Activation key

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by tsunami231, Jun 22, 2020.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So i know I can use ShowKeyplus and aida 64 to see "activation keys" but that just show generic key one activated.

I know what key I used on my PC but also use another key on other systems I have one on my uncles pc that switch it to PRO and I not entirely sure which Key I used as I few keys I used and made the mistake of not noting which I used where.

Now the key I used on my uncle PC to switch to PRO has never been formated it was just switch to pro. I need to find out which KEY i actual used on that pc. not the generic key (link the install key is that generic key I talking about I See that exact on most my system I need the original key I used)So i dont try and active that key on another pc and cause problem.

IS there way? cause like said showkeyplus and all the methods I can find show "current key" installed which generic key depending on home/pro edition which the same for every pc activated. I need to find the actual KEY that was used. is there way or am i fracked?

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  3. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    Im using this one here, with it, you can "Retrive" your Key and also check if its Legit, etc etc...
    The ones posted from mbk1969 (NirSoft) should also work.

Download:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/672915990022979617/705562677044576326/SimplePidX_1.1.0.7z

File: SimplePidX_1.1.0.7z
    SHA1: eec27161f9602b3ba84ed355ec97372f14f90a72
    SHA256: 5e7bfcff6baff9719268776ee1daafcacbfe5328911bf0dad1b22860e551f81a

Best Regards

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well the product key listed(Product Key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T) in simplepidx is the generical key used for everyone once key is use an actived, as far as I can tell cause that same key is shown on all my windows 10 pro systems. I need the actual key that was to activate the system not the generic one

Nirsoft does same thing ALL the other key retriever do which show that VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T and most of those have all been formated atlest once since even the .bat I could ffind that do that The power shell on my uncles pc will show the OEM key built into hardware, which is the key I replace with PRO key. The Key used on HIS pc is one of two keys but not sure which I used. I hoping there is some way to retrive the key I used on to active windows 10 pro still cause it was no formatted yet as such that info should still be in the registry still

I will try this VBS script as I just tried that on my system and I have no clue what Key that and put that key into showkeyplus says it not even vaild key so i not sure what this is for but not my system key activation key

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020

5. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    hmm, it gives me the Key i used for activating it.. same on my Friends PC´s where i tested it..

Klick on Pic:
    dfgdfgdg.PNG

This is also the key i used to activate it again after i upgraded my CPU, GPU, Mobo and Ram..
    And it worked like supposed to..

Dunno, just write down every key those tools spit out :p
    I might have another tool here, let me see if i can find it..

here an OpenSource one..
    ShowKeyPlus (my bad, didnt see you allready tested that one)
    https://github.com/Superfly-Inc/ShowKeyPlus/releases/tag/ShowKeyPlus1.1.14.1

Also, i asked in another Forum about this, when i get an Answer i will Post it asap...

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Was this pc reformated and activated when pc was connected to internet after installing or did you manual input key each time?

All my activation key seem to win7 utilmate or pro key according to showkeyplus all i know is VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T is show as key on almost all my systems

Just had him run ShowKeyplus his installed key show VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T just like mine which just generic key shown and his OEM key from with bios which not key.

So none of these are actual showing me key I actual want, are all this window 7 pro/utlimate keys be coverent to the generic key upon install? cause that dont help me fiqure out which key I actual used on his pc

7. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    Because of my Security and External Firewall setup, i allways do the Activation manualy when changing Hardware and installing Windows fresh. (sometimes i have to use the automated Phone thing, no biggy)...

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    The VBS File I got from @mbk1969 link spit out the same key on his system I got when I ran on my system so, yah none these are actual show me the key I actual USED to active said pc. I thinking I might be frackedo_O

9. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    just checked with a friend, and he used an windows 7 Ultimate key to activate his windows 10 back in the day, i asked him if he could try some things and he checked also, then he checked for the key and got the exact same key that you posted :p
    WTF?!?!?! So, thats the Product key not the activation key.. He used an OEM Laptop, so it activated itself cause teh key was stored in the BIOS..

i now know what you mean. you want the actuall "activation" key...

This is confusing, isnt it^^ Did MS change something? None of the Tools show the actuall key.. This wasnt like this back in win7 days, was it?

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @BetA

yah that is what I am after I been seeing that same key in Aida64 since win7 as my key, that is not the key I trying to retrieve.

which is actualy what all the other retrievers show

IF i can not retrieve that key does anyone know what will happen IF i try to use the actual key on another pc with active on my uncles? will deactivate his active other system or will not active? or some varient of that?

11. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    I dont really know what will happen..
    Heres another tool you could try, it shows a lot of information..

source:
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/multi-oem-retail-project-mrp-mk3.71555/#post-1283849

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah I tried already it show same key I been seeing on multiple systems so that no go either

13. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    some more info:

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah that what I being told, I also told that win7 keys dont actual active win10 there just checked to be valid then converted to the same key I seeing, which same for pretty much everyone that used win 7 pro/utlimate keys to upgrade to win 10.

so in the end there is no way to tell which i really used short of actual using and it saying it in use. which i guess will be road i come to when I re make my pc

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    The Win 7 Key IS the Win 10 Key, when you activate it, MS updates their database to include it on their Win 10 list, and you get assigned a digital license. It's the license that is your activation, not the key per se.

If you were to delete the activation in your MS account, you could activate another Win10 install with the same Win 7 key. A new digital license tied to your hardware would be created. With this digital license, your "Key" is pointless and thus why you have the generic one. Your Win 7 key is stored in the digital license which these apps do not know how to extract. (In fact, it may be stored on the cloud side)

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I know once key is active it actived for life on that system and hardware less something is changed dractisly or it never connected to internet, less MS start pruning activation. In theory they key I use can be used so long it no flag as shared or black listed from my under standing. I am sure someplace they have record of what key was used and you r probably right it is cloud/server side but they have to have somepleace other wise how would they know if it valid in first place.

I have a 50/50 chance fiqure out which key I actual used on that pc and I leaning toward 1 of 2 more then the other.

17. davidsmith

davidsmith Guest

GPU:
    32GB
  18. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    If your Windows 7 keys were from the old MSDN then each key was allowed to activate 10 PCs for 'testing'.
    I still have unused keys as I would keep rough track as to how many times I gave a key out. This is all a grey area to MS, they never came down on anyone doing this.

386SX likes this.
  19. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    (A generic-reply spam bot necro'd this thread :p)

I don't know what's going on with those keys, all I know is that I lost mine and used a VBS script to view it. I then reformatted and used that key to activate W10. It worked just fine.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    im sure all the keys i have are from the old msdn, they all still work to my knowledge too.
    not sure what script your using but most them i give generic key, that seem to be same on all my systems