Holy Cow, Enterprise Drivers vs AMD Adrenalin drivers, check this out.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MyEinsamkeit, May 29, 2020.

1. zheega

zheega Active Member

GPU:
    RX6800XT
    I tried the latest enterprise drivers and see no performance improvement anywhere.

2. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Well first of all, these are the gpus i have, FirePro W5000, Radeon Pro WX 4100, FirePro W7000, and i just bought a RX 570 8GB OC, i only tested the enterprise drivers 19 and 20 versions vs the Adrenalin versions 19 and 20 with those cards. I have a R7 260 OC , but i never tested the enterprise drivers on them. So i don't know if you will see anything on a R9 380.

So basically you said you tried the 19.Q4.1 drivers on your R9 380 and you seen no performance difference vs what drivers did you try them against?
    Also keep in mind after testing, i seen similar results also using Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.12.. Really the 19 series drivers are overall faster than the 20 series drivers , from enterprise or Adrenalin, that's the point i was making.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  3. zheega

zheega Active Member

GPU:
    RX6800XT
    The only driver version (out of normal Adrenaline and enterprise drivers) that gave me a small performance bump was 20.5.1.

4. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I guess different gpus different performance :) Because I'm getting lower framerates using anything in the 20's. 20.5.1 has that nasty performance slow down overlay bug is the main reason why i don't use that one. I think it should be fixed in the next driver update.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    I had nothing but issues with newer Enterprise drivers, BSODs and driver crashes.

I'm going to install Adrenaline Software now, cause Enterprise seems to be missing AMD Link and i really want to try it.
    It's no fun moving my Dell Precision M6600 outside it's heavy and big. :p

6. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I don't recommed anyone use the 20 versions of the enterprise drivers(sometimes) (certain games don't work, performance loss compared to the 2019 drivers), they do give you crashes and BSOD's. I was referring to 19Q.4.1 which i use. those are 2019 drivers.
    What gpu do you have anyway?
    And adrenaline drivers have AMD link, i would recommend 20.4.1 over 20.5.1 , but its your choice. Cheers.

7. Lipici

Lipici Member

GPU:
    This little piece of crap little einstein made me loose 30 minutes of my time with his little crap driver hoping to fool some people install some old drivers in hope they wont get black screen until amd manage to repaire their shity drivers.
    19.2.1 and enterprise his version tested on wildlands 49 fps
    20.5.1 made 59 fps
    strawberry

8. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    19.12.1 was the driver talked about in this topic, not 19.2.1. OP is right about his claims, currently using 19.12.1 and got a little more fps, nothing groundbreaking at the moment in the games i play but not worse either. Only thing i can think of is 19.12.1 stutters less while creating shader cache i think.

9. Lipici

Lipici Member

GPU:
    Of couse i was talking about same driver. Only a typo, im writting from phone.
    If you compare his 2 fps with 10 fps i think you are his step brother.

10. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Lipici, just to be clear about something. This topic was about a RX 570, not a 580, but if someone got more fps on their cards, nice, if not alright. Also this was only about how Enterprise drivers compared to non Enterprise ones. The 20 version drivers of Enterprise and Adrenalin does give lower fps in games compared to the 2019 drivers, even though it might not be the case for everyone.

This is the Enterprise driver i am referring too, and only this one.
    https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/firepro/win10-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-19.q4.1-dec4.exe
    [​IMG]
    26.20.13032.13 (Pro 19.Q4.1)

Second, someone ask me to do some testing with this driver before, i did and it shows similar results as the Enterprise 19.Q4.1.
    https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/beta/win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.12.1-dec2.exe

You tested Adrenalin 19.12.1 and Enterprise 19.Q4.1 on Wildlands?
    I don't have that game to test it on, but is there a trial, would be glad to try it out. :)
    Is there a benchmark tool in the game or something?

11. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Faqs/000032074/Ghost-Recon-Wildlands-free-trial-for-PC-players free 5 hours trial it seems

MyEinsamkeit likes this.
  12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    I'm using a workstation laptop with a FirePro M6100.

13. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Thanks, I'm running tests now.
    I'm curious, what settings do you have the game running on? Resolution? and do you have everything set on Ultra with full max AA? And how do you have your AMD Panel control settings , set up?
    Care to share this information. I'm testing now on my end, with both drivers right now. Be back soon with results and a video.

14. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I'm playing at Custom settings, 1920x1080, Ultra settings, framerate limit 144, SMAA+FXAA HBAO+ Everything is on Ultra max settings. AMD Control Panel, Enhanced , Morphological Filtering, Force AF X16, Adaptive Anti-Aliasing.

Not getting that much of a big difference, even though the Q19.4.1 is faster a bit. I'm only getting between 30-45fps in the game, no stuttering. Looking at some benchmarks online, around 30fps is what you're going to get using a RX 5708GB at ultra settings. Works fine.

I am curious to know what settings do you have the game at, and resolution?

Attached Files:

15. Lipici

Lipici Member

GPU:
    Im writting from phone , im not loosing three minutes only to keep pressing on letters until the numbers shows up. If i said i tested enterprise your version that means i tested your version. More clean than that cant get.
    Has a trial, you can play for 5 hours. The benchmark you find it in graphic settings. Download uplay and test for yourself.
    Also you need to clean drivers with amd tool before install both drivers and restart the sistem 2 times when install 20.5.1 how the driver ask ypu, otherway there is no difference in fps.

16. Lipici

Lipici Member

GPU:
    Full hd, default settings one time for benchmark and one time with blur, bloom, sunshaft, far away shadows disabled, these settings i told them from memory. Ill to the test one more time tumorrow.

17. Lipici

Lipici Member

GPU:
    In amd drivers settings are default.
    Edit dosent work on phone.

18. Lipici

Lipici Member

GPU:
    Same settings, the settings im playing the game with.

Attached Files:

Direfield likes this.
  19. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    @MyEinsamkeit
    If you get black screens on any polaris card, verify your gpu core is not exceeding the regular specs that it was designed for*. There may still be issues with this - there was 6~12 months ago badly. *You don't have to overclock for the driver to exceed the gpu core spec from the factory, on some systems it happens, on some systems it does not. My Ryzen system at default, stock settings, couldn't keep an AMD card stable to save my hide. I had to knock 150~200mhz off the core of my RX 480. Any nvidia card worked fine (I did verify the hardware here, just in case).
    I have seen serious issues with polaris + windows 10 in the last year. It was so bad, it wouldn't even get to the desktop stable sometimes (but never really had issues in Windows 7). Finally gave up and bought a 2070 super and chucked the Rx 480 8gb card in the bin. Other users have had issues with 470/480/570/580 models, hanging, app-crashes to desktop, corruption, lots of black screens and 'gpu driver reset/recover' or hung system output. The only common denominator seems to be Windows 10 and Polaris. Even some intel system + polaris users reported this, though I had zero issue with that card in Windows 7 vs what I did in Windows 10.
    Drivers were so bad I had to get rid of all my polaris-based AMD cards and replace them with Nvidia models for content creation here, I just couldn't take the jumping-through-hoops any more.

You can use MSI afterburner among other software to keep an eye on GPU clocks and such. Drop the core clock 50mhz each time you get a black screen or hang, until that goes away.
    You may have to re-apply these settings each time you boot the system. Issues regarding polaris core cards may not be solely limited to polaris.
    I have not seen any issues on the 5490 (?) 1gb Terascale-core cards I have here (spares before i switched to nvidia) on any of the systems related to the bug(s) I mentioned above, they may or may not be immune.
    Did NOT seem to have any issues with a spare known-working 2gb Pitcairn 7850 card, either.

The Ryzen chipset/processor stuff however, seems golden. No issues there & is certainly rock solid at stock settings on an x570 chip set / r7 3700x.
    That said, if the card otherwise works for you / you just game on the system, it's great for the price and definitely capable with 8gb @ 1080p and 1440p if you knock a few settings down.

20. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Thanks for showing that, well as i said not everyone is going to see a performance increase using older 2019 drivers. :)

I only get a black screen sometimes playing Crack down 3 only with the 19.Q.41 , when i use Relive for recording. Besides that, my card is working fine. But thanks for all the info. I haven't had any problems with any of the cards that i bought though, and i don't OC, ever. But i think its good to have two computers, I'm in the process of building one next month, going to use Windows 7 on that one with a WX 7100 Radeon Pro.