NVIDIA INSIDER Preview Driver [450.99][Standard]

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, May 20, 2020.

1. Dro1d01

Dro1d01 Member

GPU:
    AD107
    450 - 451 driver brunch will be released in jun or july.
    Next Nvidia game ready driver will be from 445-446 brunch. They said, that at least one more driver will be from older brunch.

450.99 for now look nice, pretty stable. No memory leak in Dx12 like 450.12, full support all vsync options (450.82 have only vsync on and off). No blue screens or crashes in games, average and min performance slightly increased (Dx 9-12, Vulkan, OpenGL).

JonasBeckman and endbase like this.
  2. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Actually playing Deadfire, the second game. But just finished the first, only a few days ago. No problem.

3. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    That's why I used hwinfo for the other measurements. Even if its visual only, still an issue nevertheless?

BlackScout likes this.
  4. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Task Manager shows D3D GPU usage which has limitations with async compute and CUDA/OpenCL.

JonasBeckman likes this.

5. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Refer to the topic title: preview, for Windows Insiders, developers (in this case, mainly DX12 developers who are interested in new DX12 features, for preliminary testing).

JonasBeckman likes this.
  6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah speaking of Windows it gets a bit blurred same as those Windows insider builds as something like "Oh new build." and a lot of people end up installing and using it like your standard beta but that's usually a thing that just happens and the feedback here and other forums, NVIDIA's Reddit I suppose and also the GeForce forums might still be helpful for issue tracking and testing even if it's not as structured as an actual problem report or test environment and setup. :D

Development preview drivers for DirectX 12 Ultimate but with WDDM 2.7 and Windows 10 20H1 of course regular users would want to try the new features like GPU hardware scheduling and with no NDA or registration process for the download NVIDIA has taken that into account no doubt thus it's just a regular download process with some notes in the description for what the driver is for. :)

7. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    This is not a insider driver, insider driver comes from
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build , latest insider driver is 450.82.
    copy a phrase from someone else!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  8. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    G-Sync seems to be borked in this release. Keep getting the occasional, white-ish flickering and second long black screens. They are gone when G-Syc is disabled, especially 3Dmark seems to be affected. Hope this won't occur with the official WDDM 2.7 drivers next week.

9. EugeneJackKhoros

EugeneJackKhoros Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    A little reverse engineering gives amazing results:
    [​IMG]
    unpacked nvcuda.dll:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f_umCeGEpfPJOVCZXa9ZAcXInzhuLoTz/view?usp=sharing

I unpacked the nvcuda32.dl_ and nvcuda64.dl_ files from the folder "450.99_gameready_win10-dch_64bit_international \ Display.Driver", renamed them to "nvcuda.dll", placed them in the directory
    C: \ Windows \ System32
    and
    C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64.
    The system now detects CUDA files

UPD: Graphics settings "GPU Water Simulation" and "Bokeh Filter", which I reported recently in this thread, which disappeared from Just Cause 2, immediately appeared after that

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  10. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Well, it fixed my freesync related flickering black-bar issue:
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...kbar-like-flicker-at-the-top-of-the-screen-r/
    It's quite difficult to create the right conditions to trigger it but so far I haven't been able to trigger the flicker even after forcing the GPU to switch clock constantly using the FIFA 20 menu.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Wrong.

450.82 was a dev preview driver (and later pushed out on WU)
    450.99 was an Insider preview driver (obtained on the fast ring) and later released on the dev preview site.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

The files you replaced are loaders or forwarders, clearly Just Cause is in the wrong as its trying to read the version from a hard coded path,

as an alternative you can copy nvcuda32 into the game folder as nvcuda.dll

um. don't use gsync with 3dmark?

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  13. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    I noticed that this drivers are a bit slower when particles or explosions hapen on crysis 3,assassins creed odysey. But not al bad news doom eternal runs fine wolfnestein 2 also more smooth,mafia 3 runs like crap frame drops anyware i loock. But in assassins creed i lost 2 fps but gained more stability now my average its 59 fps but realy smooth. Valorant also runs very well.

14. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    I dont have hardware scheduling on but of assassin creed odyssey works great. Try turn of hardware scheduling.

15. Xul Aethyr

Xul Aethyr Active Member

GPU:
    1080TI MSI Gaming X 2ghz
    gsync is working good for me with this driver

16. Dro1d01

Dro1d01 Member

GPU:
    AD107
    OpenGL titles with hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling gets noticeable boost, maybe because HW scheduling reduce API overhead.
    Vulkan and Dx games with HW scheduling gets improved stability - less stutters, freezes and frame drops ( also, min and average FPS is slightly improved across titles, not as huge like OpenGL but noticeable).
    451 is still under developing, but on final stage.
    WDDM 2.7 aka 450/451 brunch will be some time in june or july.
    Probably next week will be 445/446 driver - Nvidia member said, that they still have at least one more driver from 445/446 brunch.

17. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    So far works like a charm :) not even noticing this is developer driver !

HARDRESET likes this.
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Nvidia's opengl driver is already near-zero overhead.

19. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    So installed 2004 and these drivers today. so far have only played Fallout 76 and GTA5 both seemed good no issues with performance.
    But with GTA5 in the loading screens, I would get a black flashing over the images, didn't occur in gameplay or in menus. Just on the loading images.
    Hardware Scheduling on. I will test later with it turned off to see if it makes a difference.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thats gsync/vrr related, the loading screens don't push continuous frames, only updates to the images are displayed.