Cinebench, More Cores, more Threads - It all doesn't Matter - says Intel

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    If all that matters is core speed, why do they continue to stuff more cores in that aging architecture? I somehow doubt Intel would have a mainstream 10 core processor right now without AMD pushing.
    It's also a limited time win for Intel as AMD keeps pushing IPC higher and higher with each generation.

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Intel is getting a little salty it appears. They have a point, but as a consumer and gamer I'm not gonna spend an extra $100-$200 dollars for a few extra fps. And desktop and overall general usage is a big deal. The fact that Intel created hyper threading, but disabled it for so long is bullshit.

Athlonite, olymind1 and mentor07825 like this.
  4. Ricardo

Ricardo Member Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti 4GB
    Well, according to their logic, we should all just start using ARM devices and be done with it, right?

5. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Oh, ok Intel....keep dreaming, the fact that Intel has more security pot holes was more than enough to push me away.

TalentX, AsiJu, BReal85 and 1 other person like this.
  6. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    These slides are a complete joke.

Intel has become a troll company, nothing else.

7. Jayp

Jayp Member Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    The only real reason Intel maintains any lead isn’t their clock speed but the software optimizations in many different software types. As AMD gains more traction through software optimization and architectural advancements Intel will have to spend more money on “convincing” as they struggle to push new architecture.

Adobe software grossly favors Intel yet AMD is still a strong competitor.

A R5 3600 is probably all many people need and it’s only $160, uses less power than Intel and offers PCIe 4.0. Intel can keep their marginal differences.

I have 3900X and 9900K systems I use at my house and it’s hard to tell the two apart except where cores really matter the 3900X shines significantly over my 9900K. Zen 2 really closed the gap IMO. I can’t wait to see how Zen 3 does.

AsiJu and BReal85 like this.
  8. Phill-7

Phill-7 Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce 2080Ti
    Reminds me the days of Athlon64 vs Pentium4 (NetBurst). Intel had diametrically opposite opinion than. ;)

9. RED.Misfit

RED.Misfit Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Well they are on the verge to lose Apple. Even if that is "niche" market for them, it's still "high end" or "luxury" in the computer segment, dumping Intel for ARM would means Intel has lost the upperhand for Apple too.
    I guess they'll make a comparison slider "versus ARM" at some point :confused:

Ricardo likes this.
  10. MDSwish

MDSwish Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Desperation is a stinky cologne

11. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    lol, f*ck off Intel with your real world performance. This company kept us in the dark ages (when it comes to cores and multithreading).

12. Oversemper

Oversemper Member

GPU:
    Radeon 7
    Lame.

jbscotchman likes this.
  13. willgart

willgart Member

GPU:
    nvidia
    "real world usage" = chrome
    benchmark = games
    search the error :p

AsiJu likes this.
  14. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    Intel is doing it for the wrong reason but they are not wrong, all those reviewers started using cinebench as something which you must be good on, when absolutely nobody cares about cinebench or blender
    you do ? well congrats you're 0.000000001% of the market, so like I said it's irrelevant like Intel says
    it has become more important than games or photoshop, any apps that are actually used by 1000x more people if only that

I myself have a 3960x I can get 14700 cinebench r20 yay but in the end my nvidia gpu sees more work that the cpu, I needed the lanes not the cores if I could have an easier to cool faster clocked 8 cores with the same amount of lanes I would downgrade, if Intel was smart they would push for that and stop with those 128 cores targeting a niche of a niche of a niche of market
    this is not a real market it's a waste of time and money
    professionnals already have their many cores cpu it's called a server

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  15. Francesco

Francesco Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870
    A few years ago, in the Golden age of I5s and I7s... INTEL cpus used to sell by themselves. Now they need all this bullshit to try to disguise their fails. They can do whatever they want, their sales will go down soon… and they deserve it for having sold us the same CPU at increasing prices for about 10 years. Hopefully this will motivate them to invest in innovation once again and will serve as a warning for AMD to not fall in the same errors while having the tech leadership.

carnivore and AsiJu like this.

16. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    moo100times and fantaskarsef like this.
  17. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    For the top application used by users that intel show in the slides, there is no need to change computer since last 8 years

fredgml7 likes this.
  18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Exactly. Every CPU they've released since 2011 should have had hyper threading.

isidore and BReal85 like this.
  19. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Reminder that SYSMark/BAPCo is an Intel company and it's been known for 2 decades. It was discovered on day 1 the ones who registered it were part of Intel. Those benchmarks are the most conniving weasel scum tricks to try to fool suckers into thinking Intel CPUs are something they're not. Meanwhile a benchmark for Cinema 4D is "nOt ReAl wOrLd" enough :rolleyes: because not a lot of people use it. And now their marketing strategy head Ryan Shrout (however it's spelled) is breaking legally binding agreements from the last giant Intel lawsuit that states they must put in fine print that their advertisements are lies. I hope people continue reporting Intel until they get cracked down on.

TL;DR - Okay Inteloomer. :rolleyes:

Even with as much as AMD piss me off with their nonsense, attempts to weasel out of promises, and sometimes outright false advertising (see page 431, section 4, part 3: bullshit clock claims), I'll continue to be an adamant "anything but Intel" customer so long as a viable alternative exists. People forget that AMD is a very tiny fraction the size of Intel, they should never have been able to compete, yet they do. Let that sink in and actually think about it.

20. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Verge? didn't apple annouce yesterday they are using their own chips now? i'd say intel lost that party already.

Some of these slides are quite funny to look at, the comparisons are all over the place. I get that cinebench is not the be end all of software benchmark, and maybe more real world cases should get used, though they are hard to check... That being said Chrome is not a benchmark, unless its this cpu can run chrome with 2000 tabs open woop woop.

Interesting to see how highly steam rates in usage, I thought it might be high but was far higher than I expected. saying Ryzen 9 is the same as a I7 though is a joke. This something to make stupid board people who dont know anything happy or something?