NVIDIA GeForce 446.14 WHQL driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kx11, May 27, 2020.

1. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thanks. Got it.

2. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    It is working on 450.99. It is just not officially supported. If a user enables the feature from the Windows display settings, the driver will comply with the Windows request. Official support with come with a Game Ready Driver update next month.

RobinTR, Astug, d0gs0n4c1d and 4 others like this.
  3. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Yep. Got it. Thanks.

4. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    @ManuelG I have a laptop with a GTX 960M that uses Nvidia Optimus switchable graphics technology, I'm using the latest 446.14 driver on Windows 10 2004. I've been trying to use the new Frame rate limiter since it came out in the 441.87 driver and on Windows 10 1909. When I turn it on in any game it works as it's supposed to and caps the frame rate, but if I alt-tab out of the game and then alt-tab back into the game, the frame rate limiter stops working. The only solution is to restart the game. This only happens on full screen games, on borderless full screen games it works fine. This behavior has been present since it was introduced in the 441.87 driver, the older frame rate limiter v2 accesible through Nvidia Inspector works fine on both full screen and borderless full screen games.

I've already filled a driver feedback report using the Display Driver Feedback Form. Do you have any information about this? Is it a known bug?

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    NvidiaFreak posted this which has thrown us all for a loop on whats up with it.

6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    currently on windows 2004 after a clean install and this driver , i didn't notice any bugs in the windows menus at all

AND MORTAL KOMBAT 11 DX12 IS NOT CRASHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cave Waverider likes this.
  7. Astug

Astug Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti
    My apologies for the misinformation, I misinterpreted what was said.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its the start menu and only affecting gsync windowed.

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i have a gsync monitor , tried windowed/fullscreen mode , still working fine

tested start menus and furmark

HoWxCoRe likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it doesn't happen every time.

oh, i should clarify

it only occurs on 2004/19041 with any 445 driver

NvidiaFreak650 likes this.

11. RodroG

RodroG Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 / 10GB
    Thanks. Perhaps, the release of a real and proper Ready driver for Windows 10 May 2020 Update (with WDDM 2.7 and DX12U support), and not the release of a Game Ready version without support for this new WDDM version and for DX12U features, would have prevented all these issues.

Being honest, v446.14 cannot be considered, advertised or branded by Nvidia as a Game-Ready driver for Win10 2004 without support for WDDM 2.7. Lacking this support, this version is "ready" (not ready, properly talking) for Win10 2004 to the same extent that they are or were "ready" (not ready) all the prior Nvidia driver releases with WDDM 2.6 support.

12. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    This driver being Ready simply means Nvidia officially says it's stable for Win10 2004. That's it.

If Nvidia had said this driver was Ready and supported the new features of Win10 2004, that had been a different matter and would justify complaints.

13. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    Good driver overall but i have some issues with Call Of Duty MW and MSI Afterburner running together! The game when it starts disables the fan profile i have set in the MSI AB and it won't respond if i try to reapply it again! Also the game when it starts resets the color profile I've set for my monitor by changing the brightness and color gamut. Strange, i haven't seen something like this in any game i have tested so far and i have never had such an issue before in any of my rigs/configurations before! o_O:confused:
    I'm using Windows 10 2004 with the latest driver.

14. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah i had that bug using window & full screen mode check in in Gsync, switching to full screen only fix the start menu bug after rebooting and only happen when checking windows & full screen mode in Gysnc which happens at random.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This driver specifically, or any?

16. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    To be honest i had tried the 2 latest WHQL drivers 445.87 & 446.14 and both have the same issue. Maybe its not a driver issue at all who knows! Maybe its the game!
    Only MW has this issue no other game "hates" MSI AB or does color profile reset at start up.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    @Unwinder have you ever heard of a game disabling the fan curve?

18. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    So how updated are these drivers vs the developer beta drivers v443.24?

19. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Everyone PC behave differently, there will be random bugs. i did a clean install of Windows 10 2004 build .264 and use a clean install of 450.99 from https://developer.nvidia.com/45099-gameready-win10-dch-64bit-internationalexe Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling stay check after rebooting multiple times. i report that bug in the nvidia driver feedback.

Update: use 450.990 from developer Nvidia which has PhysX software and file size is larger.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  20. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Ok I have some issue with Gsync and this driver.
    My screen is gsync compatible but I have the function switched off in nvidia control panel. My games run max fps achievable, but some games like borderlands 3 enable gsync while it's set to off.
    Still not a biggy, but now when I run a 3dmark firestrike default test, my fps is capped at 72. I also see the screen go black switching it to gsync compatible mode.
    I had this with a previous driver also and returned to 441.87 which doesn't have this issue.
    Also suspected nvidia profile inspector where I disabled Ansel, and saw some settings for Gsync changed in that window, a frame rate cap included. Left it out after a fresh driver install but now I still have this issue.
    If I enable Gsync compatible mode nothing is capped.