NVidia Anti-Aliasing Guide (updated)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jan 29, 2012.

1. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    The functionality doesn't exist in the driver for DX11. You have no options other than what the devs give you.

As for the functions, each number represents a function or combination of functions. If i have time i'll write a list again maybe.

2. Drift_91

Drift_91 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1660ti
    That can't be true, as I have SGSSAA working in American Truck Simulator even after they ported it to DX11. The bitmask completely changed and now it goes in the "DX1x" field in Nvidia Inspector, but it still works. Unless you're talking about Elite: Dangerous in particular, in which case I wouldn't be surprised if there's no way to force it for that game. But I can certainly say that, at least with some games, the functionality does seem to exist in DX11.

Here's the American Truck Simulator Steam forum thread about it: https://steamcommunity.com/app/270880/discussions/0/412446292755364899/?ctp=2#c1745645554520913362

3. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    There is rudimentary support for DX10, not DX11. There are not enough flags built in to achieve the same thing and the bit values =/= DX9 bit values. (In the case of 0x80000A7F it actually ticks most of the same functions that allow SGSSAA in DX8/9 but it's missing the flag to read textures from their higher resolution versions instead of lower resolution downsampled ones. Without this bit SGSSAA doesn't work a lot of times and disabling it instead usually allows MSAA support)
    The only cases of DX10+ support i've been able to get to work are enhancing games with MSAA or something there abouts.

Give me some A/B comparison shots showing it works in that game *With* the flag enabled vs with no no flag and i'll add it to the document. But unless I see direct A/B comparisons I am skeptical. The only comparisons in that thread are not matched shots and are Steam's terrible JPG compression.

I tried this flag plus some variations for example in Halo:Spartan Assault. And either it breaks rendering or causes the game to soft lock in some kind of flashing black screen on boot.
    Luckily this game has MSAA so you can easily enhance it.
    https://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/3974

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    Cave Waverider likes this.
  4. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Is it possible to force AA in Alone in the Dark (2008)?

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I would like to take this back, it's still using CMAA and it looks like cow pat.

6. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Probably.
    Try 0x000010C1

7. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Game now more blurry, but jaggies still in, strange (with 4xSGSSAA)
    [​IMG]

8. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    0x004012C1

KainXVIII likes this.
  9. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Same result :(

10. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    0x084012C1
    or maybe 0x00000041
    Some A/B comparisons would be helpful.

KainXVIII likes this.

11. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Well since it's on sale, i'll buy it and give it a try.

13. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    And then refund :D
    BTW, i was using this patch https://unknownproject.github.io/aitd5.html , maybe its preventing SGSSAA? But without this patch i can't run this game at all lol. At least DSR is working..

14. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Ok well even when I could get the game to even run. (with that patch or the other d3d9 hook)Nothing clearly worked. And it always wanted to use 1620p instead of 1080p. Menu constantly disappearing. It'd be one thing if the game worked fine at 720p out of the box. But yeesh.
    Borked game is borked.

15. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yeah, i had to edit ini file and disable Nvidia DSR to force 1080p resolution..But menu working fine for me.

16. mapnam charun

mapnam charun Member

GPU:
    GTX 550 Ti 1024 MB
    Hi,is there any aa bits for "Spintires MudRunner"?

17. AndreyRGW

AndreyRGW Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 12G
    Hello, there! Is it possible to force AA in GTA Five (dx11) or in any other dx11 game? Is it possible to enable anti-aliasing through the nvinspector in games on DirectX11?

18. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I think you could with the original Spintires but i'm not sure and I don't have any archived info on it. It may have had an issue, not sure. I feel like I remember testing it at some point.

You could try 0x004010C1

GTA5 can only be enhanced (MSAA or TXAA modes) and the quality is probably not great(along with performance issues) from what I remember others posting when they tried it.
    DX11 games you don't have any options really other than downsampling+whatever in game AA they give you.

mapnam charun likes this.
  19. AndreyRGW

AndreyRGW Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 12G
    [​IMG]
    Does this setting work at all?

20. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I've never tested it. So unknown.