iD Software to remove Denuvo from Doom Eternal

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 22, 2020.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Personally do not like games with hordes of brainless enemies and hectic gameplay, but thats just me. If people enjoy the game, its all that matters. Principles, idealism, SJW elements in a game do not bother me as long is it doesnt impact gameplay. Thing that turned me off DE was watching gameplay footage on YT, thats what 'doomed it' for me.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    when will pulbisher learn to just not bother, with DRM it people are cheat or pirate the game they gona do all DRM does it harm paying customer and in cause of Denuvo harm the games performance. Deus ex MD is one of those game that suffer do to the DRM with out load times are faster and game runs smoother.

I liked Doom 2016 I got when it was on sale less then 10$ it was fun game but I beat and never played it again. Really liked the music to it , I wish it came with the sound track

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC

Honestly, the best part about Doom 2016 was the fantastic soundtrack. I regularly listen to it (especially when working out) to this day. 2020's was a noticeable downgrade in that department, there are some cool tracks, but it's far less "metal" and "softer" imho.

Also just look at this, how often does one see concerts from a video-game soundtrack. :p

Turanis likes this.
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @Solfaur

Yah I aware of the can get sound track way I was hoping steam offer the sound track with the game or even gog, but this more bethesda thing. then again since my pc no longer has speakers attach to and only headphones I kind stop listen to collection of music,

But seriously what stick out for me and still does to this day is the sound track, game is forgettable after beating it, and I dont play any of these types of games "multiplayer" stuff or challenges. having a game that isnt forgetable and has you coming back for more no mater how many times you beat it is rare sadly at lest by my standards anyway.

Furi is another game that has an amazing soundtrack beat the game and addon now I no longer play it, but music is standout and I have that saved threw spotify actual I have doom 2016 saved there too. you know how many time I tried to buy the sound track for it threw steam or gog, but it need me to buy the game first, I have it for ps4 PS store dont sell the sound track last i looked.

Last edited: May 23, 2020

5. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    no offense to journalists of video games websites they have become obsolete in my opinion, here's how I choose my games in 2020
    1) watch someone playing it on stream/youtube it doesn't take 5min to know if you're interested or not at all
    2) go read only the negative reviews, skip all the trolls and concentrate on recurring software/hardware problems and or gameplay design flaws (bad meta or poor gameplay flow)

apparently I can add reading people's opinions on Guru3d forums now lol thanks everyone for your opinions about the game
    being forced to play the way game designers intend me to and being castrated by game mechanics is not my cup of tea "I already have a work" if you know what I mean

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Now I might consider buying it, but the damage is already done (paying customers were once again treated like criminals) and I'm busy with other games.

7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Dude, its very easy to get a sense of the game (not by journos) but by gamers playing the game from start to finish in the form of walkthroughs on YT. This way has served me perfectly over the years to get the best feel for the game.

AsiJu and Maddness like this.
  8. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Thats exactly how I currently do it. You get a feeling pretty quickly weather or not it is my type of game or not.

alanm likes this.
  9. Rx4speed

Rx4speed Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 295x2
    Anti-Pirate Software is just a waste of money when used for for it's original purpose. However, if it actually works for preventing cheating, I dont give AF how intrusive it is. Frankly, if every online player had a dude standing at his desk with a .45 ACP snuggled up to his temple warning him not to cheat, I'd be down with that.

10. Rx4speed

Rx4speed Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 295x2
    That used to be the case. But now, game journos are SJW white knights who are only interested in pleasing the game companies. Modern game reviews, just like Rotten Tomatoes for Movies, is an dumpster fire of gender studies that cannot be trusted.

Solfaur likes this.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    What you just said as nothing to do with my statement that you quoted. Aside from that, there are many negative reviews that surely cannot please the game companies in such situations.

Maddness likes this.
  12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Eternal has no SJW influence (rather the mortally challenged is a jab at SJWs) or microtransactions.

Don't know what you mean by rainbow fountains.
    Ammo from enemies? No different to 2016.
    That Doomicorn Twitch skin? Obvious joke (that you must actually unlock to use, not even available by default)

Story is there to follow or ignore, just like 2016.
    Eternal does have a few cutscenes but they can be skipped.

As for handholding, you can turn off the tutorials.
    Besides without them everyone'd complain enemy weakspots aren't obvious etc.

My guess is you base your opinion on what you've seen on trailers or reviews.

That's fine but check your facts first.

I for one am on second playthrough now and game is absolutely brilliant once you learn it.

Eternal is a great addition to Doom franchise and by all accounts a great Doom game.

13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Eternal is pretty much setup the same way Doom 2016 is story wise. There's a basic story, and there's lore to collect and read if you want to.

14. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Kernel level anti tampering rootkits are not welcome in my computer i do not trust bathesda id denuvo or riot games to pinky promise is only making sure you do not cheat .... Big data is the last decade and after the new gold mine.