Warcraft 3: Reforged

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S.T.A.R.A.C., Feb 2, 2020.

1. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Does Reforged still support LAN multiplayer?

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    No, Offline LAN is removed.

Because reasons.

*insert smiling bobby kotick image here*

Undying and cerebus23 like this.
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

Kind of sad, I guess they really were dead serious when asking about not having phones.

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Does anyone know if this is actually good now? I can't really find a re-review.

I'm not interested in Multiplayer, just the campaign.

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    china markets tapped mericans get phones. learn 2 commute oh wait are we still in lockdown or not?

8. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Let me put it to you this way: They have re-added skirmish versus the computer in the last patch, almost 2,5 months after launch, and there's still no sign of custom campaigns/scenarios. It's not good. It looks like a low effort cash grab next to AoE2 Definitive and Command&Conquer Remastered.

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    So for someone like me who has never played Warcraft 3 it's not worth playing the Remastered Campaign?

10. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    W3 + the Frozen Throne campaigns are both excellent, top notch games. play it, the game is a blast. the bad hype around reforged is well deserved. it was 100% false marketing, but i think it won't affect your experience as a new comer. im sure you will enjoy the campigns.

TheDeeGee likes this.

11. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Just be warned, though. Prior to Reforged, there have been tons of community made scenarios and campaigns that could rival the official ones in terms of fun. Now they are no longer playable, because support for custom campaigns have been dropped in favour of a skin shop. The original campaigns, thankfully, still work and are unchanged (which they wanted to originally do, because WoW retconned some plot moments from Frozen Throne).

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    this is perpetually false.

13. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    fyi - my recommendation in my previous post is for the single player story campaigns.
    i didn't play the custom games\ multiplayer in W3, so i can't post an opinion piece on it.

14. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Couldn't care less.

One feature has been present in-game for over a decade, and was thrown away because Blizzard tightened up the EULA (so that they wouldn't miss another DOTA-like phenomenon). They they didn't forget to add in a mtx shop ofc, because that was such a sought after feature by the fans.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nothing was tightened up, custom games still work and if they don't they will be fixed by the creators.

the only issue with the eula's are the people who think they should own their creation even though it was made with blizzards script, engine and resources.

16. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Custom campaigns aren't working, and haven't been since Reforged's release. Blizzard even acknowledged that in May's progress report: https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/warcraft3/23411981/warcraft-iii-reforged-developer-update

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    @Astyanax

@emperorsfist is correct, the eula was altered with the purpose being any custom maps created with this new "Reforged" version of the game being the property of Activision Blizzard.

emperorsfist and cerebus23 like this.
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Read what i wrote. Comprehend. Respond.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I was responding specifically to "nothing was tightened up", which was incorrect as you yourself understand the eula was changed for the sole purpose of giving legal ownership of anything created with this "reforged" version of the game to Activision, Activision acts like Activision... big shocker.

I understand it, you understand it, no reason to play silly word games.

At the end of the day this version of the game is a bastardization of a good game, people can find enjoyment in it, but it is what it is.

emperorsfist likes this.
  20. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    How about I shove your little quirky responses straight up your a$$, one by one? Would that please you, or do you just have inclinations to acting like an obnoxious pr|ck on purpose for no reason? Is that the reason behind these smartass non-replies of yours? I know what I am saying. Custom campaign support has been taken out of W3 when Reforged launched, and classic W3 was merged with Reforged under a single client. The EULA has been tightened, in order for making Blizzard the sole owner to any future custom content that will be made by fans in the Editor. You can compare them if you want, but do the homework yourself.