NVIDIA GeForce 451.48 WHQL Drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    restart the display driver service

2. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    I did.

Any idea why this happened?

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    started something with a anticheat while low latency was enabled?

4. Urban Mole

Urban Mole Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    DBH running smoothly on my rig with these. Heaven benchmark gets a lot of stutters 1-3s long, but haven't seen any stuttering in games. I did test them on the May update with HAGS, but it was horrible so i reverted to 1909. These are the results.

NEW
    upload_2020-7-1_0-55-46.png

OLD 442.19
    upload_2020-7-1_0-55-29.png

Attached Files:

5. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Control panel setting are all default i never tinker with anything.

Only been running one game through steam for the past 2 days(only thing i noticed was when exiting a game on steam it took longer than usual to close and caused some lag on mouse cursor.

I did notice that GFE didn't work with the game.

Might just be a bug but never come across this before, lost all settings and was just left with the developer setting.

6. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Wanted to ask,about hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling. Im on a 970gtx and it isnt supported on those series,the option doesnt even show up for me in windows. Could i force enable this through regedit or isnt this option supported on hardware level ?

7. Ohmer

Ohmer Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti DUKE OC
    stryfe2010, Redemption80 and SyntaX like this.
  8. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Do you guys have raytracing turned on? I've disabled it and now the massive frame drops are gone. Seems to be a bug with this driver.

DanielRX likes this.
  9. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Just had a look at the nvidia forum seems someone else has the same issue. He has HAGS turned on i don't.

https://ibb.co/1zxFxkf

10. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Did some tests with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

I have G-SYNC Compatible ON (Freesync), frame capped at 72 Hz (75Hz Monitor), VSYNC ON.

Previous driver the game worked fine with all settings on max + Raytracing ON.

In this driver, I have some massively frame drops on multiplayer and warzone, I've done tests with HAGS ON and OFF, VSYNC ON and OFF. But turns out that the issue is with the raytracing option.

I played 4 hours of COD with raytracing off with this new driver and the game is butter smooth. HAGS ON, VSYNC ON, GSYNC ON, frame capped.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    this has been added to the known issues list, as an issue with HAGS.

12. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    To be honest, I got one or two hard locks, too. But I don't know whether was the memory overclocking or the drivers. Because I pushed the timings too tight without giving it too much voltage. When I went back to Intel Specificiations, @2667, 15,15,15,34,374 with 1,2V never have had hard lock anymore. Don't know what to say. Only time will tell.

13. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Not saying that you're not having issues, but I've been playing the Witcher 3 for the past couple of days with these drivers for hours without issues. And the game is modded out of its mind too. My specs are in my bio.

windrunnerxj likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

Nvidia drivers always doing gods work and highlighting computers that already have existing issues.

:cool:

HoWxCoRe likes this.
  15. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Might be something particular to your system.
    The only issues on my machine with this driver (and 450 DX12 / 451 CUDA dev drivers) are random BSODs with HAGS enabled. With HAGS off everything works fine, including Witcher 3.

16. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Nothing wrong with the driver, just 442.50 performs faster :) ....I'm back on that one seeing as HAGS is useless lol.

17. Slonyara

Slonyara Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 8 GB
    Win 2004 build 19041.329, driver 451.48, GTX 1070.
    World of Tanks with both HAGS+variable refresh rate on stutters heavily in windowed and borderless, buttery smooth in fullscreen.

18. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Did a little "real world bench marking" since I have recently been tinkering and had all the backup images handy. I ran a repeatable one minute loop in Warframe (Directx11 game), Plains of Eidolon, while running the Fraps (it still has uses) benchmark. Same place, time of day, game and driver settings, etc. One difference would be 7 has true Full Screen, where both the 10s would be doing Full Screen Optimization (borderless windowed) though I never saw a performance gain by disabling FSO.

All clean installed, 64 bit, and updated. Results are average of three runs/loops.

1. Windows 10 LTSC 1809 = 108 Avg FPS
    2. Windows 10 Enter. 2004 = 107 Avg FPS (HAGs on or off, same with either +/- 1 FPS)
    3. Windows 7 Professional = 118 Avg FPS :cool:

Yep, Windows 7 still kicks the snot out of 10. Go figure.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    enkoo1 likes this.
  19. notinterestinq

notinterestinq Member

GPU:
    Fullscreen optimizations has nothing to with the game running in borderless. How are people still not getting it right?!

20. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Did another little benchmark. This time 2 minutes long, same place, but rather than doing a little loop, I ran the same path and ended with the last 60 seconds or so in a camp full of combat and AI action. 451.48 driver on both. Windows 7 is pretty significantly smoking Windows 10...still.

Fraps log:
    Code:
    2020-07-01 16:05:09 - Warframe - **Win 10 LTSC**
    Frames: 19724 - Time: 120000ms - Avg: 164.367 - Min: 115 - Max: 312

2020-07-01 16:25:35 - Warframe - **Win7 Pro**
    Frames: 20886 - Time: 120000ms - Avg: 174.050 - Min: 115 - Max: 330

I can't imagine how I got that silly idea. o_O

Source
    "With the release of Windows 10, we added Fullscreen Optimizations – which takes full screen exclusive games and runs them instead in a highly optimized borderless windowed format that takes up the entire screen. You get the visual experience and performance of running your game in FSE, but with the benefits of running in a windowed mode."

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020