NVIDIA GeForce 451.48 WHQL Drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You can be wrong and clueless all you want, links were listed and well, you can't force a horse to drink.

HAGS is just highlighting the tearing thats already there.

HoWxCoRe likes this.
  2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    As for explorer and other applications that don't have any hardware acceleration support I didn't see any difference between HAGS enabled/disabled.

3. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Interesting. Forza Horizon 4 is fine for me using any driver and Motorsport 7 is ok with driver 446.14 but not this new driver. I've tried Horizon 3 with two different 2070S and a 2060 and they all exhibit severe performance degradation which eventually renders the game unplayable after an hours play or thereabouts. I don't think there is a memory leak happening but the two cards that work fine for me with all Forza games have more than 8GB of VRAM. Weird.

4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Having gotten to play with HAGS some more I can safely say it hurts my performance.In the Caspian level it's evident.Moving about in the day is much faster with it off.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Based on your post history i'd say that you generally try to be helpful which is great but this "my way or the highway" attitude you're going for is plain wrong.

Edit: Read your links and didn't understand much of it but if you feel those links provide some kind of proof to what's going on here, fine, I won't argue with that and you're probably right. But one thing you cannot do is tell me that I didn't see what I saw.

I'm on my work computer now which runs Win10 1809 and when I slowly scroll up/down in Chrome I see no difference whatsoever between HW accel on or off except some occasional stutter which I assume is based on my very low performing chip.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Terepin likes this.
  6. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Yes, I can. And I was for years. You can keep denying the truth, but practically observable facts don't care what you think is true or not. I have videos to back up my claims, while you have nothing.

7. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    He is either a troll or just stupid. Or both. I have videos that clearly show no tearing of any kind whatsoever with both HW acceleration and HAGS disabled and he didn't address them once. Gee, I wonder why.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    @Astyanax

There is such a thing as not pretending to know for a fact when you don't and you're given evidence showing it.
    Even when (if) you are technically right there is such a thing as being right gracefully and appreciating others might still have different observations.

All new concepts to you I imagine but worth thinking about.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Its called a no bullshit attitude, and i don't have time for reposting things.

GDI doesn't vsync, any tearing as a result of HAGS is simply because of that fact,

What you want to be reporting is hitching and stuttering which make it jarringly more obvious.

GDI is loosely presented at blt rate within the DWM compositor.

Behavioral difference can actually be demonstrated in older emulators that had a gdi option, with some amount of tearing being mitigated on Win9x-NT5 but not on NT6+ where the compositor is active and draw rate of the application significantly exceeds the compositors presentation to screen.

"We're using GDI, so there's not much we can do to avoid tearing. You can see that if we use 3D to render, then vsync is enabled."

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=146743

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  10. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Not sure if anyone's covered this yet in this thread, but the latest Nvidia driver (this one with hardware accelerated gpu scheduling) breaks "Detroit: Become Human" for me -- had to roll back to stop the game from crashing constantly. Once I did, the issues totally disappeared. Will try updating again once Nvidia's next driver releases or once I'm finished with DBH.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Cyberdine has already beat you to that.

use the cuda driver for this game.

BlindBison likes this.
  12. Dozeball

Dozeball Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Rx 480 Nitro+
    This version of the driver is INCREDIBLY unstable - I'm not sure how this passed nvidia's QC, but I am getting DirectX errors left, right and center, on a wide variety of games.....From NFS: Heat, to Witcher 3....Not to mention Control (With DLSS 2.0 on AND off), CoD Modern Warfare (NOT Warzone), Forza Horizon 4, HITMAN 2, the list goes on.....I get some form of garbled error, all relating to DirectX. But as soon as I roll back to 446.19, none of the games I play have any issues, or crash at all.

I HAVE reported this to nvidia, in detail.

I SUSPECT that this has to do with DX12U that has been implemented in the latest driver, and something about pre-existing games simply do not like it.

For reference, this is on a Ryzen 5 3600 (left at stock) build, with 32GB 3200MHz RAM on an X570 Motherboard, all drives are SSD, with an AORUS 2070 Super that is NOT Afterburner OC'd.

13. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    He does this in every single driver thread. Tried to tell me multiple times a known DX12 issue in Rise of the Tomb Raider was an isolated issue on my pc, it was not. It was a game/driver issue that was supposedly "solved" in previous drivers, but broken in following ones. It was eventually fixed driver side after it was reported. Hes always short with people and quick to assume they are ignorant and treating them as such. People sometimes post in running commentary across multiple posts and he chooses one and eviscerates it without reading everything in context before commenting. He knows it all, and you know nothing. Always starts arguments, and apparently knows all the higher ups and connected people. Might be knowledgeable, might be trying to be helpful, but mostly just infuriatingly rude. It's one thing to try to help people, its another to comment on something then treat people like a dick if they respond.

Terepin and AsiJu like this.
  14. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    These are working perfectly for me....on Windows 7.

Edit: On Windows 10 however...
    "Application popup: Windows - Display Driver Recovered From Failure : Exception Processing Message 0x401b00ec - Unexpected parameters"

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  15. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    everything seems to be smooth with this drivers on my system

16. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 gamin
    The shadow of the tomb rider crashes after some mins in game with this driver.
    2070 super

17. GregJA

GregJA Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 TI
    When Microsoft still can’t push the may 10 build out to everyone yet... not sure why they are incapable of still not being able to release it

18. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Works with potplayer x64 also.. Thanks

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You're referring to the benchmark crashing that has been a known game issue forever.

20. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070