Denuvo Anti-Cheat was not the cause of Doom Eternal issues

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 27, 2020.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I bought it on Steam when it was released on the platform but never tried it since I had other games to play first. Too bad, should have tried it first as well in order to contradict your statement :)

Turanis likes this.
  2. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Modern games are like bushfires. Just because you dont see any smoke doesnt mean everything's cool. You have to hire ppl who know what they're doing and pay them well to fix this.

Turanis likes this.
  3. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    What basis do you have to make the assumption for all PCs that play this game? You don't have a basis for this because everybody's hardware is different. I never had any performance issues like you described with any Denuvo based game.

It is an unpopular opinion no matter how you slice it. Also they are going to probably put it back in once they give people who play single player mode to disable it since they do not need it.

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Wouldn't be surprised if they moved to a different cheat protection client like Easy Anti-Cheat, seen a number of games use that lately.

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I wouldn't be surprised either if they can't get Denuvo to cooperate with what they want to do as far as anti-cheat system goes.

6. TiePhiter

TiePhiter Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 LC
    Wait... They are openly acknowledging crashes that they found, multiple crashes that they can reproduce every time because of a bug in their code, and these fixes have not been pushed out immediately?

They are "Coming in the next patch"?

Like.... wat

I honestly do nott even know what to say to that.... Their game made how many millions of dollars, and they cannot send out a quick hotfix for something that they know crashes games, and that they fixed internally already?

I am legitimately dumbfounded over this.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    They already came out.