ASUS AGESA 1.0.0.6 Firmware Surfaces

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    With the pending release of APUs and XT processors from AMD, as well as a B550 we all have been expecting a new series of firmware. And in fact, more recently we already mentioned that AMD is hard at ...

ASUS AGESA 1.0.0.6 Firmware Surfaces

2. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    -_-
    Many motherboard manufacturers haven't released 1005 yet.....

ManofGod likes this.
  3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I have per CCX clock in BIOS with 1.0.0.4 already. What I do not have is per CCX voltage. Voltage is not adjustable even per CCD.

4. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    The reason is that AGESA 1.0.0.5 has some serious bugs going on.

I don’t know how MSI made them work relatively stable but also most of the 1.0.0.5 releases from MSI are beta’s for a reason.

That’s why most manufacturers won’t bother right now, we’ll get AGESA 1.0.0.6 BIOSes soon enough, let’s just hope AMD won’t mess it up this time.

GSDragoon likes this.

5. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
    Me 2 my x570 strix have per CCX clock in BIOS but not per CCX voltage.

6. deefop

deefop Member Guru

GPU:
    HiS 7870 + Asus 7870 CF
    1.0.0.6?
    My Asus x370 Prime Pro hasn't even gotten 1.0.0.4 yet. Last update for that board was 9/24/2019, kinda lame.

7. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    https://www.hardwareluxx.de/communi...-pro-combopi_1004patchb.1251325/#post27233047

I've been with this 5406 test bios for months, no issues whatsoever.
    (Must be manually updated via a file placed on your SSD, the UEFI is capable of reading NTFS)

Not even sure why they haven't made it official after so long... I guess whoever used to work on it is busy with something else.

Keno34 likes this.
  8. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Yeah it works fine. Been running with it on my server (Prime X370-PRO / 3700X) since the day it came out (late november 2019).

9. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Cool. Lets hope for better stability.

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    ASUS finally fixed bug that caused BIOS flash from NTFS to "succeed" while corrupting flash data and making systems unbootable?

11. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Maybe such a bug existed, but since I'm able to type this message on this particular Prime X370-Pro board, it's clearly still working...
    (I've updated bios on it at least 5 times since I bought it)

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X370-PRO/HelpDesk_BIOS/ - it had A LOT of bioses during its lifetime... and I really mean, A LOT.

Can't wait for them to provide an 1.0.0.6 version...

I smell support for XT CPUs in Agesa 1.0.0.6 :rolleyes:

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Check NTFS here.

13. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    "In BIOS environment, the motherboard doesn’t support the USB whose format is NTFS"
    USB, aka, an USB stick formatted as NTFS.

That is quite a difference vs the UEFI accessing partitions from the internal drives, SSD/HDD, which work fine, for either saving/loading profiles, or UEFI update.

As you can see from the video, it can access FS1:\, FS2:\ etc... those are partitions on the SATA or NVMe drives. (of course, no letter, that is only known to windows itself)

And of course, it only works if the partition is not encrypted with bitlocker.

---
    p.s. - just noticed, that version of the tool is ancient... the video itself is from 2014.

Modern versions can even say the drive letter, as UEFI somehow communicates with Windows 10 and retrieves all necessary information.

GSDragoon likes this.
  14. Gonokhakus

Gonokhakus Member

GPU:
    RX 570
    Maybe it's an electrical thing? If there's only 1 voltage regulator for both compute dies, there's no way they could make it spit out different voltages at the same time.

15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    How many months do you guys think it'll be before Asus update their X570s?

I haven't used an Asus board in a long time because they're nearly always the worst value in price/build/features/etc that I'm looking for at the time. Their prices were typically an entire tier above what everyone else was asking for seemingly the same build quality and features. Now that I bought one after all that time... their software is a mess that roots itself everywhere in the system, won't uninstall automatically leaving an unknown mess everywhere and files still running at startup. Naturally I uninstalled their software because it doesn't work, literally, at all. And I haven't seen 1 BIOS update since I bought this TUF X570-Plus Wi-Fi board. They don't even update their chipset driver download package.

I seriously I doubt I'll be buying Asus again for my next board if ever again if I have options.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It's the same with my Gigabyte X570 Master's software, everything is terrible, even the basic stuff for the RGB (I ended up completely disabling it in the BIOS too). The hardware of the board itself is awesome though.

As for BIOS, I'm still on 1.0.0.3, works great and I'm of principle to not update unless I really need to, like if I jump on the 4000 Ryzen series when it comes out.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I haven't even dared to install such software on my X570 Aorus Elite since I've heard it's very buggy, just like you said.

Solfaur likes this.
  18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    RGB Fusion? Yeah I heard it's not the best.
    Bios itself is doing well, F12's still aren't final but get updated every now and again and I assume F13 would then skip over 1.0.0.5 for 1.0.0.6 AGESA and whatever that has for additions or fixes or just support for these newer motherboards and CPU models.

A few issues far as I know possibly spread between problems on AMD's end (Some fixed in 1.0.0.5 I guess.) and then Gigabyte and their own settings and bios data.

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    RGB Fusion was so bad for me that it literally made my PC unable to boot. It had something to do with my g-skill memory and setting a color scheme that would sync the lights with the mobo's. Either way, kill it with fire.

20. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    Running AGESA 1.0.0.6 beta on my MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC with zero issues.

insp1re2600 likes this.