NVIDIA GeForce 451.48 WHQL Drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 24, 2020.

1. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    The minimums are pretty meaningless from what I can tell, the fps drops pretty hard between scene transitions which you’d never actually see in real gameplay.

2. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    That's why most reviewers use 0.1 and 0.01 percent lows. Helps smooth out outliers.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  3. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Works fine here, 100% usage on my 1070ti at 1080p.

4. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    HAGS on or off?

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Please fill out the driver feedback form:

https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

6. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    If you have Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling enabled, disable it for now to use the RTX Voice BETA while gaming.

7. yurizinho182

yurizinho182 Member

GPU:
    R9 290X
    This accelero xtreme III v2 its work in rtx 2060 super 1-click oc galax?

Is a standart pcb

8. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I filed a bug to get input from the dev team.

Netherwind and Terepin like this.
  9. peteli

peteli Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    No idea, really. I just looked up the layout of your card, the space between the GPU chip and the RAM chips is similar to my Windforce 3X 8G, so it should fit but better ask Arctic directly to be sure.

It was a pain to install on my Windforce 3x 8G, worth it as it lowered my card from 69~73c to 50~55c, but a huge pain. The square plate the heatsink sits on covers 1/3 of the memory chips of the left and right of the card, I had to bend some of the small ram heatsinks so they wouldn't touch the heat pipes of the big heatsink, I also had to use the tubular spacers from the cross backplate on the front metal plate because the ones they give for the front plate were either too long or too short, and I had to get thermal pads so the part of the memory chip that was under the front metal plate would have some thermal contact. I didn't try but apparently you can unscrew the front plate from the heatsink, if you want to mount it check for space without the hassle of having the giant heatsink in the middle.

You can see how it look on a similar card here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/aln2sg/arctic_accelero_xtreme_iii_on_a_gigabyte_rtx_2080/

yurizinho182 likes this.
  10. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    How long do you have to play to see this freeze? Do you have multiple monitors?

11. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I don't see any feedbacks for the Crysis 3 issue. Can you fill out the driver feedback form below please so we can look into it?

https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

12. Kisse

Kisse Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I'm currently using 450.99 HAGS off. Is it worth going 451.48 HAGS on?

13. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    I could hug you to death for confirming my report.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    That's not a driver change,

FFXV updated 2 days ago and removed a lot of online stuff, and apparently denuvo along with it.

Then don't turn HW Acc off :rolleyes:
    You're only experiencing a more pronounced situation that always happened.

You've missed out the most important detail.

WHAT APPLICATION!?

https://wccftech.com/hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling-performance-with-turing/

They used that here, it ran fine....?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  15. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Yesterday I tested this new driver with RDR2, First with HAGS off + game mode off, 1080ti with 4790k CPU@4.8Ghz. No improvement using Vulkan API, but 5-7 better fps using DX12 in RDR2 vs previous driver with HAGS off, with HAGS on, its less improvement then with HAGS off. I tested with my computer hooked to a LG OLED TV with HDMI

I did notice the some issues on these tested games:

- AC:Odyssey. Random stutter with this driver with or without HAGS turned on.
    - Beyond Two Souls has also stutter using HAGS on, but no stutter using it off.

Will test some more games later today.

16. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    It's possible if he undervolted the card and put on a custom fan profile using MSI afterburner. I did the same with my MSI 1080ti. Card is running at 62 degrees C at full load

17. Vladimir545

Vladimir545 Member

GPU:
    6800xt Red Devil
    Did a feedback for Assassins Creed Origins and 1080TI with 451.48 whql. In internal game built in benchmark

- micro stuttering in both mode with Hags on/off. Second benchmark running little better - cache seems working - but still little stuttering.

With 446.14 and earlier any driver -smooth and great like always.

Before install 451.48 - i Used latest DDU in safe mode, and after install driver and control restart - checked a
    operating system storage for damage (Sfc / scannow - all ok) - DO it with any new driver and Before any tests.

I m not using any Antivirus, only standard windows defender. Hardware in stock. Videocard little factory overclocked about 30-50 mhz - not essential, never had any problems with that

Other any my hardware in Stock and in good condition. Windows 2004 (19041.329) overall system stability like a stone.

On 446.14 Everything works wonderfully, smoothly, minimal frame time, no tearing. In all applications and games, everything is fine, stable and predictable.

Can add: Insurgency Sandshtorm on Ue4 Engine to running not so smooth with Hags on - with 451.48 - without Hags -all good like before

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  18. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080

Yeah seems like both Origins and Odyssey has micro stutter with this 451.48 driver with or without HAGS on. The games run fine with 446.14 as you say. I have the same card as you

19. Vladimir545

Vladimir545 Member

GPU:
    6800xt Red Devil
    Hello, nope, in my case stuttering only Origins, Odyssey working very well -On the graph in game built stats, the frame time is a little higher, but there are no problems. Only Origins disaster

20. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Have anyone noticed that if you alt tab out from a game to do something in windows and then when you alt tab back in to the game then sometimes the game has a frozen screen, and you have to alt tab again and then the game works again ?

This happens at least in world of warcraft BFA.