Nvidia Colorprofile checker and if not enabled autoenable , on loop while system is running, Batch

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by orangewoolcry, May 29, 2020.

1. orangewoolcry

orangewoolcry Member Guru

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    i need some help with a batch script, id need to be able to enable like in the nvidia control panel for it to use nvidia color profile , so for the batch to simply just indefinitely check while the pc is running that the NVIDIA color profile is running and if not autoenable said profile , help on this would be appreciated alot

2. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I'm not actually sure about what you're asking here and I've read over your post twice. From what I've gathered you're looking to load a colour profile and keep tabs on what profile is loaded?

Try DisplayCAL profile loader. You can use it to apply different colour profiles to different monitors and it automatically re-applies the colour profiles in time intervals.

3. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    yeah ...but DisplayCAL dont work with nvidias custom colorprofile set in nvidia controlpanel thats my issue i need remedied , an app, batch whatever that constantly monitors for the nvidia colorprofile set in nvidia controlpanel to be reenabled on detection that its not enabled

aka that makes sure > use nvidia settings for color is constantly enabled

4. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Alright... I would suggest getting your monitor/monitors calibrated using a colorimeter and using those profiles to load with DisplayCAL. I wouldn't mind helping out with calibrating if you live near me.

5. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    lols, thanks ...but thats not the solution to my said issue , nvidias color settings is what im after

6. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Why do you want Nvidia's color settings to begin with? Doesn't your monitor have contrast/color controls?
    Hypothetically instead you could just use Reshade to create a custom color adjustment that you want and apply it to the games that NVCP's adjustments don't work with.

7. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    well i of course use reshade as well , but i need nvidias color profile for the actual fine tweaking it gives me for my display itself, so once again a batch file that constantly monitors that nvidias color profile is enabled is really something id need over here , appreciated

couldnt find the commandline variables for enabling nvidias colorprofile or else id make it myself

8. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    [sorrowful facepalm]

9. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    facepalm to you maybe , but to me its something important i need

10. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Video games, by default, should be experienced as close to the intentions of their developers as possible. That involves a fairly accurate color reproduction on your end.
    (So, you should either calibrate that display with a color sensor or run it at the most accurate factory mode. Online reviews might help you find the best factory mode and may suggest some alterations for fine-tuning. But be careful, even some big sites and huge names have absolutely no sense to this. Most of them are somewhat more qualified than the average user though. [Yes, like YOU, yes...!])

Of course, you are free to apply any and all kinds of custom processing to fit your liking if you are so inclined but I would still suggest you do it reasonably. There are a plethora of tools for this job, some of them are really advanced.
    The sliders in NVCP are like doing hearth surgery with a screwdriver from your car's toolbox.

Also note how these kinds of alterations are "addictive" in some sense (not just mentally, your eyes naturally try to adapt to the actual white balance of the scene/screen, etc), so when you say "I need it" is like saying you need coca. (Nobody really needs coca, they just simply like it and they might be addicted as well on top of that.)

I know it's really hard, nobody is an expert in everything but these kinds of things are a bit harder to excuse since you are the one insisting on making alterations. You weren't dropped something that's completely useless out of the box and really does need tweaking to be used.
    Game studios spend millions of dollars on making the game look as it does. You might paid hundreds of dollars extra for a display which is capable of being color accurate (potentially without realizing you did because all you saw were high review scores which factored this in, etc). Now you are sitting there, anxious to undo it. You have a complete experimental laboratory at your disposal to make it so. And you are complaining that your favorite greasy hammer you think is best to do that damn open hearth surgery is stuck below a desk.

artina90 likes this.

11. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    cool story bro , still need that favor tho , and games the way devs 'intended' them to look most of the times is NOT the best, theres a reason such things as reshade etc. exist , trust me i know what im talking about, and anybody else thats been around the medium as long as i, my eyes are quite spoiled in that regards , most so called 'professionals' dont know diddly squat, and nvidia control panels color settings gives my oled thats been tweaked to hell and back in its advanced profile, that last bit of tweaking in order to make it its best, so yes i still would enjoy to be able to commandline enable nvidias colorsettings , thanks

p.s that greasy hammer and screwdriver can be quite useful sometimes , maybe not a heartsurgery ...but then tweaking a tv isnt rocketscience , just needs some good pair of eyes to discern differences in picture thats all, at least thats all i need to make my displays work at its fullest potential , and i sure as hell dont need hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of tweaking equipment either, everything else is hocus pocus bullshit.

request still stands , id appreciate it for sure

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020