Geforce Driver 451.22

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Rageoverrun, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    only the dch version installs fully
    the standard version is missing ansel because of a missing nvi file and not being placed under in an area the installer can find it.

2. Retow

Retow Active Member

GPU:
    GTX780 ti
    On Windows 10 v2004 (19041.264) with this driver and HAG enabled moving a an mtsc/rdp between monitor 1 connected to DUAL-DVI on a GTX1080 to a second monitor connected via DP on intergrated HD4000 results in a blue screen.

dxgmms1.sys dxgmms1.sys+5a22e fffff807`4b250000 fffff807`4b2c3000 0x00073000 0x750e266f 25/03/2032 22:06:55 Microsoft® Windows® Operating System DirectX Graphics MMS 10.0.19041.207 (WinBuild.160101.0800) Microsoft Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys
    ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+3ef929 fffff807`3ba00000 fffff807`3ca46000 0x01046000 0xbb5cde6c 11/08/2069 06:47:24 Microsoft® Windows® Operating System NT Kernel & System 10.0.19041.264 (WinBuild.160101.0800) Microsoft Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

3. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    about to format and install win 2004, would this be a good driver to install for my 2080ti, and win2004 clean install to give me a good foundation? or wait?....

4. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    I disabled HAGS for now too buggy on my end with build 2004 leads to flickering with my 2 monitors

5. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    With flickering do you mean actual flickering or sporadic black screen?
    Since a few driver releases I have a sporadic black screen issue, mostly with chrome (also with firefox).
    Some websites causes one screen to black out.
    And since I switched to DisplayPort to HDMI converters I think it is even worse.
    With 451.22 the black screening also got worse.
    I also have a bug that the icons on the (multimonitor) task bar disappear.
    Someone else has this problem?

Offtopic:
    The DHCPv6 Client still is bugged in Win10.
    But with the latest update it is even worse.
    ipconfig /renew6 throws sporadic: "Element not found error"

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  6. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    No black screeens just flickers some times in games or firefox no biggies but still

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Not an nvidia bug, and not new to 2004/HAGS

you are mixing WDDM models and this is not supported for obvious reasons. (2.7 + 1.3)

wddm 2 video drivers use dxgmms2.sys, your bsod is occuring from the igp driver/driver model.

plug both screens into the 1080, its pointless to use multiple cards for displaying unless you're actually out of ports and need to drive 6+ displays.

Everything is drawn on the gpu attached to disable 1 anyway.

Dro1d01 likes this.
  8. Glowtape

Glowtape Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Screen black-outs are the GPU driver crashing and restarting. Using Chromium Edge for an hour or two, watching a lot of videos, causes it reliably. Things like videos scrolling off-screen and/or back on-screen. Moving playing videos in the browser between two displays, and such. Stock Chrome probably does the same, with what a lot of ad stuff being video based now. If HAGS is enabled, it takes down the whole system most of the times, when it happens. Doesn't seem resilient enough so far.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    If only this was occuring for everyone with 2070S cards to make it an actual driver issue and not something potentially just happening with your hardware or a possible issue with the display attached (like had with Turing at launch)

10. Glowtape

Glowtape Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    My hardware and displays work just fine on the 44x and earlier branches, and did so for months. It's 45x that's being annoying AF. And it's definitely the driver crashing, because I have 1001 entries about it in the system event log.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    TDR's are checked for in the qualification kit so the real cause of them always comes down to a specific deviation in your system vs other users / their own test rigs, nvidia can make adjustments for specific devices if it affects every card of a specific vendor/sub device id

And when it comes to web browsers triggering them on Win8/10, its almost always unstable system memory, because these are CPU writebacked-DMA heavy rendering tasks as opposed to much of what gets done in a game being on the GPU or in GPU Memory.

apart from that you've given nothing much to go on.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  12. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We base Image Sharpening on Optimus profiles. If a game has an Optimus profile and you enable Image Sharpening globally, it will apply it to games that have an Optimus profile (even for non-laptop configurations). If you have a game that doesn't haven an Optimus profile, you can add the exe for the game and then enable Image Sharpening for that game specifically.

Sajittarius likes this.
  13. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Are you referring to the bug where changes the color range caused the screen to appear too bright? Yes it is fixed in this driver.

aufkrawall2 likes this.
  14. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I am not familiar with this issue.
    " NZXT Cam GPU Load broken with it as well"

Can you fill out the driver feedback form so we can look into it?

https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

RodroG likes this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    makes sense as to why i couldn't see anything in the profiles that would whitelist, but yes, all the games that don't have sharpening and have been brought up so far do not have an optimus shim setting.

16. Alouch47

Alouch47 Guest

GPU:
    Evga RTX2080Ti FTW3
    Hey there, i have a weird issue with these new drivers.
    The screensaver or display sleep are not kicking in anymore.
    Tried
    • standard 450.99 clean update from previous WHQL
    • DCH 451.22, installed after DDU cleanup
    Issue persist.
    Reinstalled AMD chipset drivers, switch between Ryzen balanced and performance profiles, deactivated / reactivated screensaver, changed sleep timer back an forth. Changed PCIe performance setting to adaptative...
    Nothing work, I'm at lost.

Using an RTX2080TI from evga factory oc'ed + msi afterburner curve oc'd (idle clocks OK)
    Hooked to an Gsync display using DP.
    HAGS (whether that matter or not) is not activated.
    Apart from this, I don't have any other issues so far.

Is this issue known? Did anyone encountered this?
    I didn't have the issue after the w10 2004 update using the previous whql driver.

Thanks.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    both my screensaver and display sleep work, can you check powercfg -requests.

if you installed rtx voice, this WILL prevent both.

18. Alouch47

Alouch47 Guest

GPU:
    Evga RTX2080Ti FTW3
    I always slim down the drivers to the bare minimum for my setup (driver, phyx, PPC, and hdaudio) so I don't have rtx audio installed.
    powercfg -request looks good (nothing preventing sleep)
    Code:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> powercfg -requests
    DISPLAY:
    None.

SYSTEM:
    None.

AWAYMODE:
    None.

EXECUTION:
    None.

PERFBOOST:
    None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
    None.

19. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Now that i realize this driver, doesn't have fast sync, half or variable in vertical sync options

[​IMG]

20. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    I assume this is something that changed for 445 drivers and onwards while 442 and previous drivers worked differently?
    Surely it can't be because people blindly enabled global sharpening, a setting that shouldn't be enabled globally in the first place, and then complained about artifacts in non-gaming apps?
    Add it where? Setting sharpening for the game where it's broken in the Program tab instead of Global makes no difference (unless of course sharpening is totally broken on these drivers or isn't compatible with HAGS). Or did you mean laptops? I can't think of anything else regarding adding exes on desktop aside from Control Panel's Program tab or messing around game profiles in Profile Inspector.
    It does for me on DCH drivers.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020