New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    This makes me want to get a PS5 if it looks and plays like this. I know it might take a few years before we see games using this engine. It certainly something to look forward too.

2. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    Can't help but wondering what the catch is, though.

3. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    1440p30 on ps5 hardware?

On top of being a tech demo, scaling in an actual complex game might not hold up as well.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I think it is quite awesome. It is neither about PS5, XSX or PC. Their dynamic polygon LOD is game changer. Why? Because in situation where you have scene where given HW can't keep high enough fps, it can just alter per pixel multiplier of algorithm that reduces poly count to be processed by GPU.
    All they need is to gather GPU time statistics and adjust value as needed. (And they do it since UE2.)

If it adds dynamic resolution on top which will enable rendering at higher than native resolution when GPU budget is plenty, one can get huge IQ to performance scaling.
    Only things user selects in menu for this IQ/performance is FPS target under which FPS should not fall and then maximum multiplier for rendering resolution in situation GPU can render above FPS target.

People with weak HW are happy, people with strong HW are happy.

Embra, OnnA and Maddness like this.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/goxnq1/rogamehardwareleaks_future_amd_gpu_stack_navi21/

https://hardwareleaks.com/2020/05/23/exclusive-future-amd-gpu-stack-navi21-navi10-refresh/

More rumors and supposed leaks.

Navi 20 details and a refresh of Navi 10 this time.

Doesn't sound too implausible, fits in with AMD doing the Ryzen 3000 refresh from the recent front page news too.
    https://www.guru3d.com/news_story/rumor_amd_to_release_beefed_up_ryzen_3900xt3800xtand_3600xt.html

It's still early but it certainly would fit, similar routine to the Navi10 launch and variants for these first up Navi20's and a refresh possibly filling the lower cost side and replacing existing Navi10's over time whatever improvements these could have.

Could just simply be faster but could also have other improvements or other fixes or changes.

New Ryzen series a bit ahead of the new Zen3 models something like say Zen2 + or what AMD might be calling it and now also the CPU with a Navi20 lineup and the earlier PCI ID's and possible product SKU's together with this Navi 10 refresh lineup.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Maddness and OnnA like this.
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD Navi 21

For the past year or so, we have been hearing about Navi Refresh. For a long time those rumors have been treated with a certain amount of skepticism, but as soon as AMD themselves confirmed that they are working not only on RDNA 2X but also RDNA 3X architectures,
    the puzzles have started to create a broader picture.

AMD is set to announce Big Navi GPU later this year. There are rumors that AMD and NVIDIA are both planning to launch their next-generation GPUs in September.
    This has not been confirmed, but it is a perfect time to announce new graphics cards. In September we also have Computex 2020, which has been postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

On a website called HardwareLeaks, which belongs to “rogame” (the leaker you should recognize from Twitter), NAVI 21 GPU IDs have been shared.
    This is not an empty list, as the IDs have been tied to GPU variants. That’s a very interesting leak as it explains what is AMD planning to do with its Navi 21 processor.

The list features different cut-down variants of Navi 21 and it seems that AMD is really trying to reuse the chip as much as possible.
    That said, we might (eventually and hopefully) even see Radeon RX 6600 featuring the same silicon.

There are no mobile variants on this list, also “G” (eg. GXL) models are not listed.
    The original list also features Navi 10 Refresh, but since the IDs are identical to Navi 21, we are not sure if that’s really the name of the GPU.

[​IMG]

7. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    My wallet is ready. Take my money AMD.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Will be interesting to see how the refresh does and what Navi21 will deliver once it's available for review and against both NVIDIA and how much of a increase it is in terms of performance against the Navi10 model. :)

Undying and Maddness like this.
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    RDNA 2 at ~22min

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    pharma likes this.
  10. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    Why do you still court this fraud?

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Good analytical channel, im takin' him with pinch of salt.
    But this guy has some merrit IMO. He talks with a lot of sense.

We shall see in september ;)

pharma likes this.
  12. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    He certainly has a lot of speculation in that video. I just really want AMD to compete at all the performance levels and not just low end to mid-high level. I'm also champing at the bit to see there Ray Tracing capability.

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Everybody wanna see 3080Ti competitor at resonable price (good old prices) ~649-750€
    Im 90% sure that we will get it this time around.
    Navi 500mm will be trading blows with Big nV 550-650mm....

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Maddness likes this.
  14. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    Merit? This guy got the Navi rumors last year completely wrong.

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

16. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  17. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Team Red has seduced me.

My 5700XT arrived today. XFX RX 5700 XT Thicc III ($390). And it is thick... and quite frankly, a piece of art. It's been AWHILE for me. 2005 was my last ATI card. (ATI, remember?) (gtx1070/ 970/ 760/ 260/ 8800gt/ 7900gt/ 6600gt/ 9250) Planning a Ryzen 4_00X, my first AMD since 2006. (4790K). I plan to keep the 5700XT for maybe 6 months and give it to my son. (my new monitor ended up being waaaay more expensive) Then I can buy the newer stuff. :D

Release it already. Take my money!

