AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.5.1 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 27, 2020.

1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Well, I do not think anybody tried to prevent you from getting some grass. Have it green for some time. Give feedback there for once.

2. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Don't feed a troll

3. Jumy

Jumy Member

GPU:
    9700pro to 5900xt
    i do not need my next is matrox or china brand
    your troll has spent money and gave food to these incompetent

Read the changelog
    Fixed Issues
    few fix for OLD game
    Known Issues

min 500 € for cards that have only problems, my 5700 with fantastic amd driver goes to overclock themselves, sometime ram is locked in 3d at idle/ram no temperature controls

this means that you burn my card if i don't fight against drivers, the cards won't get old, they burn first, yes but it will be obsolete when it will happen so your card is old and has never gone well

is all a logical consequence

4. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    No offence but all i hear is blah blah blah from you

AMD drivers do not override colours for games,, i have an IPS screen and colours dont change

5. Jumy

Jumy Member

GPU:
    9700pro to 5900xt
    why should i be offended? we miss it
    you're partly right but you only feel what you want, read above
    the concept escapes you, i see degradation in playful experience, quality / colors / performance games don't go smoothly, fps xyz could be tripled 7970vs5700 (there is no comparison) the difference is that one goes like a nice fluid film maybe at 24fps but smoothly, the new one goes to frame composition, image by image, to have smoothly experience you need x10 fps with this modern compressed unnatural colors and postprocess
    if they don't fix the old problems and optimize the drivers in the future you will only have the worst driver, a 2gb driver with amassed things in which they will no longer be able to reach out but they waste time adding useless things to 95% of users

MPC-HC v1.9.3 Changelog
    + Added workaround for AMD driver bug to make VP9 hardware acceleration work on compatible AMD GPUs

ops

ps. 7970 on i5 750 at @3.6, 5700 on ryzen5 3600....
    EDIT:
    IPS? 2500hz and freesynk? 8k? hdr? Have you ever tried a old crt technology? the difference of the monitor let's leave it to the monitor (it was born for that) but these cards have serious problem with all this "new technologies"

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  6. rpro

rpro Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    bleh same crap for 6+ months with my 5700xt, it just shuffle games that crash my system.....on previous drivers i could play world of warships for hours without black screen crash but other games like dota crashed randomly every 20min to and hour 2......starcraft2 crashes also on regular basis.........now dota 2 play without crashes whole day but world of warships crash every 20 mins........
    fed up with this card srsly im gonna wait for this big navi to come out and buy it doesnt matter how much it cost (im that pissed off) and if they still cant fix their drivers im gonna return and go for nvidia and never look at amd gpus again.

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Fix your RAM. Seriously, people need to learn that unstable RAM is not revealed easily by memtests themselves or while running benchmarks. It is when load spikes happen => games.
    I have not had single GPU related crash with 5700 XT outside of finding optimal balance between increasing boost clock to 2050MHz and undervolting at same time.
    And that causes driver crashes, not system crashes.

8. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    I concur.... really test your system stability... OCCT several runs and for RAM testing --- use TM5 with the custom 1usmus profile to be found HERE>
    https://www.overclock.net/forum/27937684-post4314.html
    P.S. One run of TM5 might not be enough // I do always run it a few times. Any errors indicate system instability. Same with OCCT.
    Only if those runs are fine then this might indicate some problems on the driver side. Then proceed with a clean install ---> latest DDU and then in the driver installer --- reset option so it will clean any remaining stuff not removed by DDU.

OnnA likes this.
  9. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    True, 2 days ago i found i had a dying stick of ram that i discovered while casually testing, before this warships and warplanes were crashing plus numerous black screens

played for a good few hours yesterday

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Ram is very difficult to troubleshoot and rarely dies. Sometimes you pass the tests with the ram thats unstable. I had the issue when system was stable with the broken stick of ram but the whole 4gb stick was hardware reserved.

