those who would like to try out 4k 120 for fun,I just grabbed the settings of the net.No Nvidia Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) needed

You will need a proper HDMI cable, not sure if Variable Refresh Rate is working or just V-sync

1.No G-sync in game unless you turn off exclusive fullscreen. Then you would lose the 120 FPS and back to 60 FPS.

2.Nvidia control panel enable G-sync and V-sync for the 120FPS

3.Setup custom resolution the same as in the video in the Nvidia control panel

4.Tested on Steam games exclusive fullscreen, may not work with XBOX Game Pass
    Games tested in video
    Shadow Of The Tomb Raider
    Sleeping Dogs
    Bioshock Remastered

Quick compare video

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Not quite 4k mate. It's basically DSR.

CyberSparky likes this.
  3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
  4. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 XC3
    I don't think he fully understands what it is he is doing. ;)

5. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Are you guys out of your mind

6. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    when you set the pixels manually, you are basically setting 1440p at 120hz to output to the display, with the mode set to 4k as reported by windows, it will render at 4k and downscale it to 1440p which is exactly what DSR does.

Dan Longman likes this.
  7. DJ5D

DJ5D Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2070S
    I have a 4K TV with my RTX 2070 Super, and I get 120Hz & 120FPS in game with BF5, but it's at 1920 x 1080. I do get 4K on my normal desktop, but its at 60Hz.