Battlefield 6 will get a modern day setting

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Electronic Arts will host their EA Play event next week, and we could see at least one BF6 teaser during this one. Word also is that the game is already in late development stages, but pending a relea...

Battlefield 6 will get a modern day setting

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Why not try a futuristic war like 2142. The past and the present are just meh at this point.

3. Hyderz

Hyderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    lets hope they implement more of ray tracing features :)

4. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    Wow, I really thought EA would take their time before rushing to get another BF released. Everyone I knew playing BFV, myself included, felt pretty burned by the disorganized mess of TTK changes/rollbacks, dropped content, and never addressing cheating. EA has a very long way to go before earning back trust. Even then, I’m not sure if I would ever buy another BF game and I say this as someone who has owned all of them since BF1942.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Because the vast majority of battlefield fans want a modern setting - it was what made the franchise so popular originally starting with desert combat mod for bf 1942, and continuing with bf2 and so on... and it kinda died when they went back in time with ww1, due to the limitations of the time period, and then more or less completely with ww2, cause people REALLY wanted a modern game again after ww1.

Undying likes this.
  6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I hope they don't waste a single breath on it, and instead focus on core features being the best that they can be this time around.

7. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    So, Battlefield v4.1

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Those things would go nicely together. Like GI from light projectiles illuminating environment.
    Previous BF implementation of DX-R was practically hack and it had its bugs. If new one gets rid of this hack and uses it systematically and dynamically as it should be used, effort on actual implementation for all maps/assets may be close to nothing.
    (Kind of like in minecraft.)

Undying likes this.
  9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, i hope they do nothing of the sorts... performance TANKS in minecraft with raytracing enabled, and it still looks like poo. The baked lighting in battlefield games looks brilliant, and is relatively speaking very lightweight, which is what you want for a MP game - not something that destroys performance and only looks marginally better. Same goes for screenspace reflections vs raytraced reflections...

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    This release will be a "make it or break it", after how they handled BFV "live service", my faith in DICE is at an all-time low. It's basically the first BF game that never got and never will get fixed, so they better put up that work power in delivering a spectacular BF6, if it's anything less, I'm afraid the franchise will be no more and join the ranks of Medal of Honor and the like...

Dragam1337 likes this.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I do agree about performance impact. Visual difference vs. performance loss is not worth it quite often with DX-R.
    But it is due to that little issue with RTX 20X0 did not have enough DX-R enabling horsepower. I expect that it will get much better with upcoming GPUs.

And that studios will move from: "I want to sell you blink, blink reflections." to: "Have this subtle shading beauty."

12. EJocys

EJocys Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 1070
    I would not mind Battlefield 4.1 :). They could return back more realistic gun customisation, maybe, with mini wiki page about weapons, and commander mode, which was not very popular but made game unique. Add minor realistic things like ability to drag bodies into the cover or to make cover :) and etc.

13. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I'm among the crowd who's dying for a successor to Bad Company 2.

H83, NCC1701D, Duke Nil and 6 others like this.
  14. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
  15. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    That still is my favorite of the series.

Solfaur likes this.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Why are you linking that in a battlefield thread ?

schmidtbag likes this.
  17. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    I'm among the crowd that's dying for a 2142 successor - the final DLC in BF4... And all the hints towards continuing 2142 but then we ended up with BF1 :(

Undying likes this.
  18. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Well, multiplayer was all about helicopters and snipers, but I had fun. It was simple and just fun.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    For it to be so soon... what are the odds it's a remaster of something we already have?

20. h9dlb

h9dlb Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070
    I hope it doesn't have that horrible blue tinge