11. Jumy

Jumy Member

GPU:
    9700pro to 5900xt
    maybe you never noticed, your ram most likely remained in 3d freq even in idle with zero fun "feuture" and out of any control by temperature
    now your problem is hadware related and is not driver related
    now it is most likely fried hadware related thanks to a very well driver!!
    for the ram you have 3 steps, auto lv1 lv2, what happens is a mystery

12. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    You are confusing VRAM with system RAM

we were talking about the latter

13. Damien147

Damien147 Active Member

GPU:
    RX470/4GB
    Guys any idea about this?It always happens with mpc-hc.I was with d3d11 native and tried software decoding,still happens.Tried various adrenalin drivers with DDU or factory reset install and nothing changes.
    win 10 1909
    MPC-HC 1.9.3
    GPU RX 470(20.5.1 driver)

14. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    6700 XT Red Devil
    Indeed!

A couple of months ago I started to have crashes in basically all games I play and I'm always testing new drivers beta or whql. At first I blamed AMD, but the fact was that I overclock my RAM and I changed my case to a new one and remove the Memory Fans.

Putting memory fans back, all my problems gone! The RAMs was heating making the system crash. TM5 with 1usmusv3 profile did the trick to find out the problem

Ryzen 3800x
    Patriot 2x8GB 3733MHz @ 3800Mhz
    RX Vega 64

OnnA likes this.
  15. Damien147

Damien147 Active Member

GPU:
    RX470/4GB
    In my occasion I have my CPU overclocked and tried defaults to make sure it's not me.It still happens and haven't touched anything else.:confused:

16. Lumaan

Lumaan Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290X 4GB OC
    On youtube there is a fix to overheated VRAM
    I did it on my Asus Strix RX Vega 64 and now it's run normal.

17. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Have you tried VLC and faced similar results?
    I ask because VLC uses encapsulated approach and is not relying on some pre-installed codecs. MPC-HC can also do that but for that you would need to list all the MPC-HC internal and external filter settings thus making a test with VLC quicker.

18. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Recently I've seen an influx of post blaming AMD drivers regarding issues resulting from their own tampering of the bios, overclock settings of their CPU and GPU or fault hw. Which resulted in instability. Inwhich resulted from 0 research on their part.

They simply turn sliders to Max or Low on everything expecting it to work without even asking the community that they're involved in. Then when things don't work out they make false accusations blaming AMD drivers.

Those tears are delicious when they find out that the problem is a result of their own ineptness.

Krteq likes this.
  19. rpro

rpro Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    No its not the system i tested everything from rams to psu cpu mobo even old asus xonar d2x.... i run all available benchmarks test marks and what not(im not pc nub btw,owning pc since 1994). after all that stuff i put old 1060 in and everything worked like a charm for several days without 1 crash( only thing is everything runs crap on 1060 coz its to weak for CRG9 5120*1440.
    now i did opened my refernece MSI 5700 XT and swaped thermal paste,if that fuked something on the vrams i dunno but i put all the thrmal pads on vrams and temps showing normal, so i 99.999999999% think its messed up drivers coz i got dump files read and it shows that common atimrg.sys error or some crap. i would return this card but i void warranty ofc by unscrewing card so thats that, i want stronger navi anyway and all my hopes are that new card gonna finally give me rest :) if not then prolly nvidia 30something to match resolution.
    PC: MSI x570 gamingx 3700x 16gb gskill royals c16 3600 2X M2 SSD 3X HDD asus xonar d2x seasonic 750w and yea cpu cooler noctua D14. dont want that watery crap in my case......

20. Jumy

Jumy Member

GPU:
    9700pro to 5900xt
    you are confused!
    you and other maybe reffer to system ram, i no, i responde and quote another person and i referring to the hardware stability of his video card with his ram = vram

when that problem happens your card gets old x10 or 2-3 days and fry

it overheats ram and vrm, due to the weight it flexes and makes the ridiculous welds unstable in a normal assembly
    here is the magic of the oven or hot gun (reshuffle the welds) + new ridiculous thermal pad and paste by original
    they suck from the assembly and the drivers give him the the final blow