Ubisoft likely to announce Far Cry 6 on July 12

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 9, 2020.

1. LuismiFC

LuismiFC Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1660s
    Totally agree. One of the best games I've recently played thanks to an overwhelming story and freedom of movement in a map full of life. I really got immersed in it and still remember how the game, as it progressed, made me feel confused about which side should I choose. And technically it is 9.5/10 so I recommend it to lovers of this kind of shooters.

2. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    +1

Undying likes this.
  3. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    The only Far cry i liked was Primal. The rest didnt do anything for me. Lets make a game every year even though its hot garbage people will buy it. Assassins Creed Isnt even Assassins Creed anymore. Im surprised they made a game base on the movie.

4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Honest question: Why?

To me that was the worst of the current far cry games (i don't consider the first far cry part of the far cry games as...they have nothing in common). I mean, it wasn't horrible, i enjoyed it at the time, but the depth wasn't there, the monotonous was pretty bad compared to now, etc.

What was it that you liked in it compared to the more recent ones?

5. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I liked the story, the mechanisms of illness, guns malfunctions, not always being able to save your allies. The depth of Far Cry 2 is far more than other series to me.
    It seemed like Far Cry 2 was actually made for adult audience, while other Far Cry (3,4,5) for more casual gamers with lack of gameplay and focusing on running around and shooting.

Here are some basic gameplay compare, but there much more than that to Far Cry 2.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its quite the opposite for me. I dont want to ride on a dog with a rock and stick. FC games are all about vehicles, guns, explosions, b movie vibes and crazy ass villans.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    It seemed kind of like a rushed joke, and I've never been super into shooting games, so I never gave it a shot. Being a parody game I didn't expect much quality. But I'll try it eventually.

8. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    OK, UBI, time to add a volume slider for the music.
    I still enjoy the serious because taking over places can be quite fun and it turned especially great in New Dawn where you could up the difficulty level to "you better know what you are doing". Other games that have been influenced by this like Rage 2 don't do it anywhere near as well.
    Otherwise we need to see some AI improvements, I don't want to hear chatter between two AIs who are with me when we need to take over a camp.

And dammit, no more getting kidnapped out of nowhere, heck even when I'm flying I've been kidnapped. Enough, enough, enough.

9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I wouldn't consider it rushed; it's basically a FC3 mod, so it's more "lazy" than it is rushed, but the game is often super cheap or free (I got it for free). But yeah since the whole thing is a parody, treat the game as leisurely experience and it's more fun. If you go into it with the expectation of a serious gaming experience, it won't be that fun.

Think of it like the Transformers movies: if you're expecting a good story and coming out of the movie more woke, you're going to have a bad time. If you go into it expecting fancy cars, mindless violence, and excessive explosions, it does that very well.

sverek likes this.
  10. DeViLzzz

DeViLzzz Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    I still haven't completed one Far Cry game and I love them but I am just bad at gaming and quite frankly with some of these games you get sidetracked with other stuff that has nothing to do with the main story. I find it so hard to follow what the main story is much of the time. So with that said in regards to Far Cry 6 I will end up buying it for console in a special edition when EB Games is selling it for almost nothing and I swoop in as usual and get a great deal. : )

11. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Amen to that, I've played all the FC games, for me FC1 was the best. The A1 are useless, they mainly stand around to be shot or get out of their vehicles to be shot. I also play Sniper Elite 3 & 4, the 4th is the best but most importantly you can configure the A1 to act & think aggressively which makes all the difference. I've only just bought FC5 at 25% of the original cost and I'm so glad I waited and paid so little.
    The FC games have great environments for good graphics cards & monitors but the gameplay is dull & very repetitive.

12. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    I didn't play Primal or New Dawn, but I've finished all the other FC games since 2. FC4 was definitely my favorite. Just finished playing through FC5 and I enjoyed it, but I didn't care for the perk system they put together nearly as much as the XP + Skill Tree of the previous games. I also missed the hunting to craft holsters and ammo bags.

I know it's totally wrote at this point in gaming, but the leveling treadmill and slowly taking over a big open world map is like peanut butter and jelly to me. I just never get tired of it.

13. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    Says who ? you ?

14. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Guest

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    Calm down lol, all of us are entitled to our fair share of personal opinions.

15. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    Fair enough xD