AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.5.1 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 27, 2020.

1. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    As I said, I had exactly the same issues about 2 weeks ago when I tried the Win Update version of WDDM2.7 drivers. I went back to 20.4.2 and everything worked problem-free.

If I'm not mistaken this 5.1 driver is more or less the same driver that was released then, so it could just be a "one-time/driver+os version" problem.

Reverting back to my original vBIOS will be my last resort, but I'm pretty sure it won't come to that.

HD64G likes this.
  2. Lipici

Lipici Member

GPU:
    I think you are the smartest guy in the world and you should be hired by amd to select the default settings that driver should have.

PieEyedPiper likes this.
  3. P.O.N.

P.O.N. Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4080
    I will stick with 20.4.2 and iPresentInterval=2 as it works perfectly until I finish this game, since I came up with the same issues you are telling me with Radeon Chill 120 fps cap and iPresentInterval=0.
    There isn't a 20.x.x driver I haven't came across a issue so far.
    I didn't mention before, but there is a visual glitch in Star Wars: Battlefront 2 with floor light reflections with 20.4.2 driver (when inside sapaceships), quite annoying, but playable, although I did't test It with another driver version.

4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Well, clearly there is something going on. Either conflict with BIOS / Firmware / Windows settings / Browser settings. I'm on the same Windows version as well.

However, once rolling back all of the issues magically vanish - which leads me to the conclusion that it's driver related.

5. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Using the "clean install" option from the driver installer, seems to have fixed the problem...for whatever reason, DDU couldn't do it.

I can confirm, though, that bringing up the metrics overlay has a huge effect on fps (>60% drop)!

6. ThatBusch

ThatBusch Member

GPU:
    ASRock RX 5700
    I can assure you that neither of what you mentioned is causing the issues. I've tried it on a fresh install, tried different drivers, i do not over/underclock nor do i undervolt etc. and my PC is as clean as it gets, no stupid stuff installed whatsoever. I play iRacing without anything, really, without any thirdparty program running in the background, and it still stutters. It also happens in WarThunder, but iRacing is the most notable.

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Could you check something? Start up a race (not just at the main menu but in an race) and alt-tab out and open task manager. Do you see a process called gamebarpresencewriter.exe?

8. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Is the W10 2004 available already ? :O

9. qpens8

qpens8 Member

GPU:
    8700gt 512
    On Radeon VII freesync and enhanced is giving me black screen in windows and cod warzone is still crashing

10. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Yes, i'm sitting on it since yesterday. I have to figure out how to disable pin login, with previous builds that was easy, just go to settings and remove pin, now once you set up pin settings will not let you just remove the pin.

Ok, i just figured it out: in settings go to accounts/sign-in options, disable windows hello and then option to remove pin will show up/not be greyed out anymore.

11. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Uh, did u got it by searching for updates? i'm on 1909 and it's not giving me the update

12. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
  13. ThatBusch

ThatBusch Member

GPU:
    ASRock RX 5700
    Technically speaking, there is no such thing as a main menu in iRacing, i also don't even need a race to check that, since it also happens in practice.

Will do though, give me a bit to get a result.

14. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    I will try

15. ThatBusch

ThatBusch Member

GPU:
    ASRock RX 5700
    Indeed, GameBarPresceneWrite.exe is running, though, i disabled Gamebar and Game Mode.

16. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
  17. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    No, as i just bought new OS drive i performed clean installation, downloaded windows iso directly from microsoft. As a sidenote, i'm using 90-day trial of enterprise edition and do trial period restart every 3 months so i got OS for free with its all functionality.

18. ThatBusch

ThatBusch Member

GPU:
    ASRock RX 5700
    Why not just buy a key for like 13€?

19. Xzess

Xzess Member

GPU:
    R9 380 4gb
    My contribution:

Most of the AMD cards prblems came from AMD GPU driver pack + AMD chipset pack. This two, in different order of instalation may cause tons of issues. I don't know how they interact. Also using "factory reset" from AMD GPU drivers can cause lockups/green screen etc...
    I don't know how to avoid this conflict, I did tons of test but I can't see the correct thing to do. When I end with the correct I stay there, don't touch chipset drivers don use factory reset when instaling new GPU drivers.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its never just the driver.

Passus and davido6 like this.