NVIDIA INSIDER Preview Driver [450.99][Standard]

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, May 20, 2020.

1. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    I keep getting blue screen crashes, different codes (apc index mismatch, dpc watchdog violation, reference by pointer) but always ntkrnlmp.exe in minidump though no other help in the dumps. Not sure it has anything at all to do with this driver. I just upgraded to 2004, on 1909 I never had any crashes, but as soon as I upgraded I upgraded to 450.99, I just installed 446.14 and going to see if I still get BSODs, I have gotten 4 today, pc idle just sitting on desktop. Event log has no events before the crash no sign of what could be causing it.
    It may be one of my other components or just due to the fact I did an upgrade instead of a fresh install. If it continues I will do a clean install tomorrow and see if that resolves it.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no crucial or samsung ssd ram caches installed?

DisplayLink?
    old realtek card or blue tooth drivers?
    Vanguard????
    Bit Defender?
    Asus pc probe? :eek:

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  3. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    No display link, Ram caches, realtek onboard nic on my x570 integrated audio disabled in bios I use HDMI audio, nope on Vanguard, no bit defender or Asus PC probe.

I have a generic usb Bluetooth module I use for controllers. I think it was startek branded. Driver is up to date but it's been what I've been thinking May be the problem.

Yeah I've looked through the known and reported issues and nothing seems to stand out to me. Pretty standard build with no real oddball stuff I can think off

Hardware:
    Asus prime x570
    2080ti
    3700x PBO
    32gb 3600cl17 (xmp) tridentz
    Boot drive wd black PCIe m.2
    2x crucial 1TB mx500 one sata one m.2 sata
    500gb Samsung Evo 860
    Oculus Rift s

As far as software nothing other than Chrome, visual studio, then games and benchmark stuff on this system.

Oh I guess APC software for my ups

No crashes since I installed 446.12. Though it hasn't been that long yet so not holding my breath. I am thinking I will just do a clean install tomorrow anyways it's been long enough and it's so easy to reinstall windows these days.

4. P_G19

P_G19 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 / 6GB
    Driver is fine. performance is better (Placebo?)

Some Notes (until now):

- HAGS On = GPU usage fluctuating up to 80~100 randomly
    - DX12_2 (Ultimate) not supported on GTX 1660 (thought it was for all Turing GPUs looks like it's RTX only... kinda unfair)

Edit:
    - No Silk_Smoothness in NVinspector as 446.14

Last edited: May 30, 2020

5. Pepa1

Pepa1 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    install dch driver solved my problem :=))

6. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    The usage is probably a reporting error (at least from a human perspective, it might be factually more accurate in terms of actual utilization with all hardware parts considered but we don't know that).
    dxdiag doesn't report 12_2 on RTX cards either but "Ultimate" is in fact requires and RTX card. There is nothing unfair about utilizing the extra hardware parts, you knowingly bought the "stripped-down" versions and I wouldn't "worry" about any actual Ultimate titles appearing anytime soon (and probably even the RTX2080Ti won't be fast enough for those with the relevant features turned on, I think these current RTX features are similar to the first AMD Tesselator unit).

7. DmitryKo

DmitryKo Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 7800 XT
    There is no such thing as feature level 12_2 - it may come later, but right now it's undefined.

Why would DxDiag report level 12_2 - just because someone keeps putting it up on Wikipedia?

GTX 16-series should support SM 6.5 with variable shading rate, sampler feedback, and mesh shaders, i.e. every individual part of 'Ultimate' except raytracing.

8. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    i have one Monitor 1440p @ 165hz + One 4K @ 60hz TV over HDMI connected.
    Running 450.99 and moving Videoplayer MPC BE Window from Main Monitor to TV the Window disappears. Back to 446.14 and it works without Problems.

9. PetritH

PetritH Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XT
    Wheres the physics tab bro?

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    NVCP
    Setup Physx and Surround

12_2 isn't final, ultimate features will comprise of it though.

PetritH likes this.

11. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XTX OC
    I posted the issue on the discussion page of the game at steam but i think it's good idea to post here as well

Divinity Original Sin 2 DE
    Just wanna provide a feedback that when the hw scheduling is enabled the game performance is (fps) is dramatically decreased -
    when disabled manage to have ~90 fps @ 1440p gsync compatible VRR enabled
    when hw scheduling enabled, in the main menu screen only have 10fps, loading into the actual game ~20fps
    however I've observed something, at the loading screen the fps is back to normal 60fps, the gpu clock seems fixed @ 2D mode instead of 3D mode, I guess that's the culprit for the fps decrease.
    In addition to that i also tested with it off and seems like the game engine is quite unstable with this driver, i had 2 crash to desktop with some dx11 error msg showed up, guess it's the game engine problem rather than the driver.

My rig:
    Win 10 2004 H1 updated
    CPU: 4770K @4.4ghz
    GPU: 1080Ti @ > ~2.04Ghz boost
    Driver ver. 450.99

Tested games: Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Sekiro Die Twice and tower of time running fine no issue with it enabled
    Also tested 4K movie playback also running fine as well
    Netflix at HD res running fine too

So for now Divinity Original Sin 2 DE is the program/game I have an issue with.

12. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I just tried DOS2-DE and it's stuck at 10fps for me as well. I found no similar issue with other games I have installed.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    try with profile set to prefer max performance?

14. PetritH

PetritH Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XT

Attached Files:

15. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Divinity Original Sin DE is running at low fps not because of the driver, but because of the OS itself.
    With a google search, you can find people with Insider versions of what's now 2004 complaining about this months ago. There doesn't seem to be any solutions yet. Devs know I think.

16. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    And my cpu on máfia 3 its having more heat. Usualy is around 62c with these 65,68c they seem more cpu hungry.

17. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    Why Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling isn't supported by gtx 970 even it supports shader model 6.5 and wddm 2.7 ?

[​IMG]

18. k3lt

k3lt Active Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1060 6GB
    Did you updated Windows 10 to 20H1?

norton likes this.
  19. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Ambient matters a lot, it's almost summer now.

elite69 likes this.
  20. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    Yes i updated and dxdiag report wddm 2.7 and gpuz report shader model 6.5