Refresh for Intel boxed coolers with non-K Comet Lake processors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 28, 2020.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It still looks like tipical intel box cooler only black edition.

2. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Remember that a 360 and 280 rad would be more then 10 times the surface area and maybe 20 times as much mass to heat up, compared to the box cooler.
    I think your 10700k is overclocking itself, because i ran 475 Cinebench runs (10 hours), because i thought my overclock was unstable in Call of duty.
    Ryzen 1700 overclocked to 3700 allcore, running at 110-115W power with Noctua nh-d15 aircooler at 1400 rpm max, max temp recorded was 61 C.

3. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    Ditto. Since the core 2 duo days, I always despised those things. They're never reliable and hard to tell if it's in all the way unless you look at temps. One bump to the tower & the thing can come loose.
    Absolute hot garbage, worst mounting mechanism in history of computing if you ask me. AMD's system is where it's at, but intel's system can be good just by switching to bolt-on methods - don't know why they haven't yet.
    First time I used one, was on an Asus m2n590 Sli board - expensive board back in late 2006, on a core 2 duo e6600. It ended up warping the board so bad the memory wouldn't always detect and the bios kept resetting strangely. After about 8 months of that junk I threw the board away, and when mounting the cooler on the new board, took 3 times to get the cooler on right. Finally, when temps were still 80C and sometimes higher, I ripped the cooler off, slammed it off the wall and went downtown and got a better one. Never, ever, ever again dealing with that. Brittle gimmicky junk.