Crytek to show first trailer Crysis Remastered on July 1

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 30, 2020.

1. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I actually thought the leaked trailer was fake because it looked no different to the original trailer. Then today i saw a side by side comparison of the original vs this new leaked version of the game. I was like, "This new version has less detail in the textures... wtf." :confused:

XenthorX likes this.
  2. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO
    I think this whole "leak" was intended, so they can get a sneak peak into the reaction of playerbase whether they'll notice a difference or not and if so to what extent.
    It fits perfectly to the puzzle, considering their reaction as of today on twitter.

This whole issue looks like a bad joke to me. It appears that Crytek isn't taking it even serious themselves. In Germany there is a word to describe all this: Kindergarten.

3. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Should have just called it an engine update to allow Crysis to run on modern systems without needing various workarounds to get it to run smoothly.

4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    [​IMG]

But seriously how can a remaster of a game that was the defacto go to for cutting edge graphics have a remaster that looks like it barely belongs on this generation of console?

XenthorX likes this.

5. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    The Laughing Ma and XenthorX like this.
  6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    lol wtf

XenthorX likes this.
  7. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Looks like you called it first. Either that trailer was from the Switch or PS4 (which explains the 720p), or Sony and MIcrosoft lawyers contacted Crytek in the recent weeks and reminded them of the parity clause in their licensing agreement. That is the only possible explanation why the game looks like it does, when THIS is what they showed off just a few months back....

Loobyluggs likes this.