The last of Us Part II

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 3, 2016.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Basically all reviews are a perfect score... I think I'll wait for a real review by a normal person.

This situation is like The Last Jedi, making me feel uneasy about it.

*edit*

*editit*

wow he even mentions what they did to star wars in the review...... 0__0

*edititit*

Looks like anything relating to the character Abby really is a part of the embargo.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  2. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    A friend and I took turns trading the controller and we marathon-ed the first game in about a day back when it was released. We plan on doing the same for the second game this weekend.

I think I had a lot more fun playing along with someone else than I would have if it were just me. Saying that, I appreciate the game for what it is and I can understand why so many people liked the first. I'm looking forward to this weekend. I don't know if the second game is longer than the first, but we're going to play it until our eyes bleed anyway. :)

serbicu likes this.
  3. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    The second Game should ne almost twice as long then the first one...

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    25 to 35 hours.

dark_surge likes this.

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Not bad :D did not see any of the reviewers saying something about this, as the review embargo on this game is pretty tight. Will most likely play more than 40 hours in the first run! :D

dark_surge likes this.
  6. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Got mine all pre-loaded and ready! Wake up Friday morning and start playing almost immediately :D

dark_surge likes this.
  7. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    So mostly 23 24 hours if you want a little bit of exploration then story all the way! 35-40 hours if you want to look for all collectibles :D

Most likely will do at least 2 playthroughs :D

WhiteLightning likes this.
  8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yes Sir!

serbicu likes this.
  9. Well... the Naughty Dog's "Teenage Lesbians Smashing Heads 2020" is here with the well deserved user Metacritics score of 3.3.
    IMHO 3/10 is adequate. Visuals, animation and environments are great. Everything else is just utter nonsensical crap.

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    This is exactly why Metacritic is really lacking of a rating adult content by adults feature.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It's like the opposite of Dave Chappelle's Sticks and Stones Rotten Tomato "critics" review vs the actual audience.... reviewers absolutely hated it, normal people loved it.

[​IMG]

Now that I think about it, it's actually like The Last Jedi's Rotten Tomato score.

12. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Not worth my time. Not at all...$600 for the special 'ellie' edition...jeebies that is practically stealing because of the 15 hours playtime in a linear A-B-C-D-E-bossfight-game over completely non-openworld game.

yawnfest.

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    15hrs ? I thought i read in reviews it was more like 30 ?

15. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    XQC beat it in 17 hours but he was literally running through it, skipping tons of stuff so.. seems like it's a 30 hour or so game at normal pacing.

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    lol, i have no intention of running through games. no way you can enjoy it that way.

Maddness likes this.
  17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    TW3 world record speed run is 2 hours and 27 minutes. So many games can be beat within an hour. A 10 hour game normally takes me 30 hours and more.

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yeah i know speedruns, I actually watch soulsborne speedruns a lot. but my point was more like it doesnt make sense to rush through singleplayer games missing most stuff (especially naughty dogg games) , which shows all the fidelity and finesse when you are least expect it. standing still, standing infront of a object, teh small talke between characters etc.

19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Absolutely. But then there's still going to be some Twitter wonders trying to convince us that such and such is crap because of this and that.

It's laughable. I reckon I can easily get my money's worth out of this game. Everyone's mileage might vary though. The way I see it, if you played the original and you want more, and you're willing to support the devs, you'll drop the money on this. At the end of the day, value for money, this will still come out far better than a 4k BluRay disc. Or a night down the pub. Or whatever else people might compare it to :p

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Gotta hand it to them, they finally figured out a way to bypass Sony censorship....