Radeon Pro 20.q2.1 (27.20.1023.1001)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MyEinsamkeit, Jun 25, 2020.

1. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/prographics/win10-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-20.q2.1-june24.exe
    Just notice a new driver was release for Radeon Pro cards, i install these and all the problems that are present in Adrenalin 20.5.1 that i was having with, including slow down using performance overlay is fixed . I also told them that nasty DOA6 and other games crashes was still around and they fixed that as well.
    Even the new 2020 AMD control panel is these. WDDM 2.7 also.

If anyone is wondering are these faster than the 2019 drivers for enterprise and Adrenalin, lol um no. I still get slightly better performance in the 19.Q.4.1 drivers for example, however, these drivers are faster and more stable than 20.4.1 and 20.5.1 and the 20 radeon pro drivers. These are very smooth in games, no problems whatsoever so far.

So if anyone is looking for a driver that fixes the performance overlay issues in 20.5.1 these are it. :) I'm going to assume some new Adrenalin drivers are coming with GPU hardware scheduling soon.

Attached Files:

2. Michael Lange

Michael Lange Member

GPU:
    Navi
    I have often read that 19.Q.4.1 is faster than 20.X.X but here (Navi 5700XT) it is not.

The Adrenalin 20.5.1 drivers are faster (Battlefield V & 1, The Division 2, COD MW,...) than the 19.Q.4.1 drivers.

Which games did you test please?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  3. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.12.1 is pretty much the same as 19.Q4.1 as for performance is concern. Really the 2019 version faster.

Gear tactics, sleeping dogs, Wildlands benchmark, Doom Eternal, Crew 2. 20.5.1 are buggy though, performance overlay was the main issue why i didn't use them, and the performance are not good compared to 2019 drivers. But these drivers, 20.q2.1 are much better than 20.5.1 and they fixed all the issues which i was having in 20.5.1 including the performance overlay slow down issue, which is not gone. :)

These are good drivers if someone is looking for the performance overlay bugged fix and still want WDDM 2.7 and overall good performance. I'm using a RX 570 though and my wife is using my WX 4100 Radeon Pro. (works good her computer as well)

4. Michael Lange

Michael Lange Member

GPU:
    Navi
    I compared the drivers with many games and not a single game was faster with the old 19 driver than with the new 20 driver.
    The problem with the "performance overlay" does not affect every game, it is the same as all "overlay" programs like RTSS (Afterburner).

I will upload my benchmarks on the weekend.
    At least with a Navi GPU I would rather recommend the 20.5.1 driver.

5. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Different GPU's, different results. That performance overlay slow down bugged pretty much affected every game i played. Again, different GPU's different results. If the 20.5.1 works great for your GPU, that's cool though. :) I think they plan on fixing it in the next Adrenalin driver though, but I'm happy with the new pro drivers.

6. Sentenced

Sentenced Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650
    In my case (R9 360) windows update would force a 2019 or 2018 AMD driver every time I installed an AMD Pro driver. It wasn't funny any more so I went back to "normal" drivers. Too bad because these performed fine and were stable too...

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    About mentioned Overlay problems being fixed.
    Before in Conqueror's Blade which hates Overlays, using it would result in over 50% fps drop in average + periodic frametime spikes.
    Now average fps drop is negligible, but frametime spikes remain. And they are like 2 per second.

So, there is some fix, but it is still not complete fix.

8. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I'm using Windows Enterprise, i always pause my updates for 7 days, but that is weird that they will force the drivers to be install over the one you're using.

Never played the game, but so you get those fps drops / spikes from turning on performance overlay, or just in general? if in general, seems like alot of people have fps issues with that game looking at the reviews.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    No, fps spikes happen even if you just press <ALT>+<R> to show and then immediately hide settings (which is overlay).
    It gets resolved by <ALT>+<TAB>.

General issues people have with performance in that game is from running via steam. As steam has its overlay active even while it is not visible. And even if you go to settings and disable it.
    Running Conqueror's Blade from non-steam client makes steam issue go away. And even steam game client runs just fine if one uses its binaries to log without steam (non-steam account like google/facebook/... ).

Since I play on steam, I spent hours on thinking a method that would kill steam overlay permanently and that works. I have same performance as non-steam players.
    If developers enabled linking of account to their, I would not start that game from steam again. And nobody aware of this issue would.

10. zheega

zheega Active Member

GPU:
    RX6800XT
    I've run a few benches, 20.q2.1 performance seems to be identical to 20.5.1.

MyEinsamkeit likes this.

11. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    You're right , for the past hour, i have been running tests with 20.5.1 and 20.Q2.1, overall i am getting better performance than the 20.5.1, but only slightly. Compared to 19.Q.4.1 , the 19.Q.4.1 is still faster than both WDDM 2.7 drivers.

But I'm going to stay on these new drivers because the performance is still great and i like using the new CP. Crackdown 3 is more stable as well. ( no more blackouts when using Relive ).