Steam Summer Sale 2020

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Repo Man, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Another lack luster sale for me.

I have 17 games on my wishlist and have are on sale for the same normal sale offers I have been offered.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    You know I trimmed my Steam wishlist from 160+ games down to 67 last week (mostly by deleting DLC packs) but even then I am still struggling to find anything that appeals to me in this sale. Either the discount is high but I am not in that much of a rush to play the game or I am interested in the game but the discount is poor (25% or less).

And what is it with Japanese publishers? Not only are their new releases usually stupidly expensive (£49.99+, like I would ever pay that much for a PC digital release!) but they rarely seem to discount their games by anything more than 25-50% even ones that have been out years.

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Thought about getting RDR2 but standard edition is still almost 50 EUR so meh.

Have to check if anything interesting comes up, maybe some indie game.

Will get Titanfall 2 though but that was already on sale prior to summer sale.

cerebus23 likes this.
  4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    So grabbed Titanfall 2, Bulletstorm (finally) and DMC 5. With that one-use discount voucher on top totaled little over 28 EUR.

I eyed a few indie games like Someday You'll Return and The Beast Inside but decided to "play it safe".

Besides I always spoil those indie horror games by watching too much letsplays...

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I grabbed A Plague Tale: Innocence and Chernobylite.
    Then say Daymare: 1998 was at a decent price, and grabbed it.

Also a friend gifted me the Hellraid DLC for Dying Light.

So, I'm set until later this year when Serious Sam 4 and Mafia Definitive Edition release.
    Oh damn... then there's the XIII remake. Then Cyberpunk...

jbscotchman likes this.
  6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Is there a fixed release date for SS 4?

Edit: Steam page says August it seems

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  7. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Bought:
    theHunter: Call of the Wild
    No Man's Sky
    Spyro Reignited Trilogy

8. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    and Vampire Bloodlines 2..

anyway i thought about Chernobylite but it looks too early in my eyes.
    Plague Tale is extremely good ! i didn't finish it yet, im around 7 hours in it and i take it slow..
    its a very very quality title.

jbscotchman likes this.
  9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I can't say enough good things about Plague Tale, it was incredible.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm curious about Bloodlines 2, but I need to see more of the game before making a final decision.
    I loved the first game, but I'm hesitant about the sequel being able to deliver.

Backstabak and cerebus23 like this.

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Don't usually bother with all the extra BS that has cropped up with Steam sales of late, all the points and ranks junk. The thing is I am still in furlough I have a lot of extra time and actually opted to look at the stuff going on with this sale. Saw a few nice Witcher 3 backgrounds that I though they will look nice on my profile (I mean I usually could not give a fly f about my profile but like I said lots of free time just now.) Went to use my points to 'buy' one only to get an error message saying that I do not own the game / have 2 hours of gameplay time....

looked at my GOG account yeah I own the game and have over 200hours of gameplay...

then I laughed, so you have to own the game on Steam to buy associated backgrounds, nice one Steam!

cerebus23 and XP-200 like this.
  12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Yeah i don't bother with all that junk steam level stuff, but they must have given everyone a free 2200 free silver coins because i had some, so i used them for a frame for my steam pic, and that is about it......but i won't be buying anything again this year as i have a back cat on steam that would choke a heard of donkeys, and gamepass has me covered for the next few years....sorry steam. lol

cerebus23 likes this.
  13. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Got HL Alyx, the price landed on about 32e which is a lot better than usual. Now I just have to get my friend to borrow his Oculus Quest because I'm not going to buy VR for one game, and certainly not before the VR screens improve quite drastically.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    And I refunded Titanfall 2, turns out I can't stand dual DRMs anymore in general and Origin in particular.

KissSh0t likes this.
  15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Doing well so far, not bought a single thing thanks to Ultimate gamepass, just finished the cracking The Bards Tale remastered, hammering through the glorious HDR spectacle that is RDR2, and now that F76 has just been announced for gamepass i will at last try that game out, so it looks like poor old steam will get nothing again this year. lol

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Bloodstain is only thing that intrest me, I could always get elderscroll collection for 9$ and get the 2 elder scroll games I dont have digital, I have them on disc though

17. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Steam summer Sale is broken

18. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I´m seriously considering buying Age of Empires 2 but for some reason i don´t wanto to pay more than 10€ for it... And isn´t the game available on GoG?

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^If you want to play and run through the game for as cheap as possible you could grab the Ultimate Gamepass deal for £1 at the moment and then get access to AOEII Definitive edition from the W10 store for a month. ;)

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    between gog and steam nm epic origion ubi stores. i got so much on gog i have to check what i own vs whats on sale nm comparing prices between sales. oh and castlevania reboot for 8.

picked up warhammer mechanis i been eying it for a long time and 10 bucks was ok and mandalores video sealed that purchase. and i grabbed some of the content dlc i did not have for bl2, debated doom eternal but its 30, the seasn pass dlc seems nowhere to be found and i never played 2016 doom all the way through and i been stuck on bl2/titanfall so i can wait for a deeper sale more expansion content for doom e see if its worth it.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020