Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 23, 2020.

1. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I just noticed it in some games and only with freesync enabled, as soon as i turn it's no more a problem, it's a 144 hz VA Display and does not affect all games just a few .. :eek:

2. Jumy

Jumy Member

GPU:
    9700pro to 5900xt
    the products are good but drivers are literally sucks, 2020 year AMD is still in the world of dreams, driver made for smartphones not for pc
    I have found that many problems if not all in ALL drivers are caused by panel setting vs overlay setting, often they do not match and create conflict
    I dare not imagine how the gaming profiles work, the basic things would be shared and to understand WELL what works in fullscreen vs borderless
    Now 2020 year if supported you find almost all setting in game, so many scenario.... game not support but you have in amd setting same as always, game support but not in game setting (only in amd setting), game support and you have in game and amd setting, which one will take over????
    Something will create some incompatibilities conflict? a child would say yes

Old zero fan issue is only a example, panel vs overlay setting (in many driver is hidden but only a tracing)... yes guys a simple double setting conflict (wattman/overdrive same), so imagine others, need to simplify drivers and all unnecessary overlays and tracing to 90% of players, amd toward automation that will never actually do in a user pc, the driver problems come from there

Simple step advice, an old symple LITE driver with real settings that once put they will be REAL and maybe some color/setting for monitor. Quality amd is in regression!

VR i not need, overlay i not need, relive i not need, hotkeys cause only conflicts and i not need another overlay for this, wattam/overdrive if wotk well ok otherwise i can use third parties that work better of proprietary drivers... all this is ridiculous with his problem and tracing

ps, overclock/volt or under:
    I remembered that it was a dangerous and not recommended practice, it invalidated the guarantee and caused instability /conflict problems and damage hardware
    Year 2020 AMD control your gpu, overclock/volt your card with his automation driver.
    I wonder if they will ever refund when a card dies (ram artifacts is just one example)

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  3. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Yes, I must say that I don't want anymore monitor without VRR. It's very easy to get used to it :)

I noticed that in some games I had to turn the VSYNC OFF and in some games ON to get fluid picture.
    Of course I have capped FPS to 3FPS below my refresh rate (73Hz) in RTSS. If the game has own limiter I always try to use it.
    Maybe give it a try to play with these settings :)

GamerBoyManuel16, Passus and OnnA like this.
  4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    So...20.5.1 next week along with the official 2004 windows update!

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That'd be nice, well the more time it takes the more stuff they can add or if not that the more testing can be done for what's being fixed and hopefully unbroken from earlier drivers. :)
    (It works fairly well but some components do have their issues though on the whole it's looking better so that's a plus.)

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well everything worked out great and i'm super happy :D , RMA came in yesterday from XFX , process was kind of slow but worth it :). They sent me a brand new card RX 590 FatBoy and this one does not have black screen / green screen , crashing problems :) , works flawlessly on any driver. Guys beware of the black screen / green screen problems as it might not be the drivers but faulty hardware like me. If your video card still giving you problems try to do an RMA for your video card as that might solve all your problems.

7. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Good for you mate, I'm happy that you are happy. You can now fully enjoy the experience I have had till 2020-branch :D
    But tell me -- you have faced black screen and green screen issues with most of the drivers right? Also with the 2019 branch?
    And for some of us RMA is not an option as e.g. the VEGA64 card was bought at the day of release (and since then was stable till 2020 came).

8. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Never had any black screen when using web browser.
    I am using Edge or Brave both based on chrominium with HW.
    My video player, PotPlayer also is using Hardware Decoding and no problems.
    Once had black screen cuz I overdone uverclocking, besides that no problems in the past with RX580 or now with Vega56 the same goes to my NV cards.
    You guys really have bad luck, and got some super duper faulty GPUs, moslty some very bad leftovers from some 6th Party Factory in middle of nowhere

9. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Leftovers from the first batch that left for sale on day one of premium VEGA64 liquid cooled product. Must be the most unlucky guy on the planet then. Or might it be just related to 2020 branch of drivers, cause... you know....
    I never hat such blackscreen problems earlier on? Or maybe it is a combination of different factors? E.g. GPU and a high resolution display with high refresh rate connected through some particular connector e.g. Display Port?

Or yeah.... I have the very first leftover card, sold on day one from some third world country second or third-hand factory produced by a drunk.

10. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC

11. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Nope, Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Extreme with 3960X. Latest BIOS, latest drivers, my mem is 1000% stable too as I tweaked it and torture tested it under TM5 with custom profile for hours with no errors. And no black screens under 2019 branch.
    My dirty workaround (min state = P1 for GPU and 852/810 MHz/mV in Wattman) also fixes black screens under the 2020-driver branch, however with worse thermals and power consumption. Black screens only happening when idling (and in a P0 state). 3D or P1+ states are rock solid.

For me it looks like AMD changed quite a lot in the idle power management and maybe in the UVD section too and broke something in the 2020 driver branch.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    HD64G likes this.
  12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Noticed on Reddit that someone fixed their GPU issues by going into their BIOS, and changing their mobo's PSU Power Saving options from Auto to Standard. Apparently Low or Auto uses too aggressive power savings and caused his GPU to black screen.

HD64G and BlitzTown like this.
  13. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

I have a MSI MB where would i find them settings?

14. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Mhmmm.... I might look into this.... the question would be same as BlitzTown has asked -- where would this option be normally located.... by any chance do you have the link to this Reddit post Chastity?
    Or did you/he mean the CPU power States / Idle management e.g. C6 states?

UPDATE:
    @Thadeus answered the question, I can take it from here and look into the section on the gigabyte mobo and post some results a few days later as it usually takes several hours to get a black screen.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  15. Thadeus

Thadeus Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT Hellfire
    MSI Tomahawk B450:
    OC Settings > CPU Features > Power Supply Idle Control

PrEzi and HD64G like this.

16. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Is this for newer boards or would I have something similar on a H97 chipset board?

17. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

I dont see that on my meg ace

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://forums.unraid.net/topic/61767-amd-ryzen-update/

Intel Haswell compatibility, newer PSU's from 2013 and on should be good but not all of them are.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Unless the system is in sleep mode it should only really matter for multi-rail systems if the GPU is on a single one of these rails and is somehow managing to draw zero so it hits this zero amp mode, single rail and higher-end PSU's well something's going to draw power unless the system is sleeping so it should be pretty unlikely to hit zero.

Never say never though, think can be kinda weird with how the GPU reports power draw until it registers activity and then it's usually at a very low clock speed but it should not be zero as the GPU would need to be entirely idle or off and that should only occur in sleep mode.

EDIT: Doesn't mean it couldn't be some issue though, it's a neat power saving option if supported and worth trying as it should only change so that there's a higher minimum constant instead of going down to the low voltage mode and zero support. :)

20. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    mhmm... I don't think this will have any impact on me since I am on a premium board with very good VRMs and also on Corsair AX1200i which by the time I bought it was one of the best PSUs in the world (including some oscilloscope in-depth tests). That is of course excluding worse then sh**ty software on the corsair side (not using fortunately as it leads to more problems than the goodies it provides).

But nevertheless I will check if I have any such settings in my BIOS....
    Only issue --- It breaks my hearth to give up the 17 days uptime.... basically a few days after 14.4.2 released + got black screen with them clean and applied my P1 workaround.