AMD Halts Driver Support for Kaby Lake-G GPUs To intels Frustration

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 8, 2020.

1. nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13 Active Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    not that simple

When you buy any given PC, there are components from Intel and or AMD, Realtek, Nvidia, qualcom, asmedia, etc....

I don't have to go to HP or Dell, or Lenovo website to get a new driver, as those companies almost never update their website to actually provide up to date drivers past release time.

Since early/mid 2000s most companies started doing unified driver pacakges, If I want an updated driver for my HP, Dell etc... I go to Realtek site, I go to Nvidia and so on.

when I bought my lenovo laptop with build in nvidia GPU, i'm not a direct nvidia customer, but I can still go to nvidia.com and get a driver. nvidia doesn't say screw off you didn't buy it from us, so go fish.

while that would be helpful, it doesn't fix the the situation.
    As with any graphic display product, you need constant support, a single driver with no future doesn't fix issue.

If the Hades Canyon won't get any more updates then its a dead product, time to ditch it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2020
  2. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    its not an amd product in the same way as one of their cards or mobile gpus, it was contracted by intel , its much more inline with say a custom gpu in an xbox or ps4 or wiiu, its not part of amd's normal stack. hosting drivers for such a thing is not amd's job, Even if drivers exist on amd's servers, its not their responsibility to link to it, I would not expect intel to host drivers for a product they custom designed for someone else, especially if that company is not paying for support. The company to complain to is intel, not amd. The product doesn't even have the name AMD on the box , it is specifically excluded for a reason.

Intel has far more power to resolve these sorts of issues than amd's infamous customer support/PR, make a stink at intel and it much more likely to change.

Embra likes this.
  3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    @nosirrahx Number one, edit a single post. Stop posting right after another over an over. This same goes for @nekrosoft13 abd @Fediuld multiquote and editing is a thing.

Number two, if you have no liable information to back your claims, please stop posting about it. It's one thing to make conjecture, it's another to spread false truths.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    carnivore, bobblunderton and Aura89 like this.
  4. nekrosoft13

GPU:
    1080ti

5. nosirrahx

nosirrahx Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7700
    If there was 0 consumer impact I would be on your side. When novice users get screwed and you can fix it by simply posting a link, why not just do it?

As noted above Intel edited their PDFs so that they link to an actual AMD drivers instead of AMD's product selection page. One step better than nothing I guess.

6. nekrosoft13

GPU:
    1080ti
    still not a solution, a device with no future updates, is dead in water. considering the AMD drivers been busted/full of issues for very long time.

7. msrl

msrl Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX M GH
    Attached the new 21.2.1 version driver hacked by me.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bpIL7pSDms0coizjW4idzHy6PzgG6Suw/view?usp=sharing
    Quick reminder how to install:
    – Download the zip, unpack it.
    – Go to windows settings, Updates & security, Recovery, Advanced startup, Restart now, Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When Windows Starts up choose option 7 (Disable driver signature enforcement).
    – Go to the unzipped folder, run the Setup.exe.
    – When prompted “driver is not signed” continue anyway.
    – Error alert will appear at the installation end. it’s ok.
    – Go to Device Manager (right click on the Start button – then “Manage”) – Display adapters – Readon Rx Vega.
    – Open it – Driver tab, update driver, choose manually the folder of the driver under “I have disk” (…\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF)
    – Uncheck “Show compatible Hardware” and choose the first “Readon RX Vega” (NOT! Vega M GH…)
    – Accept everything, restart.

Enjoy