iD Software to remove Denuvo from Doom Eternal

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 22, 2020.

1. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Makes sence as the game is already cracked so that version of denuvo on this game is pretty much useless. Denuvo is not needed on MP either, just anti-cheat is needed.

2. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Where was it? I get that with the last Wolfenstein - both New Colossus and (especially) Youngblood had that, but in DOOM? If anything, didn't the busybodies have a problem with the "mortally challenged" joke? I can understand a lot of your grievances (although I like the campaign), but this one I don't get...

Ricepudding and mentor07825 like this.
  3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    And this is the reason why we get Trash. Doom has to be Doom, don't like that - make a new franchise. Instead they have to twist it. Merged Doom with Quake, added some fairy dust sprinkled on top and dumbed everything down. Digusting.

4. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Ok. Also, you didn't answer my question.

AsiJu likes this.

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Already did earlier in the thread.

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Ah, the ole rainbow fountain, rap music SJW influence - how can we forget?

yasamoka likes this.
  7. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Again, where? One other person asked you what you meant by "SJW influence", and you didn't reply to him. So, where is it? Is it the unicorn skin? I really don't understand what in the game you refer to as "SJW influence". To me that means something like the annoying lady in New Colossus that mansplains to you twice when you meet her, or the entirety of Youngblood. What like this is in Eternal?

8. mentor07825

mentor07825 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    I'll be honest, played through the campaign entirely and some levels more than once and I didn't see it.

Just Doom Guy beating the hell out of demons and audio logs of a female scientist thirsty over him.

9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Denuvo anti-cheat is very different than Denuvo anti-tamper. Finally the article says nothing about removing Denuvo anti-tamper.

10. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Start to piss me off here buddy - I already wrote twice., those are my reasons - deal with them.

Your example is what's called a blatant form of sexism.

11. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I mean... I didn't see any of the stuff you're seeing? You moaning about the rainbow custome? I thought that was funny as hell, and its a choice had a spartan/gladiator style one most the game.

As for microtranscation i've not seen any? Maybe it was in the newest update or maybe I never clicked or found a store button.

It has some flaws, like ammo could of been done better, but music was on point, loved the killing and carnage. The mini Cheat codes that you could get added some random fun, and the guns all felt good including the mods.

Maybe i zoned it out but never saw any of this "SJW" influence you have been talking about. But each to their own and games can't make everyone happy.

Personally I thought it was a great game, never overstayed it's welcome, and had a good amount of challenge and skills. Think it's nice Denuvo is going, but can't say I felt any performance hit

On topic Denuvo is sadly the less of evils that is needed. Shareholders want it as protection, I'd rather this than online only or Secure-rom and the other awful methods we have had to deal with like GFWL. Would I prefer there to be no DRM sure, but It may also be the reason games get made or shareholders might not invest.

EDIT: Agree with the awful rap music, must have been some random marketing team making that. should of had some RIP and TEAR going off

AsiJu and yasamoka like this.
  12. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Oh god I don't want to even think about GFWL that was one of the most useless pieces of software out there because it did not work because it wouldn't save my game progress and I was playing Batman Arkham City at the time. Even though Denuvo is an evil at times at least it doesn't mess up in such as way that prevents you from saving your game when you don't want to play it any more unlike GFWL. Also another form of DRM that was probably the worst one is StarForce which reeked havoc with some users computers back during the win9x days where they had to reinstall the OS. Yeah SecuROM was very bad it prevented users from playing their games if they had like Daemon tools or Nero burning rom or a 2nd Optical drive. And with Secure-ROM the only way to play your games was to use a NO-CD crack. Also here is an interesting tid bit Denuvo was made by the same people who brought us SecuROM.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Fun Fact, Denuvo is made by the same people that created SecuROM.

14. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Oh today Starforce will still happily brick any recent Windows version by forcing HDD drivers for a fricking SSD, so it's gotten even more effective at keeping you from playing the games. Windows can not recover... so good advice is to have a manual, non-MS, BIOS level OS recovery system present if you still have an optical drive and want to have some not so much fun with invasive '00s DRM that doesn't read on the box WTH they've used.

Oh and didn't Sony install ROOTKITS at some point iirc?

15. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Oh very true I just read about a Windows 10 PC getting hosed up because of it. Yes Sony did get into trouble for installing questionable software that contained rootkits. Yeah also did read about it being so bad that Windows needed to be reinstalled.

16. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    The games reviewers are big disappointment, they did it all wrong.. jumping, puzzle never was fan in FPS, same as looking to map screen, searching for way.. cant shoot because of stupid low ammo, hunting for some powerups, killing recommended way, because of some unlocking.. no quick save, lives, bad checkpoints.. only lore, atmosphere and shooting is fine, vertical gameplay is wrong too. Forcing glory kills and using some power gimmick because of armor is stupid..

We need quick save mode and autosave after every good jump.. and some better navigation, all things unlocked from the start.. unlimited chainsaw and pistol usage and after that i could be quite good game.
    These new trends, are all wrong.. Doom 2016 was on the edge, but this is abomination.

17. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    Well, I haven't even played Doom eternal, but I think denuvo destroys everything it touches. if a game is popular and you add after launch a level 0 driver to keep cheaters away, you should expect this reaction, and Doble it if the word Denuvo is arround. Denuvo is an anti-consumer company. No one wants their things on their computers. You just tolerate them when you have no more options.

18. thesaiyan

thesaiyan Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Honestly I don't know what game you played o_O but ammo is not scarce (ammo drops on the levels respawn actually), there is just a technique to it that you have to be conscious (I guess you could call it a game design choice) and use the chainsaw to restock all your ammo... Level design is great and adds replayability... If you simply had more levels in the same Doom 2016 format with the same game design then you would have called out ID for it's lack of creativity and for being lazy... so probably there is no winning with you... as for the SJW thingy, again, don't know what game you played as I did not see any... but ohh well... I guess you cannot please everybody either but simply accusing the game as SJW and "destroying" the game or franchise is a bit ridiculous...

19. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    GFWL was close to the worse one.... assassins creed 2 always online was horrible... drop internet for a second boom kicked you out and didnt save... Rockstar social club to me feels like games for windows live... had such a bad time with it... securerom also bad any games from back then you need a cd crack to play them now. Defeats the purpose of owning a game haha

Solfaur likes this.
  20. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Ok i was the one asking about SJW in the game, i understand now is just a problem with the rainbow fountain.
    I did not play the game but i do not see how the rainbow fountain could be connected with any other rainbow flag.
    So maybe you do not like the game, and that is fine, and you do not like explicit support of some other social cases, and that is fine too, but maybe there is not any kind of SJW things in Doom eternal.

I do not think there are any in wolfstein series video game, but please send me some reference if any.

Now of another topic, people like me, getting older, i m 41, i spent hours on doom 1 and doom 2 at the time, and i still did not take doom eternal on and i have tried doom 2016 for like 3 hours. How do you think a software house should build a doom for people that have less time or that they are getting progressively worse at hard video games?

You say hand holding video games is bad, but also playing a video game once a week and do not remembering at what point were you, is bad anyway.