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Sony plans to "look at the future of gaming on PlayStation 5" next week

On June 4th, Sony plans to showcase "the future of gaming" by highlighting the power of its PlayStation 5 console, revealing new games, PS5 gameplay and more information about their next-generation hardware.

Sony has confirmed that its PlayStation 5 console will release globally in 2020, setting side rumours of console production issues, the company also confirmed that its first-party games are on schedule, many of which should be expected at the PS5's launch.

Jim Ryan, the president and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment, said that "it's time to give fans something that can only be enjoyed on PlayStation 5",
    inviting gamers to a livestreamed event where the company plans to showcase what its next-generation console is made of.
    This event will last for over an hour and be hosted on both Twitch and YouTube on June 4 at 1 pm PDT / 9 pm BST / 10 pm CEST.

At this event, Sony promises to showcase games from both new and established studios titles that are both big and small.
    Through this event, Sony wants to show gamers how the PlayStation 5 will "redefine the future of videogames".

19. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I am very impressed with what AMD has done with their driver/control software. I might actually use that whereas the nvidia bloatware serves little purpose, at least for me. I love that FPS in what you've been playing recently feature.

I'm a little disappointed in the bright blue LEDs on my 5700 XT power leads. I didn't even know those would be there. Part of what appealed to me about this card is it didn't have a disco light-show, it instead went for a classy, subtle aesthetic. It seems I cannot turn those LEDs off. XFX, what is the point of those lights anyways? To confirm power is coming from each 8 pin lead? Though, if somebody has a 3d printer, I'll bet they could fashion a nice, XFX led cap, as this seems to plague all their cards.

Electrical tape on my new video card. That can't be the answer. A minor concern. It does it's job quite well and pretty quietly.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Mysterious AMD RDNA 2 GPU Codenamed Sienna Cichlid Spotted in Linux Patches,
    Speculated To Be The Big Navi GPU For Enthusiast Radeon RX Graphics Cards

A mysterious AMD RDNA 2 GPU has been spotted within the latest Linux patches & it's speculated that this could be the Big Navi GPU powering next-generation Radeon RX graphics cards that all enthusiasts are waiting for.
    This specific AMD GPU was spotted by the folks at Phoronix and is codenamed Sienna Cichlid.The Sienna Cichlid codename itself is quite fishy. AMD moved to star naming conventions for its next-generation parts starting Polaris.
    We got to see Vega which was the last of the GCN GPUs and now we are soon going to get the 2nd update to the RDNA architecture in the form of RDNA 2. The RDNA 2 lineup will consist of several Navi GPUs.
    While the Star naming conventions for these GPUs aren't changing anytime soon, it looks like, at least internally, they go by a different set of naming schemes as is evident by this leak.

Sienna Cichlid is a GPU from AMD. This patch set adds support for it including power management, display, kfd, interrupts, gfx, multi-media, etc.
    The new register headers are really big so I haven't sent them to the list. Alex Deucher (AMD) via freedesktop.org

The same patch also lists down GFX1030 which is the codename for the RDNA 2 lineup while RDNA 1 uses the GFX1010 codename.

As for the GPU itself, there are a certain set of features the Navi based GPU adds over existing Navi chips such as:

• New VCN 3.0 capabilities for Video Encoding
    • DCN3 Display Front
    • Several Other Alterations compared to existing Navi GPUs

NV_SIENNA_CICHLID_P_A0 = 40.
    NV_NAVI21_P_A0 = 40.https://t.co/fY5rl9vYnN pic.twitter.com/opf96RcyKW

— 比屋定さんの戯れ言@Komachi (@KOMACHI_ENSAKA) June 1, 2020

There are a total of 207 patches added to the AMD Linux driver which can be viewed here. While there's not much information to dissect from within the patches, Komachi (via Videocardz) provides his understanding of why this GPU could indeed be the Big Navi GPU.
    The AMD Navi 21 has been presumed to be the Big Navi GPU which will power AMD's enthusiast-grade Radeon RX lineup later this year. It is stated that Linux 5.9 merge window opens in August while a stable launch around Q4 2020 in October.

According to Komachi, the Navi based Sienna Cichlid GPU has appeared as variant 40 before too. This specific variant is matched with Navi 21_P_A0 which was found in another leaked codename file.
    There are several other variants too which have yet to be found and could use different code names. Just a couple of days ago, we got to see another leak that listed down several RDNA 2 and RDNA 1 Radeon RX GPUs.

[​IMG]

THX to WCCFtech & Videocardz